ADVERTISEMENT

Listening to 107.5.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
Dont listen all that often. Tommy is flying solo today and I swear 99.9% of content is in the past! It’s a great show if you want to learn history. If you want thoughts on current happenings and relevant discussion topics it’s just not happening.
Because I’m not near Columbia I don’t get the station often. But I don’t think I could listen everyday.

Dont listen all that often. Tommy is flying solo today and I swear 99.9% of content is in the past! It’s a great show if you want to learn history. If you want thoughts on current happenings and relevant discussion topics it’s just not happening.
Because I’m not near Columbia I don’t get the station often. But I don’t think I could listen everyday.
IHeartRadio is your friend

Man he always talks about the past because he's ancient. The afternoon show is unlistenable, and the morning show isn't much better.

I like Tommy. He’s a great guy with some good insight, and always so even keeled, but he tends to ramble about ancient history. Also most of his trivia questions go too far, like ‘ who was the qb’s, Mom’s, mailman of the first ever nfl game that had instant replay?’

Reactions: TheReelEss
A couple other phrases everyone on that stations says is "At the end of the day" and "My thing is". If you speak for a living, please use your words. I like Teddy Hefner on WVOC better but I don't want to pay for an app to stream it.

A couple other phrases everyone on that stations says is "At the end of the day" and "My thing is". If you speak for a living, please use your words. I like Teddy Hefner on WVOC better but I don't want to pay for an app to stream it.
Why would you have to pay for an app to stream it. I stream Corey on that app every day off my iPhone for free.

You don't have to pay for their ap. You can download it or if you have the free tune in so you can hear them there

Reactions: TheReelEss
lol, yeah i hate it when people end sentences with that. I guess you're supposed to think they've considered all the arguments before sharing the thought, per se.
giphy.gif

I have recently been commuting to Cola from Florence to work, and mostly just listen to Heath otw home. He does a good job IMO, and does his homework like someone above said. It is what it is, and so forth LOL.

Damn some of y'all that call in to that show are not the sharpest tool in the shed. Hahahaaaaaaa

Tommy blew me way when he suggested Jake might actually be part of the problem on offense and it would be good to have a backup quarterback. I almost wrecked my car. Never expected to hear that from him.

I have been critical of Heath in the past, but his show has been awesome this football season. He's toned back the political stuff since the last election; now he doesn't want to talk politics. And he's less condescending than in the past. After Roper was fired, he took calls for the entire 3 hours. Some of the names callers offered as a possible OC were comical; however, Heath handled every caller with the upmost respect. As always, Heath is prepared and he has very good guests. He should give the other 107.5 hosts a lesson on how to do a proper interview.

Gunter and Hill have grown on me a little more over time. Anyone else ever notice how when Gunter is making a point he mumbles the last few words of the sentence every so often. Its almost like he is talking too fast and cuts himself off to move on to his next point.

Reactions: 92Pony
Gunter and Hill have grown on me a little more over time. Anyone else ever notice how when Gunter is making a point he mumbles the last few words of the sentence every so often. Its almost like he is talking too fast and cuts himself off to move on to his next point.
The only good thing about that show is when Perry Orth calls in or when Trey Dyson sits in. But hey at least they got rid of Captain Telegram.

The only good thing about that show is when Perry Orth calls in or when Trey Dyson sits in. But hey at least they got rid of Captain Telegram.

I did enjoy listening to Orth talk about football when he did. Unfortunately hill and gunter had to set time aside to ask him about where he tailgated, what did he eat, what did he take to the tailgate...every....single...week.

I have a southern accent and everything so I suppose I shouldn't comment. But

It bugs me how Gunter pronounces some of his words. "Grite"? I think you were going for "great"

Tommy blew me way when he suggested Jake might actually be part of the problem on offense and it would be good to have a backup quarterback. I almost wrecked my car. Never expected to hear that from him.

I have been critical of Heath in the past, but his show has been awesome this football season. He's toned back the political stuff since the last election; now he doesn't want to talk politics. And he's less condescending than in the past. After Roper was fired, he took calls for the entire 3 hours. Some of the names callers offered as a possible OC were comical; however, Heath handled every caller with the upmost respect. As always, Heath is prepared and he has very good guests. He should give the other 107.5 hosts a lesson on how to do a proper interview.
Someone must have told him to be nicer. He used to hate when every person would ask how he was doing. He usually wouldn't respond and it was uncomfortable. He is extra enthusiastic now to tell everyone how he's doing. And just for the record, he's doing "great". But someone may need to check again this afternoon.

Reactions: DarkCock
This is your old pal Doby down at Frank's Discount Tires!

Unfortunately there are now two different "Doby" commercials, each one as stupid as the other.

By the way, we have friends that took their car to the Lexington location recently for new tires, and when Franks was done they rode over to Target afterwards to shop. Got into parking lot and one of the tires rolled off. They forgot to tighten the lugs on all four. Our friends called them immediately and they claimed no responsibility.

Then come to find out we have another set of friends who used a different Franks location, and same thing happened to them. Only the husband drove from Columbia to Greenville on two tires with no lugs!

Unfortunately there are now two different "Doby" commercials, each one as stupid as the other.

By the way, we have friends that took their car to the Lexington location recently for new tires, and when Franks was done they rode over to Target afterwards to shop. Got into parking lot and one of the tires rolled off. They forgot to tighten the lugs on all four. Our friends called them immediately and they claimed no responsibility.

Then come to find out we have another set of friends who used a different Franks location, and same thing happened to them. Only the husband drove from Columbia to Greenville on two tires with no lugs!
Now you know ol' Frank was just funnin!

Reactions: fightingcock103

Tim Hill had one of the better Columbia sports talk shows when he teamed with Matt Barrie a decade ago. Barrie is on ESPN now pretty much 24/7. Barrie is like George Michael and Tim Hill is like the other guy from Wham!

My favorite throwback show was "the cheap seats" with Brian Custar and Lane Wofford

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT