ADVERTISEMENT

Living in NC reading/hearing a lot of

nursegirl25

Aug 29, 2005
This first game for NCSU could make/break their season and even steer Doeren towards the door or an extension. True, or made up rubbish I'm hearing it and I like the fact the "tight" vs. "loose" might be favoring our gamecock boys. Don't get me wrong, I think we desperately need and want to win game one but I see more and more "NCSU sleeper contenders" " D Line best in school history". etc, etc.....
This would totally jump start our season with an "upset" in Charlotte.

I would love to win the toss, defer......Get a 3 and out then drive and get points......Gotta hope right?

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
It's a big task, despite what some posters put up on here saying things like how we'll thrash them and run them off the field. Not all posters mind you but there is always some who are unrealistic. They then want to fire everyone when we don't win big.

It's a big task, despite what some posters put up on here saying things like how we'll thrash them and run them off the field. Not all posters mind you but there is always some who are unrealistic. They then want to fire everyone when we don't win big.
It's unrealistic to expect a W over NCST??
Wow

I fully expect us to win. We are better than them

Alumni say Doeren is on the edge. This has to be a breakout season or goodbye. Even though they lost last year, they say the KKKlempsux loss saved his job. Go figure.

Cocks-27
NCS-16

Reactions: ProtectThisHouseUSC
This first game for NCSU could make/break their season and even steer Doeren towards the door or an extension. True, or made up rubbish I'm hearing it and I like the fact the "tight" vs. "loose" might be favoring our gamecock boys. Don't get me wrong, I think we desperately need and want to win game one but I see more and more "NCSU sleeper contenders" " D Line best in school history". etc, etc.....

I would love to win the toss, defer......Get a 3 and out then drive and get points......Gotta hope right?
Well we are talking about the same team that was one missed chip shot field goal from keeping the Upstate guys out of the playoff. Guessing they will play this year with a big chip on their shoulders as motivation. Plus playing to save your coach's job doesn't hurt either

I understand that the Pack can be a dangerous team considering last season they came within a missed field goal of upsetting Clemson and a dropped interception that would have likely almost guarantee a win against Florida State. However, NC State in the last three years had three straight 3-5 conference records with 9 wins and 23 defeats in the ACC for the last four years. I believe South Carolina is very capable of beating the wolfpack.

I was told indirectly in another thread that this would be a tough opener for South Carolina. I think this will also be a tough opener for NCSU considering the last four years they started the season with William and Mary, Troy, Georgia Southern and Louisiana Tech.

Most of the talk about State is the DL and talk of a pretty good QB but they better have an all around team to be as good as some say. A loss by either team won't torpedo either season but will be a big boost. A talented DL is good but how about their depth, they can't play every snap. I just ain't buying a loss for the Cocks because of a DL and a good QB, there is a game plan for them all we have to do is execute. Conditioning will play in.

Our strength is our offense (weakest link being OL). I expect their vaunted DL will give us fits, however, we are experienced on offense. While the running game may struggle, I expect our passing game to open up the run enough to score points outside of the red zone. Red zone defense for NCST stands to be good and few points there. I think the return of Skai Moore is underated. He was a beast two years ago. I think his maturity and experience will pay huge dividends, probably taking an extra player for NCST to help contain him, thus freeing up our new inexperienced guys to make plays, even if based on talent only in a first game. Both teams will be plain vanilla playbook, in general, for a non-conference game. This aids the inexperienced guys, especially if you have an experienced player tying up the offense's attention.

I think we have always been the underdog in Charlotte, but look how we have responded. I'm not promising a victory, but I am expecting a victory. I expect yet another close one in Charlotte, not seeing a blowout with the vanilla playbook. I think we are better than last year at season's open, and I don't think NCST is quite as talented as last year's opponent, so feeling better about things this year. Of course, doesn't mean we win.

Reactions: WTFeather

I would love to not have a penalty in the first series

There are ways to nuetralize a good d line. It would be better if you could physically beat them. But just in case you can't...

A few well timed screen pass plays will help.
Test the edge early.

Or don't step out of the end zone and step back in and take a knee.
We got a break last year with the VERY FIRST play of the year.

I was going to mention this, but since he didn't come all the way out it wasn't a touchback. So I figure no harm no fowl... (See what I did there?)

If we lose to State, we're toast. Mark it down. We might win a few games, but you won't see improvement in the overall record if we lose to State.

You mean like in 2010 when Va tech lost to Boise state and James Madison to start the season and then they won out in acc and beat fsu in acc champ game?

If one game destroys us then we ain't much to begin with

Judson1Well-Known Member
New

or a timeout. (and I know he said penalty but a delay of game on first play of the game).
Or don't step out of the end zone and step back in and take a knee.
We got a break last year with the VERY FIRST play of the year.

It doesn't matter about HIM. The ball has to cross the goal line. It didn't, so that's why it wasn't called.

Vegas hates us. Wonder how many times we beat the spread last year? Most of the time?

It's unrealistic to expect a W over NCST??
Wow

I fully expect us to win. We are better than them
It is unrealistic to expect we will run them off the and totally thrash them. That's what the post says. To expect a win in a tight game is realistic.

You mean like in 2010 when Va tech lost to Boise state and James Madison to start the season and then they won out in acc and beat fsu in acc champ game?

If one game destroys us then we ain't much to begin with
There are intermediate possibilities as well. We won't have a better record than last year if we lose to State.

Wolfpack fan, here. I've been following the NCSU v. South Carolina series for a long time. I remember sitting in a business meeting a few years ago clandestinely listening to the game when you all knocked Russell Wilson out of the game. There were a few scary moments with his health. Most games are VERY close. The win/loss record after all these years is close too with you all now up by one over 500.

I agree with most of the fans around here in NC that this should be a special year for NC State. You all have been discussing State's defensive line and it is true that the first 4 may be as good as 2005 season where (led by Mario Williams) there were 3 first round defensive line draft picks but 2 others drafted later. This year's team also has depth with not a huge drop off with the second 4. The linebackers are deep and talented. However, there are definite questions in the defensive backfield.

The offense is loaded with 4 of 5 starters returning on the line. Finley is a good QB who has put in 20 lbs and is expected to run more. Matt Dayes is a big loss at RB but there is a stable of quality replacements. Jaylen Samuels is a returning all-ACC, all purpose fb, rb, and te. This may be the best group of WRs in several years. The starters, Harmon and Louis, are kind of big for wideouts, but with good speed.

Obviously, you guys are in the SEC and have a lot of talent. Coach Muschamp is recruiting well. But, as I mentioned earlier, this may be a special year at State.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT