ADVERTISEMENT

LOL, Taters. You almost had it!!!!

GoCocksFight2021

Jan 28, 2021
8l23gf.gif

I’m not laughing at them at all. They played inspired basketball throughout the tournament.

They played well and played Bama well. Nothing to hang their heads about. They had a very strong run.
Brownell coached a great tournament.

I liked watching their games in the tourney. They play a bit of old school basketball.

This is the most "loser-est" thread I've ever seen on this board. It makes sense to be glad they lost, but to talk trash and say they got favorable matchups? They were a 6th seed that were underdogs in all their matchups. They were picked as most likely to be upset in the first round and they blew their opponent out. Meanwhile, we get stomped in the first round and make excuses for a match we should have won easily against an 11-seed.

This is the most "loser-est" thread I've ever seen on this board. It makes sense to be glad they lost, but to talk trash and say they got favorable matchups? They were a 6th seed that were underdogs in all their matchups. They were picked as most likely to be upset in the first round and they blew their opponent out. Meanwhile, we get stomped in the first round and make excuses for a match we should have won easily against an 11-seed.
Is that you Danny??

Reactions: section907

Well, most people on here aren't even honest with themselves, so dont be surprised.

But don't under-estimate the ability of some people above to make themselves look like idiots.

Clemson had a great year. The made the Elite 8. They obviously had a better year than we did and they beat us when we played.

Acknowledging those facts doesn't make one a Clemson fan. UCONN is a lot better than we are and look great in nearly every game. Admitting that doesn't make one a UCONN fan.

Reactions: Plyger
Well as of April 1st they are on the Couch with the Gamecocks watching the Final Four. You all can Gush over them all you wish, They are just the 8th Loser!!

They are- true

They just had a better year than we did and went further than we did when it mattered.

kPGi9iqInn2tW.webp

They are- true

They just had a better year than we did and went further than we did when it mattered.

Well, most people on here aren't even honest with themselves, so dont be surprised.

But don't under-estimate the ability of some people above to make themselves look like idiots.

Clemson had a great year. The made the Elite 8. They obviously had a better year than we did and they beat us when we played.

Acknowledging those facts doesn't make one a Clemson fan. UCONN is a lot better than we are and look great in nearly every game. Admitting that doesn't make one a UCONN fan.

giphy.gif

I'm of two minds about this. You're right, if you're thinking about this taking place in reality. If you sit across from the fire pit and say these things to your clemson neighbor/coworker/friend over a couple beers, you'll either be laughed at or given that pitying look that says you're better off being quiet.

But this is a message board. There is a distinct split from reality. On message boards, their library having only coloring books is a great joke, all their women are ugly, everything they do is stupid and every single game they've ever won is from cheating. In that context, making fun of a team that beat us and had a better season fits, just because.

My mistake is confusing these two from time to time. I think you're doing that here too.

Reactions: GreatestCock
I'm of two minds about this. You're right, if you're thinking about this taking place in reality. If you sit across from the fire pit and say these things to your clemson neighbor/coworker/friend over a couple beers, you'll either be laughed at or given that pitying look that says you're better off being quiet.

But this is a message board. There is a distinct split from reality. On message boards, their library having only coloring books is a great joke, all their women are ugly, everything they do is stupid and every single game they've ever won is from cheating. In that context, making fun of a team that beat us and had a better season fits, just because.

My mistake is confusing these two from time to time. I think you're doing that here too.
The issue is, Some Posters on Gamecock Scoop are Praising the taters, That's okay, that is their tater loving prerogative, BUT then to attack me for Hating on them. WOW, WOW go to tater net, They will welcome you (As Steve Perry says) with OPEN ARMS... BYE

If I think a team played well and had a good season, I say it.

Leave it to the children to post the 4th grade stuff - just like some other fans do on their boards. No difference in their mentality.

If I think a team played well and had a good season, I say it.

Leave it to the children to post the 4th grade stuff - just like some other fans do on their boards. No difference in their mentality.
ROFLMAO, name Calling?? (4th graders) LOL< you are so Original.. That is Funny Stuff!! WOW, you just come up with that one?? I have to say, didnt realize ANYONE that disagreed with you was a 4th grader!! Forgive me!!

ROFLMAO, name Calling?? (4th graders) LOL< you are so Original.. That is Funny Stuff!! WOW, you just come up with that one?? I have to say, didnt realize ANYONE that disagreed with you was a 4th grader!! Forgive me!!

Not talking about disagreement.

Talking about the silly stuff- same silly stuff you see on Tigernet- not giving the other team any credit at all, over the top put-downs, etc..

i disagree that the taters had a better season. I’m not a basketball guru. But. Quick google searches

Taters picked to finish 5th in the mighty ACC. They finished. - drum “roll”. They finished 5th.

Gamecocks were picked Last. They finished 3rd
That’s pretty impressive.

Taters were one and done in ACC tournament.
Give them credit. They had a good ncaa tournament run. But fell short against the SEC. Alabama was picked to finish 5th in the SEC. They too finished 5th and are still rolling. So both teams were equal and I believe the taters were favored.

To me - the Gamecock had a better season. There is no moral victories for not winning it all.

Btw. I think the taters now find themselves similar to the situation USC was in a few years back with Coach Martin. No way the Taters can fire Brad. Most likely they will reward him with a raise and extension. Similar to that of Tommy Bowden. Give them 2-3 more years. They will be paying him more money to leave.

To me. This was best ( in my opinion ) and worse case scenario for tiger fans. They are Stuck with him now.

Carry on.

i disagree that the taters had a better season. I’m not a basketball guru. But. Quick google searches

Taters picked to finish 5th in the mighty ACC. They finished. - drum “roll”. They finished 5th.

Give them credit. They had a good ncaa tournament run. But fell short against the SEC. Alabama was picked to finish 5th in the SEC. They too finished 5th and are still rolling. So both teams were equal and I believe the taters were favored.

To me - the Gamecock had a better season. There is no moral victories for not winning it all.

Btw. I think the taters now find themselves similar to the situation USC was in a few years back with Coach Martin. No way the Taters can fire Brad. Most likely they will reward him with a raise and extension. Similar to that of Tommy Bowden. Give them 2-3 more years. They will be paying him more money to leave.

To me. This was best ( in my opinion ) and worse case scenario for tiger fans. They are Stuck with him now.

Carry on.
HOW DARE YOU NOT Brag on the Taters Basketball Team??!!

Carry on.

I can see that reasoning. Compared to expectations, we overachieved, they did not.

I was looking at it as a straight up comparison. They beat us, and went farther. But regardless, the reality vs message board comment doesn't change.

Reactions: GreatestCock

Carry on.

We did better given what was expected of us.

Clemson made the Elite 8. They beat us straight up.

They had the better season. We exceeded our expectations to a greater degree given how low we were picked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT