ADVERTISEMENT

List of Gamecock QB transfers who had had success at QB after transferring

JDishnell

Oct 23, 2019
I would like to compile a list of all Gamecock QB transfers who went on to have success at the QB position at a legit program.

Feel free to add names.

Vic Penn is about the only one although UCF wasnt very good back then.
Brandon Mcilwain - Cal (no better)
Connor Mitch - James Mad (quit)
Antonio Heffner - Tenn St (much different competition)
Lorenzo Nunez - SE Louisiana (no better)
Tommy Beecher - Liberty (barely played)

Sure im missing some but thats all I can think of.

Lorenzon Nunez - SE Louisiana (no better)

Tanner McEvoy transferred and had success at Wisconsin as WR.

I think Tanner McEvoy ended up being a DB.

Think he split time between QB, safety and WR. I mostly remember the WR part. Don't recall where he played the most, but it definitely wasn't QB. He played a decent amount at QB in 2014 (112 attempts) and was ok.

Reactions: Brace1

Who was that QB who left here and wound up playing Safety at... I think is was Wisconsin?
Edit- just saw him above- Tanner Mckevoy! Wasn’t that GI Joe guy OBSESSED with him on the boards? Ya’ll remember that? Every day he would make a thread kissing this guys nether regions and ranting about how we let a Heisman QB get away... Then Tanner got switched to DB! LOL

Reactions: Cock In Space
giphy.gif

Reactions: Flameout12
Think he split time between QB, safety and WR. I mostly remember the WR part. Don't recall where he played the most, but it definitely wasn't QB. He played a decent amount at QB in 2014 (112 attempts) and was ok.
Good all around athlete

true story but all three Mitch kids started out at major programs (M1 QB @ UMD, M2 WBB @ Duke, M3 QB at USC) and ended up leaving for minor programs (I think the others were something along the lines of Gardner Webb types of schools). Based on his brother and sister, I called this the minute he took the field at USC. Good kids though, kind of a bummer.

There were 2 Spurrier recruits, one started and threw 3 or 4 interceptions and was not seen again. He played in a smaller college and his other recruit from Penn. was decent when he transferred. One other transferred to Jacksonville and did pretty well. Can't remember the names but I'm sure someone will.

There were 2 Spurrier recruits, one started and threw 3 or 4 interceptions and was not seen again. He played in a smaller college and his other recruit from Penn. was decent when he transferred. One other transferred to Jacksonville and did pretty well. Can't remember the names but I'm sure someone will.
Tommy Beecher is the one who started that one game and just bombed... It was a damn shame to see. Kinda made it feel like Spurrier used him to send a message to Garcia..

For Spurriers reputation as a QB guy he surely struck out on a LOT of QB’s here. Some clearly were not major D1 material.

Reactions: The Cool Cock
I think one of the SOS guys was Aramis Hillary, he maybe went to Coastal, but I can’t remember if he killed it or not. I’ll look later.

There's a NFL player who played with Tanner. He told me Tanner was the most athletically gifted player we had but he was in SOS's doghouse for that incident and would always be. Looks like he was onto something considering he made the league as a Safety and WR.

I think one of the SOS guys was Aramis Hillary, he maybe went to Coastal, but I can’t remember if he killed it or not. I’ll look later.

Don’t think he did.
Who was the other northeast guy we signed besides McEvoy? I think a year or two after him. I think because of Mangus we thought our QB’s had to come from up there.

Don’t think he did.
Who was the other northeast guy we signed besides McEvoy? I think a year or two after him. I think because of Mangus we thought our QB’s had to come from up there.

Brendan Nosovitch, from Allentown, PA. Got his degree from here and went to Boston College as a grad transfer. Don't think he ever got in a game there, though.

We have never produced a NFL QB, much less had one transfer out. We have a long and storied history of terrible QB's.

Antonio Hefner
The disaster down at Auburn Spurrier's first year. I was there to witness it all - Spurrier sitting on the bench with Hefner, who was clearly out of his element, trying to calm him down. Kenny Irons had fun against us that night also, if I recall correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT