ADVERTISEMENT

Live PD is in Greenville......................again.*

I agree. I like the use of 'Richland County, SC' by the program host rather than 'Columbia, SC'. The only episode I recall where the apprehension/search/arrest occurred in downtown Columbia took place on upper Bull Street across from DMH and DSS - they had chased the guy down I-277 into the city.

Tonight one time they said Columbia County.

I don't understand why people watch trash like this on TV. Why not just sit in a Walmart parking lot with a bag of popcorn?

To me this stuff at least shows what cops have to deal with. The worst "trash" on TV has to be low-rent talk shows where they do paternity tests all the time.
Which I recently learned my stepson's wife is a big fan of. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. She's a a tatted-up yankee transplant ex-stripper who went on to become a paralegal and now doesn't work at all, just stays home chain smoking and drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon and watching that stuff.

A cautionary tale, that.

I don't understand why people watch trash like this on TV. Why not just sit in a Walmart parking lot with a bag of popcorn?
Trash? You act like this is "the bachelor" or something... I don't understand how someone could NOT be interested in an insanely popular TV show being filmed live in your own city?? It may be trashy what is happening sometimes, but only because of the IDIOTS that live right around us... I am in the NE not far from Two Notch, and own a rental downtown not far from where that car just flipped and the maniac swung his baby around like he was going to club Mastrioni with it! So, if you live in NY or in some gated resort in a tropical locale, this may be unrealistic trash TV to you- congrats! (Oh dahhhlibg I just don't believe people actually live like this, bring me more caviar please!) To me, it is a potential warning that trouble could be headed my way! This isn't trash it is real life in MY TOWN. Ignore it if you want, this is the shit that is literally beating down people's doors in the real world! Welcome to Columbia!

Trash? You act like this is "the bachelor" or something... I don't understand how someone could NOT be interested in an insanely popular TV show being filmed live in your own city?? It may be trashy what is happening sometimes, but only because of the IDIOTS that live right around us... I am in the NE not far from Two Notch, and own a rental downtown not far from where that car just flipped and the maniac swung his baby around like he was going to club Mastrioni with it! So, if you live in NY or in some gated resort in a tropical locale, this may be unrealistic trash TV to you- congrats! (Oh dahhhlibg I just don't believe people actually live like this, bring me more caviar please!) To me, it is a potential warning that trouble could be headed my way! This isn't trash it is real life in MY TOWN. Ignore it if you want, this is the shit that is literally beating down people's doors in the real world! Welcome to Columbia!

I wonder what kind of entertainment comes next after this fantastic show peters out?

Reactions: coolcock2001

I know, right? The idea that livepd represents a decline in our culture compared to escapist fare like The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory or the Bachelor is a peculiar one to me. But, whatever. To each his own.

Anyway, it's good to know we have some genuine heroes in Columbia (and I'm not talking about ball players)

Where r u in the NE? im out by sandhill and the area is headed to the crapper... quickly.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Won't see anything downtown in Greenville as the show seems to be only the Sheriff's dept. No police dept. which covers the city. Probably the same deal for Columbia. Good for both as it avoids the more popular tourist areas. As far as Greenville, you see a lot of action around the White Horse Rd, Cedar Lane Rd., areas. Typical spotty areas where less than the finest of citizens seem to be.
White Horse runs through Burritto.....formerly known as Berea

USC's national championship baseball teams got a shout out tonight

The camera crew on the west coast county could not help but showing the name of the bar, Cum Inn, where an argument had ensued. :)

There will never be another, in law enforcement, that can hold a candle to Barney, although they all try.

Reactions: SCexpat38
"]Believe me on friday and saturday nights with livepd on tv it changes peoples behaviors and they do stay holed up smoking crack watching the show, ive seen it[/QUOTE]

Do you have a lot of friends who smoke crack while hiding from the law???
Are they your customers or just the folks you hang out with, on weekends???
Must be exciting to break the law without the fear of getting busted. You must have balls of steel to be a Narc in today's culture of violence.

My daughter is a trauma nurse in Columbia and they watch that show to see what to expect coming in !! " There is a GSW headed our way" lol

ADVERTISEMENT