ADVERTISEMENT

Live PD is in Greenville......................again.*

It's in SC 50% of the show it seems. Cool show tho, they got a group of guys that shot up a house in Greenville and tried to hide their guns in the bushes just now. They went down a dead end and tried to camp the situation out. K-9 unit found the guns.

It was an attempted robbery gone nearly the worst way.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Both law enforcement agencies are scheduled to be on the showceach week. It shows the daily activities n both counties

Reactions: wentzel25
giphy.gif

I need to watch this.

Favorite TV moment ever was on COPS, when a short fat guy busted for DUI tried to run from a short fat cop.

What ensued was probably the shortest foot chase in the history of televised foot chases.

Both those dudes ran out of gas about 20 feet from the start and kinda started wrestling/flopping around on the ground like a couple of beached whales.

Awesome.

Same for Columbia - often the location is out in the sticks, usually north of I-20 off of US 321/21.

I'm sure the University would object to them filming within city limits, businesses in the Vista and 5 Point as well. Same for businesses in downtown Greenville.

Reactions: 67gamecock
I agree. I like the use of 'Richland County, SC' by the program host rather than 'Columbia, SC'. The only episode I recall where the apprehension/search/arrest occurred in downtown Columbia took place on upper Bull Street across from DMH and DSS - they had chased the guy down I-277 into the city.

I agree. I like the use of 'Richland County, SC' by the program host rather than 'Columbia, SC'. The only episode I recall where the apprehension/search/arrest occurred in downtown Columbia took place on upper Bull Street across from DMH and DSS - they had chased the guy down I-277 into the city.

Definitely prefer 'Richland County, SC.' Unfortunately the city of Greenville is screwed in that regard since the county shares the same name.

LivePD wasn't on tonight because of technical difficulties. People on twitter are talking about driving here.

Famously HOT!

Won't see anything downtown in Greenville as the show seems to be only the Sheriff's dept. No police dept. which covers the city. Probably the same deal for Columbia. Good for both as it avoids the more popular tourist areas. As far as Greenville, you see a lot of action around the White Horse Rd, Cedar Lane Rd., areas. Typical spotty areas where less than the finest of citizens seem to be.

I hardly ever recognize the areas they are in when it's in Greenville. It's always at a rinky dink place of business, the ghetto, or a trailer park.
If you are a street cop on patrol, you'll find that most of your "business" takes you into those rinky-dink places, ghettos, trailer parks, etc. As a rule of thumb, if you find that your neighborhood is popping up regularly on COPS or the various similar programs out there, it's probably time to think about moving.

Reactions: 67gamecock
What ensued was probably the shortest foot chase in the history of televised foot chases.

Remember that one where the cops responded to a domestic disturbance and arrived at the address to find a drunk guy with no shirt on standing in his front yard? That one was awesome.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Curtis Wilson, USC PA announcer, and criminal wearing Gamecock hat representin' tonight.

Reactions: cocknjax
Last week in Greenville they had four guys sitting on the curb in cuffs. One of them looked at the camera and said " shout out to all my babies mamas!"

Reactions: SCexpat38
I'm sure the University would object to them filming within city limits, businesses in the Vista and 5 Point as well. Same for businesses in downtown Greenville.
I doubt the University would have any say so over this?
I saw that. The whole time they were playing it up for the show almost as if they were proud of it. What a sorry society we live in.
Agreed, but people seem to be lining up to watch it so I guess that's why they have this show

Won't see anything downtown in Greenville as the show seems to be only the Sheriff's dept. No police dept. which covers the city. Probably the same deal for Columbia. Good for both as it avoids the more popular tourist areas. As far as Greenville, you see a lot of action around the White Horse Rd, Cedar Lane Rd., areas. Typical spotty areas where less than the finest of citizens seem to be.

Sheriff's Department can patrol and have jurisdiction in all parts of the county, regardless of any municipal authorities which may be in place. I had to explain this to citizens many times when I worked for the court system. It's just a matter of who is considered a "first responder" for a certain area, with regard to 911 as to who gets the call first.

Just like the Citadel denied access to their campus when the lords of discipline was being filmed. It ended up being made in England.

Greenville Country rarely patrols downtown Greenville. Greenville City usually handles that. Same with Columbia. Columbia PD handles downtown, vista, 5 points more than Richland County.

Columbia's looking like the wild, wild west tonight. Someone got shot near the "Gamecock Bi-Lo." Not good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT