ADVERTISEMENT

Link: Why Michael Scarnecchia didn't play Saturday

• Thread starter Brian Shoemaker
  • Start date
That irritated the crap out of me but I kinda see Coach Muschamps point....... kinda sorta.

Such a crock. He lead us to the biggest win of the season and kid can't even get some snaps in his last home game he will play, in a game that was never in question. One of the things that I don't agree with Muschamps. He doesn't play back ups unless it is absolutely necessary. He is more worried about the present than the future during games.

That sounds like a coach that pissed away a big 4th Quarter lead at some point this season and knew he would get canned if it happened again , especially against Akron .
Haha! Good point!

But, claiming we weren't taking care of the ball (which was true), while keeping in the QB responsible for two of the TOs.......

I just hate it for Scar. Seems like a good kid, who by all counts was a great teammate.

If Scarnecchia stays with the team through the bowl game he is a better man than I am. Regarding Joyner and Ulrich, is their lack of playing time, the coaches way of influencing them to transfer? I just can't think of any other reason. You mean they can't be trusted to catch a shotgun snap and run left or right.

There is no reason, only b.s. excuses,which doesnt bode well for recruits wen all they see is the only chance they will get to play will be if theres no other alternative.I know if i was a commit i would take that into consideration.I also see that as a big negative as to his coaching skill

"We could have given some other guys some snaps but at the end of the day we weren’t taking care of the ball. That concerned me.” - Champ

Unsaid but clearly seen > "So I decided all by myself to keep trotting out the guy responsible for 2 of our turnovers and I expect our fan base to not be smart enough to call me out on it." - Champs private thoughts.

They were afraid Scarnecchia would come in and extend the lead. They didn't want that.
tenor.gif

Not letting 2nd string play will cost Champ not only in a scenario where he needs 2nd string, but believe me recruits see when players have opportunity to play and this was a slam for recruiting good players that are likely rated lower than players already committed. Huge mistake!

Not letting 2nd string play will cost Champ not only in a scenario where he needs 2nd string, but believe me recruits see when players have opportunity to play and this was a slam for recruiting good players that are likely rated lower than players already committed. Huge mistake!

I am concerned that Pickens Tech will be using this in recruiting against us.

It would’ve been so much easier for Muschamp if he would’ve come out and said “I Fd that up.” People respect it when you own a mistake.

It was poor not to get Scar in there and most Gamecock supporters feel the same way. I hope he gets a chance in the bowl, but I’m not hopeful based on what I saw Saturday.

This article doesn’t help. Just makes it worse.

I am concerned that Pickens Tech will be using this in recruiting against us.

It would’ve been so much easier for Muschamp if he would’ve come out and said “I Fd that up.” People respect it when you own a mistake.

It was poor not to get Scar in there and most Gamecock supporters feel the same way. I hope he gets a chance in the bowl, but I’m not hopeful based on what I saw Saturday.

This article doesn’t help. Just makes it worse.

No, not really... They chased away Kelly Bryant, a senior QB for a hot young Freshman....

Like Champ but don`t understand at all. We were floundering over and over - put someone else in to get a spark! He obviously played well in the rain. Him or Dak or both. I really don`t get it,, but I still support Champ.

Another thing, we saw Bailey get hurt late in teh game.... What if that was Jake Bentley who got hurt like Bailey????

You know that fans would be looking for Muschamp's scalp....

Scar is hugely responsible for our biggest win to date and played very well in the rain.

He should have been given at least the entire fourth quarter in my opinion. He won a huge game for us and basically hasn't seen the field since. That's no way to thank your senior.

The writing is clearly on the wall..with 2 more qbs coming in and the way we like to stay with 1 qb,I wouldn’t think that some my leave before long..or move to another position..

Scar is hugely responsible for our biggest win to date and played very well in the rain.

He should have been given at least the entire fourth quarter in my opinion. He won a huge game for us and basically hasn't seen the field since. That's no way to thank your senior.

Yeah, he doesn't start vs Mizzou and we lose that game and can be 6-6 or worse 5-7...

Every player on the team is important to the program...

I do think this was a very bad move by Muschamp...

Only way to make it up... Start Scar against UVA... and let him play more minutes, specially in the 3rd or 4th quarter when we're up on UVA...

Like the Durkin situation, it would have been better to just not say anything here.
If I am not mistaken, the only team we beat that is currently or at anytime ranked was Missouri and Scar was responsible for that.
I like Muschamp and I think he and his staff are doing a great job under the worse conditions ever at Carolina (Clemson and Georgia prominence) but with decisions like this and what happened at Florida, that can change rapidly!!

If I am not mistaken, the only team we beat that is currently or at anytime ranked was Missouri and Scar was responsible for that.
I like Muschamp and I think he and his staff are doing a great job under the worse conditions ever at Carolina (Clemson and Georgia prominence) but with decisions like this and what happened at Florida, that can change rapidly!!
We don't have much room for error, 'tis true.

No, not really... They chased away Kelly Bryant, a senior QB for a hot young Freshman....

You have a point here. But my point is at least they play guys which is what led to the transfer.

Obviously we reeled in Hillinski but not playing a senior in his last home game in a game in hand against Akron was a poor move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT