ADVERTISEMENT

listening to Chizak comments

golden spike

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2010
boiling springs
He was talking about the willingness of {I think] Georgia's DB's to engage / commit to contact. It made me reflect on our own DB's. It appears they avoid coming up tackle...when they do it is with their arms / hands and react slowly usually not making contact until 5-10 yards down the field. Am I being unfair or am I just wishfully thinking?

He was talking about the willingness of {I think] Georgia's DB's to engage / commit to contact. It made me reflect on our own DB's. It appears they avoid coming up tackle...when they do it is with their arms / hands and react slowly usually not making contact until 5-10 yards down the field. Am I being unfair or am I just wishfully thinking?

They are more athletic/ talented than our guys, imo. D.J. Swearinger, for example, made the kind of play you're talking about!!

I'll agree that it is athleticism over desire. DJ was a good example. Lattimore was a good example - nobody would deny him the end zone because he "wanted it more" (never mind that he was a 225lb missle with his pads a foot off the ground and an insane ability to cut a few inches in the right direction). All of these guys want it. But you sure look like you want it more when you are also better than anyone else on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT