ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the schedule, and if we play, I'm thinking we'd be lucky to go...

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
6-6.
Of course, 5-7 or 7-5 being possible, depending on how the ball bounces. The way things are going, I suppose 4-8 is a real possibility. But here's hoping for 7-5. Go Cocks!

4-8 is my guess. . And that's if we don't screw the pooch in the ECU game

Reactions: TheReelEss
The defense, in my opinion, is stacked with talent and, thus, should be very good. IF the offense can score 35-38 points/game, we should have a VERY good season, with an EXCELLENT chance to being a national Top 15 team at the end of the season.

Reactions: Tmac069
The defense, in my opinion, is stacked with talent and, thus, should be very good. IF the offense can score 35-38 points/game, we should have a VERY good season, with an EXCELLENT chance to being a national Top 15 team at the end of the season.
I do wish I were as optimistic as you. Yes, on paper our defense looks like it has potential. And we have a new OC. And a QB that will hopefully be healthier, and more experienced. But I still think 7-5 is the ceiling. If Spurrier was at the helm, I would be hoping for more. But I still expect 6-6.

If Spurrier was at the helm, I would be hoping for more. But I still expect 6-6.

On the field coaching has always been the issue regarding Muschamp. I may be in the minority here, BUT: if we have a typical Muschamp season in his 5th season, he will be done, IMHO.

Reactions: Brace1
6-6.
Of course, 5-7 or 7-5 being possible, depending on how the ball bounces. The way things are going, I suppose 4-8 is a real possibility. But here's hoping for 7-5. Go Cocks!
Any team coach by muschamp would say that most years

Any team coach by muschamp would say that most years
I've been a die-hard fan since we played with a "Loaded 38." But my level of excitement right now matches the end of Sparky and Scott's hand at the helm. I sure want to love football again. If we struggle this year, I'm done giving CWM another chance. He's got to finish 7-5, or better, to give this lifelong fan any lingering hope.

Reactions: Brace1 and jonesz21
35 ppg would be the highest scoring offense in program history just as a reference point.

QUOTE="gamecock stock, post: 5175329, member: 1866"]The defense, in my opinion, is stacked with talent and, thus, should be very good. IF the offense can score 35-38 points/game, we should have a VERY good season, with an EXCELLENT chance to being a national Top 15 team at the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

6-6.

I believe both the offense and defense will be better. We managed to beat the, then #2, in the country at their place. So, if we can manage one win over TN, FL, GA , T AM or Clemson we might get to 8 wins. I am convinced our GA win last season was Devine intervention. There is no other explanation. If we win 8 or 7 even, Will will keep his job. A losing season should result in him losing his job. 6 wins, it could go either way. The natives will become real restless at 6. He might see a few moving vans coming to his place. If they keep him with 6 wins, I believe it might be a financial reason. COVID19 might be enough reason to give him another year. 9 wins will probably result in an extended contract.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
There is ZERO reason for Will to get any further contract extensions regardless of record this year. No one is coming for him and if they do so be it. He needs multiple years of positive seasons before any extension is discussed. If tanner does this he needs to be gone immediately

Good news for all the nay sayers...because of the irresponsibility of the majority of Americans all fall sports will be postponed. So we won't have to worry about wins and losses this year. :mad:
I’ve been wearing an astronaut suit since March so don’t blame this on me.

If ANY team scores 35-38 a game, I'd expect they'd be an 8 win team minimum.

35 ppg would be the highest scoring offense in program history just as a reference point.

QUOTE="gamecock stock, post: 5175329, member: 1866"]The defense, in my opinion, is stacked with talent and, thus, should be very good. IF the offense can score 35-38 points/game, we should have a VERY good season, with an EXCELLENT chance to being a national Top 15 team at the end of the season.
[/QUOTE]
As long as we give up half a hundred
I believe both the offense and defense will be better. We managed to beat the, then #2, in the country at their place. So, if we can manage one win over TN, FL, GA , T AM or Clemson we might get to 8 wins. I am convinced our GA win last season was Devine intervention. There is no other explanation. If we win 8 or 7 even, Will will keep his job. A losing season should result in him losing his job. 6 wins, it could go either way. The natives will become real restless at 6. He might see a few moving vans coming to his place. If they keep him with 6 wins, I believe it might be a financial reason. COVID19 might be enough reason to give him another year. 9 wins will probably result in an extended contract.
we could only score 15 on app state. 6 on Texas a and m and 3 on Clemson last year. Unless we have all star fr ready to play we in trouble. Otherwise we have them same players that got trucked by those 3 teams. Don’t expect much of a different result

QUOTE="gamecock stock, post: 5175329, member: 1866"]The defense, in my opinion, is stacked with talent and, thus, should be very good. IF the offense can score 35-38 points/game, we should have a VERY good season, with an EXCELLENT chance to being a national Top 15 team at the end of the season.
[/QUOTE]
But, don't you think in Year 5 of the program, we need to make that "modest" production? The 4 college football participants averaged 48, 46, 43 and 42. The top 17 scoring offenses averaged at least 35 points per game. College football has evolved to an offense-first game. If Carolina is to ever rise above its current state of mediocrity in today's college football, we are going to have to make the leap on the offensive side of the ball. If Muschamp keeps his fingerprints off the offense, I believe we have the personnel to succeed.

Reactions: SlashElectric
There is ZERO reason for Will to get any further contract extensions regardless of record this year. No one is coming for him and if they do so be it. He needs multiple years of positive seasons before any extension is discussed. If tanner does this he needs to be gone immediately

May I give you a reason? Lengths of contracts show recruits and their parents the likelihood of a coach and his staffs longevity. Other schools’ recruiters will eat you for lunch when the recruit thinks their recruiter is leaving. Remember when Spurrier talked about retirement? I think we lost at least five commitments who are now playing in the NFL. So there is at least one more than ZERO.

May I give you a reason? Lengths of contracts show recruits and their parents the likelihood of a coach and his staffs longevity. Other schools’ recruiters will eat you for lunch when the recruit thinks their recruiter is leaving. Remember when Spurrier talked about retirement? I think we lost at least five commitments who are now playing in the NFL. So there is at least one more than ZERO.
Normally, I'd agree. But other recruiters are already eating us for lunch. Muschamp has nothing he can realistically sell to recruits because everyone knows he's a lame duck coach.

8 is possible if:
The D is legit
We can collect 1st downs (Mr. Lloyd)
Hilinski progresses a bit and doesn't have to play hurt in 9 games
We replace our punter

6 sounds more like reality
I don’t think 8 is possible even with your stated ifs occur. We have no WRs, so unless someone comes out of nowhere and establishes themselves as a play maker... Our offense is not going to move the ball.

We will not be playing this year anyway so..

giphy.gif

I agree it was divine intervention. I was being punished for my sins. :(

I don’t think 8 is possible even with your stated ifs occur. We have no WRs, so unless someone comes out of nowhere and establishes themselves as a play maker... Our offense is not going to move the ball.

We will not be playing this year anyway so..
There’s certainly a lot of room for a handful of men to step up and into respective rolls at WR......I have admitted in some previous posts my concerns & Shi becomes our defacto #1, A healthy OTre could validate this, and we may have to play a TE or two in the slot & outside. Vann & Legett are going to get a shot & I like Mike Wyman as new blood. There’s enough guys to do it, just will we have 3or4 reliable go to dudes or are we going to struggle with 1&1/2.

There’s certainly a lot of room for a handful of men to step up and into respective rolls at WR......I have admitted in some previous posts my concerns & Shi becomes our defacto #1, A healthy OTre could validate this, and we may have to play a TE or two in the slot & outside. Vann & Legett are going to get a shot & I like Mike Wyman as new blood. There’s enough guys to do it, just will we have 3or4 reliable go to dudes or are we going to struggle with 1&1/2.

OTre was the one I had hoped coming in would be our next great WR due to his size. Hopefully he can recover quickly. Most of the time folks coming off injury takes about half a year to get back to where you were. Where he was isn’t where we need him to be. We need a true go to that you can throw it up with him covered and he snatches it out of the air

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT