ADVERTISEMENT

Looks Like the Team...

Whoever he is, I wonder what lies did Dumbo told him?

why would ANY out-of-state 5-star recruit want to live in Cow Town for 3-4 years? something just doesn't add up.

Re: Whoever he is, I wonder what lies did Dumbo told him?

Originally posted by rockingamecock:
why would ANY out-of-state 5-star recruit want to live in Cow Town for 3-4 years? something just doesn't add up.
People have been saying that for the last few years, I've said the same thing, but the bottom line is that Clemson knows how to recruit highly ranked talent.

I know that doesn't mean they produce but it's a easier to coach when you have the better players. Clemson only has 1 school that recruits anywhere near the level they do in their conference.

If we want to be a player in the SEC we need to recruit closer to the level of a Georgia, and now Tennessee. Without winning the division you can't even think about playing for a championship. Georgia, Tennesse, and Florida won't stay down much longer.

Afraid we've lost our chance with Spurrier as our head coach.

Don't fret about Clemson. They landed four 5-stars in 2011....Mike Bellamy, Stephone Anthony, Tony Steward and Sammy Watkins. Outside of Sammy Watkins, who really didn't do anything against us, the only thing I remember about the other guys is a picture of Bellamy holding a wad of cash in a gym. I will give them credit for Deshaun Watson who is a good player, but I wouldn't worry too much about Clemson becoming unbeatable with their current coaching staff.

If anything, it just highlights the fact that we can and should improve our recruiting outside the state of South Carolina.

They have a staff full of recruiters that aren't afraid to go after any big fish in any pond. Recruiting is about building relationships and that takes constant effort... G.A. Mangus is the only guy on the Carolina staff who is working his tail off on the recruiting front and getting us in the door for out-of-state studs.

And for the folks who will lazily spew out the tired excuse of "Clemson Cheats!"... take your head out of the sand. Every college football team in America cheats and bends the rules. If you don't realize that you've either not been a college football fan for very long or you are pathetically gullible.

IMO they are great recruiters and live in a county where everyone is all in. That is helpful. But when you look around college football and all of the cheating that goes on, it makes me remember Charley Pell's comment "If you ain't cheatin then you ain't trying"

Anthony and Steward were members of the #1 defense in the country. Anthony has a chance to be drafted late first round, early second. Let's be honest, they get better guys than we do, we just coach better. To the other poster, I agree, we've benefited from Georgia, Tennessee and Florida being down. Unfortunately we didn't capitalize on that. Let's face it, only sport that is elite right now is our Lady cocks. I'm in the minority I'm sure but I love our Lady cocks. I'm just fine with that being our best team. I think we win the East this year. Hoke will produce a top 10 D. Georgia only has Chubb. Florida has a new coach. Tennessee is still one year away. Let's get while the getting is good. Ole Piss and USC for the SEC title game...remember where you heard it.

Originally posted by LCkat:
You goddamn right we still have dabo.....he's your worst nightmare!
vgWf5.AuSt.168.jpeg

clemson, SC > Columbia, SC

It's not that hard to understand and I am a diehard Carolina fan. I would much rather live in the beautiful country than some half assed city infested with homeless people and ghetto thugged out gang members taking over the vista and 5 points that the police or politicians have no intentions of getting rid of.

Originally posted by gamecockjosh:

Don't fret about Clemson. They landed four 5-stars in 2011....Mike Bellamy, Stephone Anthony, Tony Steward and Sammy Watkins. Outside of Sammy Watkins, who really didn't do anything against us, the only thing I remember about the other guys is a picture of Bellamy holding a wad of cash in a gym. I will give them credit for Deshaun Watson who is a good player, but I wouldn't worry too much about Clemson becoming unbeatable with their current coaching staff.

If anything, it just highlights the fact that we can and should improve our recruiting outside the state of South Carolina.
Bellamy was a loser, with a terrible attitude. That is what I remember about him. He got into some kind of trouble didn't he?

Originally posted by TrailerParkBoy:
clemson, SC > Columbia, SC

It's not that hard to understand and I am a diehard Carolina fan. I would much rather live in the beautiful country than some half assed city infested with homeless people and ghetto thugged out gang members taking over the vista and 5 points that the police or politicians have no intentions of getting rid of.
This is truly what they have to offer that we don't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT