ADVERTISEMENT

Listened to 107.5 this week and they were getting ready to

gman29577

Sep 4, 2002
Myrtle Beach
have Martin on for their weekly chat,but were talking about football recruiting. He got on the air and was it was obvious he was perturbed that the conversation was about football. He even said "you guys talk football for 9 months it's basketball season". Well coach, tonight is why we talk football.

This post was edited on 1/17 9:06 PM by gman29577

Heard that as well. I think the women's success is a factor too, as there is now as much (if not more) talk about Staley's team on Cola radio than Frank's. Here's a simple solution for him ... put out a good product on the court and win some SEC games. He's now 10-30 in SEC play, and counting.

As far as I'm concerned, the ladies are front and center when it comes to "Gamecock Basketball". They take no prisoners. Martin needs to step it up a notch and show significant improvement in conference play this year. Staley inherited a mess as well, yet she went 8-8 in SEC play in year 3. Based on our men's SEC start (and sure losses to UK), I highly doubt that we'll hit .500 mark this year.

Again, the bottom line is winning. You win, and people will talk about you and come to see your product. It's not complicated.

This post was edited on 1/18 7:59 AM by carolina81

All he has to do is look at the women's team if he doubts the potential support for basketball around here. The men would have close to that just by being a tournament level team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT