ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty University Poured Millions Into Sports. Now Its Black Athletes Are Leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that this thread is still unlocked, yet others get locked. I mean, we know why the racist liar that started the thread did so in the first place. I'm in favor of not locking any posts, btw.

Reactions: importcock
I don't think the best of the best in football will be going to HBCUs in any large number. Even if they truly want to support their cause, they still have to take care of themselves and their families first. And playing for Bama, OSU, LSO, Clem, and others get you a lot better look from pro scouts than going to a smaller school. Plus, there's no way a small school can match Clemson's pay scale. ;)
Let 3 or 4 blue chippers sign with hbc's and not only will you see their signing days, espn will jump front and center to cover their games. The 5* basketball player headed to Howard will bring In at least 1 or 2 nationally televised games.

Interesting that this thread is still unlocked, yet others get locked. I mean, we know why the racist liar that started the thread did so in the first place. I'm in favor of not locking any posts, btw.

Agreed on all of this.

I don't think the best of the best in football will be going to HBCUs in any large number. Even if they truly want to support their cause, they still have to take care of themselves and their families first. And playing for Bama, OSU, LSO, Clem, and others get you a lot better look from pro scouts than going to a smaller school. Plus, there's no way a small school can match Clemson's pay scale. ;)
I said, yet, with football. However, even with that players and parents are discussing it. Football is an expensive sport and would be a big ask for players to shun established programs to pick up HBCU's. The argument that people supporting HBCU's are making is that the players that were good enough made the league anyway when they couldn't attend the big programs. Basketball is much easier. All you need is 2-3 high caliber players and you've got a team. If a. guy like Mikey Williams actually follows through on attending a school like Texas Southen instead of just talking about, that could spark a shift at least in that sport. I am in no way advocating this. So, don't shoot the messenger. Just telling you the type of discussions that are happening with NFL players down to parents.

Last edited:
No. If that statement is true, the guy should have been fired immediately. No doubt about it. That doesnt change the fact that a huge number of these kids whine and complain about everything and are a bunch of whiny babies looking for any and every reason to be offended.

You know who whines a lot and finds ways to be offended?

Whining about players kneeling
Whining about black students at Liberty standing up for themselves
Whining about people who don’t like Trump
Whining about protestors
Whining about masks

go ahead and guess...

In this little space in time you may see some black athletes with Power 5 offers choose an HBCU. Especially in basketball. But this is little less than trying to make a tribal statement at this point in time. But it won't last long. And I'd watch the transfer portal for those that do after about a year. There will come a time when they will wonder why they didn't sign up for a place with first class facilities. Why they are taking a five hour bus ride home when they could be flying. Why their parents rarely get to see them play when they could be on TV every night. Why they are staying at the HI Express and eating at Golden Corral on the road, when they could be staying in 5 star hotels and eating in the finest restaurants. Making a statement sounds great in the short term often. But then it is quickly forgotten and suddenly doesn't seem like such a good idea.

It’s kind of funny that Slate posts an article about black athletes leaving Liberty and people are all up in arms about how ridiculous this is and saying it’s made up because it’s from a left-leaning site despite it including quotes from actual players

Next thread down is Breitbart noting that ratings for the MLB and NBA went in the tank due to protests. This isn’t criticized for being right-leaning or the fact they ignored that the ratings were still equal to or in some cases slightly up over what these sports drew on average over the years.

It’s kind of funny that Slate posts an article about black athletes leaving Liberty and people are all up in arms about how ridiculous this is and saying it’s made up because it’s from a left-leaning site despite it including quotes from actual players

Next thread down is Breitbart noting that ratings for the MLB and NBA went in the tank due to protests. This isn’t criticized for being right-leaning or the fact they ignored that the ratings were still equal to or in some cases slightly up over what these sports drew on average over the years.

That’s an old, tired tactic - attack the site or organization and ignore the quotes and details of the story.

but Then they point to their own biased site

That’s an old, tired tactic - attack the site or organization and ignore the quotes and details of the story.

but Then they point to their own biased site

You've done that, too. You did it months ago regarding an interview with Fauci from a conservative site.

You've done that, too. You did it months ago regarding an interview with Fauci from a conservative site.

Big difference

the site in that case was not a story but an interview where the interviewer, in that case, was pushing his own position. He wasn’t reporting a story With quotes from various people - in this case - athletes at Liberty who have transferred.

Reactions: Conway Gamecock
Big difference

the site in that case was not a story but an interview where the interviewer, in that case, was pushing his own position. He wasn’t reporting a story With quotes from various people - in this case - athletes at Liberty who have transferred.

Nope, you're wrong, as usual. The only difference is you're a hypocrite and it is being pointed out. Of course, you've attacked sources while ignoring quotes and/or facts on many other occasions.

Nope, you're wrong, as usual. The only difference is you're a hypocrite and it is being pointed out. Of course, you've attacked sources while ignoring quotes and/or facts on many other occasions.

Nah, sorry. You got your facts twisted again. I am glad I corrected you though.

now back to the hypocrites at Liberty and their defenders..

Reactions: Conway Gamecock
Nah, sorry. You got your facts twisted again. I am glad I corrected you though.

now back to the hypocrites at Liberty and their defenders..

I am your intellectual and moral better, so it is unlikely you'll ever be in a position to correct me. So, as usual, you're wrong.

A liar. A racist. A hypocrite. An idiot. Batting 1000 tonight, Rollerdumb.

Do you not see the irony in you complaining about the students complaining about their own experience.
If you consider telling the truth "complaining" then I dont know what to tell you. See, once again, rollerball posted an article on a subject that he knows very little about. I was there. Even though it was so long ago, I still am much more qualified to talk about it then he could ever be.

I am your intellectual and moral better, so it is unlikely you'll ever be in a position to correct me. So, as usual, you're wrong.

A liar. A racist. A hypocrite. An idiot. Batting 1000 tonight, Rollerdumb.

Oh, I’ll correct almost every post you make. That’s not new either.

If you consider telling the truth "complaining" then I dont know what to tell you. See, once again, rollerball posted an article on a subject that he knows very little about. I was there. Even though it was so long ago, I still am much more qualified to talk about it then he could ever be.

You are spinning tonight. I posted an article that explains why A number of black athletes are leaving liberty U.

you can spin it however you want to spin it. It won’t change the facts.

And Because you got kicked out of there 30 years ago doesn’t impact that story at all.

Reactions: Dizzy01
You know who whines a lot and finds ways to be offended?

Whining about players kneeling
Whining about black students at Liberty standing up for themselves
Whining about people who don’t like Trump
Whining about protestors
Whining about masks

go ahead and guess...
Oh thats pure gold. You talking about anyone whining about anything.
The list of your whining about various things would go on for days.

You are spinning tonight. I posted an article that explains why A number of black athletes are leaving liberty U.

you can spin it however you want to spin it. It won’t change the facts.

And Because you got kicked out of there 30 years ago doesn’t impact that story at all.

Yawn. You are so boring Rollerball. Come on, you are getting slow in your old age, not to mention, you are the king of spin!

Oh. No,doubt. I whine about trump all the time.

but I admit it.

I laugh at those that whine all the time, like you too, that don’t see it.

Oh. No,doubt. I whine about trump all the time.

but I admit it.

I laugh at those that whine all the time, like you too, that don’t see it.
Oh, I never said I never whined. I am an admitted grumpy old man. I do think when I am whining, its in defense of the truth. I cant stand someone whining over an imagined alternate reality.

Oh, I never said I never whined. I am an admitted grumpy old man. I do think when I am whining, its in defense of the truth. I cant stand someone whining over an imagined alternate reality.

I think 99% of folks think they are defending truth as they see it.

I think 99% of folks think they are defending truth as they see it.
Truth is not relative and it does not change. If it was true a 1000 years ago, it is still true, regardless of the whims and opinions of man. There is no such thing as "your truth" or "my truth." There is only The Truth and one must find what that is and stand by it, regardless of the opinions of others or the changing times.

Reactions: importcock

But he's still 1000% correct though. You're constantly whining about others who - in your opinion - are whining, and for all you know (or don't know, which is quite immense) those others don't whine near as much as YOU do: they are "whining" about things that personally involve and affect them, while you're "whining" about others in ways that have totally nothing to do with you.

By them leaving Liberty U, they are actually taking a stand for their "whining" by taking actions that could impact their very lives, while YOU - you're just sitting in front of your PC monitor, in your safe space, tapping on a keyboard. Doing NOTHING but "whining".

But you're too hypocritical to even bother to notice any of that. That is the REAL pure gold.....

Last edited:
Reactions: USC2USC
But he's still 1000% correct though. You're constantly whining about others who - in your opinion - are whining, and for all you know (or don't know, which is quite immense) those others don't whine near as much as YOU do: they are "whining" about things that personally involve and affect them, while you're "whining" about others in ways that have totally nothing to do with you.

By them leaving Liberty U, they are actually taking a stand for their "whining" by taking actions that could impact their very lives, while YOU - you're just sitting in front of your PC monitor, in your safe space, tapping on a keyboard. Doing NOTHING but "whining".

But you're too hypocritical to even bother to notice any of that. That is the REAL pure gold.....
And now you're whining about him. Next you'll say I'm whining about you. There's no end...

Oh please Conway. They are not taking a stand. They aint losing out on jack. They are a bunch of little self righteous, "everybody is racist and out to get me" little snowflakes.
Secondly, Conway - you dont like my whining? There is this little button called "ignore." Use it. I will not lose a minute of sleep about it, I promise.

Honest question...have you personally ever been the target of a racist slur?
Yes. Multiple times. My wife and I both have been, albeit cracka carries much less punch than does the N word, although for some strange reason, she has never been called that when I was around. I wonder why? I have been called an N lover 2-3 times that I remember and no telling how many times I have been called that behind my back. Keep on movin' on. You cannot regulate thought or words, although the one I do dread is when someone calls one of my daughters a racial slur. I might end up in prison over that one.

Pretty much about 75% of kids 15-25 are whiny little babies and spoiled little brats. They have bought the media lie that everyone is a racist and out to get them and they dont take personal responsibility for anything.

I was there. I spent 4-5 years there. I know what I am talking about, though I do realize some things might have changed somewhat, but they havent changed that much. I dont buy any of this crap because I know the deal. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

You obviously stated "I don't know if things have changed since I lived there" a few times. The usual suspects on FGF attack anything not remotely in line with the MSM narrative that all Caucasians are evil and racist. Not sure there is a word used more these days than RACIST. If you don't agree with the left, then naturally you're a RACIST. If you support the RACIST, Donald Trump, then you're a RACIST too!

Bunch of bullshit! Lots and lots of RACISTS everywhere according to dumbasses like Don Lemon on CNN???

Reactions: jeff2001
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT