ADVERTISEMENT

Likely would be hard to get Schlossnagel(?sp) from TCU - 4 straight years to Omaha. I would

Personally, I think Ray will end up hiring a successful up-and-coming HC. Someone like a Lovelady, if not Lovelady himself.

I just can't see a big-name coach leaving to come to USC. Again, just my guess.

Personally, I think Ray will end up hiring a successful up-and-coming HC. Someone like a Lovelady, if not Lovelady himself.

I just can't see a big-name coach leaving to come to USC. Again, just my guess.

We need a proven, experienced head coach. Can't take a chance on a potential flash and the pan coach. You get what you pay for. We have got to open up the checkbook. This is a very good job, great faciiities, fan base cares about baseball, two national championships, etc... Can't be cheap and expect to get anybody good.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
We need a proven, experienced head coach. Can't take a chance on a potential flash and the pan coach. You get what you pay for. We have got to open up the checkbook. This is a very good job, great facilities, fan base cares about baseball, two national championships, etc... Can't be cheap and expect to get anybody good.
While I don't disagree with you, I think it will be more difficult to pry away such a coach than you think. Again, just my opinion.

Oh, and that's flash in the pan.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadd66
"I am continually thankful to Mr. (Chris) Del Conte and Chancellor (Victor) Boschini for not only giving me the opportunity to be at TCU, but for their continued commitment to our baseball program and its student-athletes," Schlossnagle said. "It is very rare in my profession to find the perfect combination of a university that is committed to excellence across the board, a city that, for me, is the best place to live in our country and a fan base and support group that has allowed our program to become extremely relevant in the community.

"My family and I love TCU and Fort Worth and look forward to continuing to grow this program."
Would be a challenge to pry him away...
http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/jim_schlossnagle_139605.html

Reactions: atl-cock and sadd66
I like your list Rod. What about the Wake Forest coach? They may lose to UF but they have been impressive. Leading the country in home runs? That sounds like fun!

Wake Forest coach donated a kidney to one of his players! Surprised the NCAA didn't claim it was an 'impermissible benefit'...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT