ADVERTISEMENT

Letter from Ray

USCBruce

Mar 14, 2001
Simpsonville, SC
And on cue, out comes the letter from the Athletic Dept encouraging everyone, that even in these difficult times, to please consider the option to Reinvest for Success!

Reactions: Tmac069
1. He needs to tell us how many fans will be allowed in (assuming we have a season and they let fans in) and if we have to wear masks.

2. If fans are allowed in how will they determine who can go and to what games?

3. I assume there will be social distancing in the stadium. With only 10-20,000 fans, it would be prudent to put us all in the lower levels. Will we be assigned new seats?

Until then I can't make a decision.

giphy.gif

And on cue, out comes the letter from the Athletic Dept encouraging everyone, that even in these difficult times, to please consider the option to Reinvest for Success!

Tell Ray he needs to reimagine what money looks like...

They have been spending like drunken sailors on Coaches contracts...

1. He needs to tell us how many fans will be allowed in (assuming we have a season and they let fans in) and if we have to wear masks.

2. If fans are allowed in how will they determine who can go and to what games?

3. I assume there will be social distancing in the stadium. With only 10-20,000 fans, it would be prudent to put us all in the lower levels. Will we be assigned new seats?

Until then I can't make a decision.
Football
Is
Cancelled.

100+ years of total failure and ineptness. NOT A PENNY!!!

Reactions: taxcock
with all the money they have brought in over the last few years one would think they have enough to sustain them for a year or two. Unless they have pissed it away.

To me his legacy is forever tarnished.
Sometimes people (like Ray) need to learn contentment. The BOT wanted to find a malleable functionary to place in that job, regardless of his substandard qualifications, and they found a ready-made one in Ray. They have all gotten what they deserved. I feel sorry for the faithful fans who have tangibly backed the program. They got what they did not deserve,

Sometimes people (like Ray) need to learn contentment. The BOT wanted to find a malleable functionary to place in that job, regardless of his substandard qualifications, and they found a ready-made one in Ray. They have all gotten what they deserved. I feel sorry for the faithful fans who have tangibly backed the program. They got what they did not deserve,

I agree with your post, but would like to add "with no qualifications".

Why would anyone think a championship baseball coach would necessarily make a good AD? Why would they not instead look at an AD who had been up through the ranks in that specific career path. In other words, maybe they might have looked upon the position not as a reward for someones good service, but as a important position for which qualifications and job experience would benefit.

I know I have the advantage of hindsight, but I really want to know what the BOT were drinking?

Yes, but King, this has been going on for 100+ years now......... *EVEN I* cannot blame ray and chump for that.

Now why are u still beating on Hyman?

Will time change how Tanner is perceived? Say 5-10 years after he retires, would people be open to having a statue of him for what he has done as a coach in front of Founders park? Today I would say yes but few more years of this crap and I may change my mind.

Across the campus in our award winning business school, they study things like the Peter Principle (yes, that’s the real name) where there is a risk of people getting promoted to their level of incompetence, then they don’t get promoted anymore. Ray is a great example. But here we are in 2020, I would prefer bad to mediocre athletics to none at all.

I agree with your post, but would like to add "with no qualifications".

Why would anyone think a championship baseball coach would necessarily make a good AD? Why would they not instead look at an AD who had been up through the ranks in that specific career path. In other words, maybe they might have looked upon the position not as a reward for someones good service, but as a important position for which qualifications and job experience would benefit.

I know I have the advantage of hindsight, but I really want to know what the BOT were drinking?

To be fair Skip Bertman was a pretty solid AD at LSU. He’s the only example off the top of my mind that went from dugout to AD, but he was also a pretty successful one too.

We have been losing for a long time so that reason won’t fly. And she is my wife.

Precisely my point. Thanks for helping me make it *CRYSTAL* clear........ losers have been supporting the losing "no matter what" - for decades now.........

Quick question? How's that working out for us? Maybe, just maybe, if we collectively demanded better we'd get better results???? Crazy town thoughts I know........... smh. (Losers will always have a losers mentality)

I see a lot of this #notadime stuff... These same people are demanding an athletic department eliminate positions that will cost millions to get out of and millions more to hire replacements for... and they are supposed to do this on credit I suppose? If you want the attention of the athletic department, send them a big check with a note about your concerns and tell them there is more where that comes from if... Otherwise you aren’t willing to put your money where your mouth is and are just blowing smoke on a forum.

Will time change how Tanner is perceived? Say 5-10 years after he retires, would people be open to having a statue of him for what he has done as a coach in front of Founders park? Today I would say yes but few more years of this crap and I may change my mind.
Absolutely. The further removed from his success and the more surrounded he is with failure it absolutely will change perception. Everyone appreciates the baseball NCs but baseball isn’t exactly a sport that draws a big national following on the collegiate level. Franks Final Four run probably brought more exposure to the school than both of the baseball championships combined.

Reactions: howard13
Precisely my point. Thanks for helping me make it *CRYSTAL* clear........ losers have been supporting the losing "no matter what" - for decades now.........

Quick question? How's that working out for us? Maybe, just maybe, if we collectively demanded better we'd get better results???? Crazy town thoughts I know........... smh. (Losers will always have a losers mentality)

Are you Danny Devito?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT