ADVERTISEMENT

(link) Rankings are a point system....

Did you open the link?
Yes have a screen shot showing south Carolina at 19 commits with a current team ranking of 19.
(Ain’t bad and looks like another 6-9 win season with a nice bowl game) but we need to crack higher to get to Atlanta for an Sec title!

Yes have a screen shot showing south Carolina at 19 commits with a current team ranking of 19.
(Ain’t bad and looks like another 6-9 win season with a nice bowl game) but we need to crack higher to get to Atlanta for an Sec title!

Screen shot? What are you looking at? We have 25 commits. Stanford is number 19.

Holy hell....thank you. My mistake. On par with Mississippi state...woohoo.

The number of recruits can be misleading. Since there is a limit of 85 scholarships for each school you can only bring in so many till you reach the imposed limit.
So each year the number of signees can be very fluid.

What? No 2* recruits this year?

Alabama no 5*

Any bet Clemson passes us on signing day? Any bet that at least one of our commits flips to FL?

What? No 2* recruits this year?

Alabama no 5*

Any bet Clemson passes us on signing day? Any bet that at least one of our commits flips to FL?
The TItle games are won on the lines of scrimmage; I know USC is working their tails off but we need more DE and DT and high end players. Looks like we have only a few spots left so the picking will be timely. We have good players and this is a good class.. just need more players to have an elite team

Reactions: HI Cock
We need pass rushers terribly. Klempson will have a small class. They have only 12 commitments right not. 2 of them are top 5 at their position in the country. Sigh

Rivals rankings:

Free Shoes University
2014 #4
2015 #3
2016 #2
2017 #5

FSU Record 2017
6-6 3-3

I know rankings are based on talent at the high school level and potential, and it's no small task for anyone.
Just saying...in no way are they indicators of certain success.
And a lower ranking certain isn't an indicator for losing.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
Rivals rankings:

Free Shoes University
2014 #4
2015 #3
2016 #2
2017 #5

FSU Record 2017
6-6 3-3

I know rankings are based on talent at the high school level and potential, and it's no small task for anyone.

That’s one example. Here’s four...
Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama
Clemsin

ALL have great recruiting and two have newbie head coaches.

Rivals rankings:

Free Shoes University
2014 #4
2015 #3
2016 #2
2017 #5

FSU Record 2017
6-6 3-3

Total anomaly in 2017 fir them. Also won the national championship in 2013.

Reactions: VirgilCaine
Rivals rankings:

Free Shoes University
2014 #4
2015 #3
2016 #2
2017 #5

FSU Record 2017
6-6 3-3

There is a correlation of high recruiting rankings and final outcome.. just not an exact science. With your example look at where FSU ended all years not just this one.
We need more DE and DT that’s for sure !!!

More times than not folks with continued top ten consecutive recruiting classes end up with a chance for titles! I will take my chances play with the odds vs against the odds.

Reactions: NooNoo
The number of recruits can be misleading. Since there is a limit of 85 scholarships for each school you can only bring in so many till you reach the imposed limit.
So each year the number of signees can be very fluid.
The way you get around that 85 limit is to recruit kids with academic scholarships and call them "preferred walk-ons". Why we don't play the game like this is beyond me, everyone is doing just that. That's how you let your alumni network work for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT