ADVERTISEMENT

LOL, Ken Hatfield replacing Radakovich on playoff committee

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
After the way Clemson used and abused Hatfield, from the first day until his last, I doubt he'll be inclined to buy 'all in' with Dabo's PR machine. The fans there still despise the man, even though he was actually their "real deal" Christian gentleman coach. Hatfield had a remarkable record both at Arkansas and Clemson with his triple option, even though he had to deal with the over-meddling Frank Broyles in Fayetteville and a lot of orange-clad idiotic rednecks in Pickens County, simply because he had the effrontery to replace the legendary Danny Ford. He will do a great job on the committee.

About Hatfield: Years ago my high school team played Daniel. Both teams had high-profile players in the playoffs. We played at Camden, so I was selling tickets as teachers are often expected to do.

Ken Hatfield came to my window and bought his ticket. I remember him because he had a great leather jacket on. But I did not know who he actually was.

The Daniel fan behind him got up to the window and said to me, "I can't believe you just charged Coach Hatfield to get into this game!"

I looked out and saw the now-identified coach standing patiently in line to get into the game.

I looked at the Daniel fan and said, "I think more of him for paying to get into the game than for you trying to get him in free."

I always liked that guy after that and was glad when he got out of that place.

GOCOCKS! BEATVANDY! BEATUT!

I got to know Coach Hatfield through mutual charity work when he was in the upstate at Clemson. He was a classy, humble, hardworking and very unpretentious gentleman who never publicized his generous giving, used his title for self-promotion or cashed in on his fame while doing service work in upstate communities. That's why I knew he wouldn't last too long in Pickens County.;)

I got to know Coach Hatfield through mutual charity work when he was in the upstate at Clemson. He was a classy, humble, hardworking and very unpretentious gentleman who never publicized his generous giving, used his title for self-promotion or cashed in on his fame while doing service work in upstate communities. That's why I knew he wouldn't last too long in Pickens County.;)
So, you’re saying he was the exact opposite of who is there now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT