ADVERTISEMENT

Looming Crisis At Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a freakin idiot OP! Did you even graduate from highschool? Go ahead and ban me again mods. Been banned for years and it was just lifted. You can't refute anything on this moronic board without being banned. Not a nickels worth of sense among most of the posters and TOTALLY OBSESSED WITH CLEMSON.

Why in this God's World do all of you stupid a$$ quempsum fans think we are obsessed with you bunch of idiots. My gosh, we have beaten your sorry behinds 5 out of the last 6 in football. Our women's basketball program is a national success our men's program is coming along nicely. And oh yeah, our baseball team won two NC in the last 5 years and runners up in that same time period.

Again, I ask the question why in the heck would we be jealous of you freakin taters?

Reactions: SportsSuites1
SS1 the one thing missing here is the politics in our state. The power brokers inside and outside the legislature are not going to allow one program to be substantially weaker than the other. They will figure out a way to level the playing field. It's been that way for a hundred years.

That may have been and probably has been the case in the past but I'm not sure it will in the future. I mean how could the legislators make that happen?

In South Carolina's case you don't get what you paid for.

Well, hell we must look at all of our programs compared to your programs. Women's BB is so much better than quempsums, our baseball teams have won two NC in the last five years, runners up in the same time period, beat you guys in football 5 out of last 6 games. Plus, our men's BB is coming along nicely.

How are we not getting what we pay for?

SportsSuits1 says, "Let's see ... you imply the guy you bashed is dumb, after lecturing him how his ancestors "new" how to gather food he has delivered to a shelf for his convenience.

The you asked "Are trying to eliminate ... "

Given that cool 'clemson' modern lingo did you mean to write "R trying to eliminate" or perhaps "r u trying to eliminate" or maybe "r u trying 2 eliminate".

I'm sure he appreciates your 'history' lesson, scholar ... though it doesn't do much to improve anyone's English.

But thank you!!! The 'clem"

Wow, you can spin things like the best news reporters when they try to re-think or re-phrase what a politician has to say, so that they can stir some controversy, All I was saying was that farming goes a long way back, and is vital to the needs of everyone, even the Carolina fans, so slamming people who live in rural area and are farmers is biting the hand that feeds you.

Secondly, you try to incite some political correctness and spin my thoughts, but you have nothing to say about the posters comments regarding people who live in rural areas and are farmers? I sure hope he or you do not have any currently in your family or ancestry.

You just proved to the entire board that you haven't set foot in Clemson, SC since Reagan was president.
what facilities are better than SC's?.....bingo night at the barn?....plz inform us of what facilities your athletic teams play in are better.....granted, clemson has a beautiful campus head and shoulders above sc's, but as far as athletic facilities youre dreaming, if you think clemsons are better $$$$$$$$

You do realize that the state of South Carolina has two armpits? Myrtle Beach and Columbia

Ask........anyone
you do realize the state of sc also has one asshole......clemson......ask anyone...nevermind no one knows where clemson is anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakecock1
Why in this God's World do all of you stupid a$$ quempsum fans think we are obsessed with you bunch of idiots. My gosh, we have beaten your sorry behinds 5 out of the last 6 in football. Our women's basketball program is a national success our men's program is coming along nicely. And oh yeah, our baseball team won two NC in the last 5 years and runners up in that same time period.

Again, I ask the question why in the heck would we be jealous of you freakin taters?
their on our board and were jealous of them......its one of 2 things, either their jealous or they need to come to a place to talk football with intelligent people....either way doesnt make em look too smart

I would think USC would have as many wealthy alumni as quempsum. I mean Donna Moore and the guy that owns the Texas Houstons ring a bell. Yes, that is only two but I'm sure there are many more out there.

Not many folks in that truly rare-air 'class', Freddie. Not many at all.

Most guys I know well and depend on best (starting with MYSELF) KNOW 'some' pretty well-off fellas but fit more into those guys roles being served champagne by Donna Dean while cruising down the James River towards Norfolk enjoying the view from the fantail of sausage-king and country-music icon Jimmy Dean's 140-foot yacht Big Bad John.

Shooting an early CMT TV show aboard his vessel with old-timers Archie Campbell and Boxcar Willie (I THINK those were his guests) ... while (on camera) and taking a 'sip' of the bubbly Archie inquired out loud "I wonder what the poor people are doing today?!!!"

To which Jimmy didn't miss a lick, cut his eyes towards his guests and panned for the Director: "I don't know what all of 'em are doing, but two of you are having a drink on my boat!"

Dean's $50 million or so wasn't as much as most people THOUGHT he had but he sure proved it was ENOUGH to live life to the very fullest.

Having 'good friends' is often 'bout all the 'extra' you'll ever need to really enjoy yourself when those friends enjoy nothing better in life than having fun while hosting parties and 'short excursions'.

It's amazing what excusing yourself from the table once in a while before the check comes to make sure it NEVER comes often pays in unexpected dividends down the road. I suggest 'that' as a hobby, while leaving the yachts to your friends.

Don't worry, they'll want you to see it up close; and comparatively those 'dinner checks' are an unbelievable bargain!!!

USC2USC says, "Carolina's facilities are currently better then Clempson's and that is just hard to deny. The Farmers assume their rural setting is better simply because thats what they personally prefer. I love Carolina's more urban setting and loved it for the four years I was a student. I would have been bored brainless at Tater U.....as was most all of my high school friends that chose to go there."

Grow up... you get it..."Grow?" Not only do you sound too young to have even entered college, but if you are (or have) then so be it, but when you make idiotic posts like bashing rural areas and farmers, have you tried to figure out what you would eat without them? Yea, I thought so, probably not. Also, way before you, your ancestors were hunter-gatherers who new how to find food without much cultivating or farming, that is not the case today. Are trying to eliminate farming and go back to hunter-gatherering? Just wondering...
I I hate to break it to you pal, but independent farmers don't exist in our country any longer. The conglomerates have taken over the farming in
You just proved to the entire board that you haven't set foot in Clemson, SC since Reagan was president.
Why would he? For that matter, why would anyone? Voluntarily?

You do realize that both are state schools don't you and both receive state money? Time is the great equalizer so we shall see. It must be a tough life being so miserable and full of hate for your rival that you cannot even focus on the positive aspects of your own team.
Or so obsessed with your rival that you go to their site, sign up, create a profile, and read/comment.

USC2USC says, "Carolina's facilities are currently better then Clempson's and that is just hard to deny. The Farmers assume their rural setting is better simply because thats what they personally prefer. I love Carolina's more urban setting and loved it for the four years I was a student. I would have been bored brainless at Tater U.....as was most all of my high school friends that chose to go there."

Grow up... you get it..."Grow?" Not only do you sound too young to have even entered college, but if you are (or have) then so be it, but when you make idiotic posts like bashing rural areas and farmers, have you tried to figure out what you would eat without them? Yea, I thought so, probably not. Also, way before you, your ancestors were hunter-gatherers who new how to find food without much cultivating or farming, that is not the case today. Are trying to eliminate farming and go back to hunter-gatherering? Just wondering...
Newsflash... independent farming was eliminated years ago. Farming is completely controlled by conglomerates. Most independent farmers in this country haven't claimed a profit in years, and only remain in farming for the subsidies.
SportsSuits1 says, "Let's see ... you imply the guy you bashed is dumb, after lecturing him how his ancestors "new" how to gather food he has delivered to a shelf for his convenience.

The you asked "Are trying to eliminate ... "

Given that cool 'clemson' modern lingo did you mean to write "R trying to eliminate" or perhaps "r u trying to eliminate" or maybe "r u trying 2 eliminate".

I'm sure he appreciates your 'history' lesson, scholar ... though it doesn't do much to improve anyone's English.

But thank you!!! The 'clem"

Wow, you can spin things like the best news reporters when they try to re-think or re-phrase what a politician has to say, so that they can stir some controversy, All I was saying was that farming goes a long way back, and is vital to the needs of everyone, even the Carolina fans, so slamming people who live in rural area and are farmers is biting the hand that feeds you.

Secondly, you try to incite some political correctness and spin my thoughts, but you have nothing to say about the posters comments regarding people who live in rural areas and are farmers? I sure hope he or you do not have any currently in your family or ancestry.
Farming is hardly independent anymore. US agriculture is completely controlled by conglomerates.

treetiger ... may I call you tether-ball? Man, you just keep coming around on a fairly level plane to get pounded.

1st - Farmers are tough, AND smart ... and they don't need some late-twenties, skateboarding dropout taking up for 'em ... you ain't Willie Nelson.

2nd - I have dozens of farmers in my gene pool, past and current and we get along famously. I know intuitively they'd look at you contemptuously as some silly ding-bat who thinks Dungeons & Dragons is this century's rendition of Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' yet would still give you free peaches 'cause your color's bad.

The guy you went after was talkin' bout 'hicks' not farmers ... lawd knows we've got a few but ya'll got a crew, in fact numerous crews probably sufficient in size to replace every sailor in the America naval fleet - hicks counted in the TENS of thousands!

You consider a luxury import to be a 'new to you' Hyundai with painted wheels and your choice of 100-mile BBQ ain't even BBQ, its a 'road trip' to Greenwood for a Skin's hot dog (made with mostly pork and mechanically-separated chicken, not beef).

Your solid colored dog is probably named 'spot' and your girlfriend (you're still 'saving') or wife (she's got a GREAT job!) is most-likely 'bout a 6 ... but she's 'your' six.

I LOVE farmers, Gamecocks LOVE farmers ... but tether ball, here's a MEMO - growing weed isn't 'farming' in SC; not yet, anyway. You're not a farmer ... and since you didn't "no" KNEW is spelled with a 'k' you're not a graduate of clemson u., either. Couldn't be. At least I hope not.

Want to BE a better farmer? Call Mark Arena in Anderson with the Clemson Extension Service. Mark's an expert on nuts. I'm sure he can help even you. He actually WENT to college. He's NOT an interloping 'adoptive' clemson fan late to the party who'll vanish like smoke after Thanksgiving week.

Good luck!

Last week there were threads comparing the differences between Clemson and 'Carolina facilities, with many fans on both sides seeming to want to end the dispute by saying 'both have nice facilities'.

Describing facilities as 'assets' could the 'equality' argument be made again? Not honestly it couldn't be.

We may be neighbors with similar houses and otherwise visible trappings of a certain status (our campuses and athletic facilities), some of the same friends (mutual opponents), we frequent many of the same clubs (bowl games), shop in the same stores (recruiting) and are both members of the community's most 'prestigious' social club (Top 25 - although USC is 'temporarily suspended' for not paying its dues).

So, what's the 'difference', if anything? Actually, it's two things ... "liquidity and reserves". Numerically the fan-bases are approximately equal. What's unequal is the proportional value of an individual 'fan' ... basically, the law of 'averages'. Clemson has some enormously successful alumni and a 'few' extremely loyal AND generous alumni - but Clemson also suffers from an inordinately LARGE block of dumb as a brick pay their bills with sticks (firewood sellers) drink Schlitz Malt Liquor for kicks "fans" who if charged with DUI would have to do the 10-days unable to post a $500 bail. Not just tens, scores of thousands of 'em.

Both schools (wisely) borrowed and spent a few hundred million upgrading facilities while rates were so low had they been any lower the bond-issurer's would have been paying them to take the money ... THAT was smart.

What was NOT 'smart' (for Clemson) is their 'balance sheet' is pushing the envelope and all they seem to be attracting with the most successful run in that schools history are uneducated, dis-functional illiterates ... and that won't feed the monkey!!!

The DIFFERENCE in annual 'cash-flow' between the Clemson athletic programs and South Carolina's athletic programs is approximately TWENTY-FIVE MILLION DOLLARS ($25,000,000.00) ... $74 million vs. $98 million and change EVERY YEAR ... and THAT is 'prelude' to CRISIS.

IT WILL GET WORSE!!! The contributions of USC's 'Gamecock Club' already dwarf IPTAY contributions and 'reserves' continue to widen, not just from items as diverse as ticket sales and merchandise royalties but money from conference affiliations (this is a HUGE gap that will only get wider).

I realize a large number of the Clemson trolls on this board still have pimples, thus may not know the name but Clemson is VERY MUCH like Ericsson Electronics in the mid-90's. Betting on the come Ericsson threw money around ($125 million as the 'initial' named-sponsor for Panther stadium) that later evaporated, they over-hired (and over-paid) administrators (Clemson coaching salaries) ... fact is, in 1996 owning an 'Ericsson' phone was possessing the 'Cadillac' of phones ... Motorola and Nokia were WAY back in the pack, while iphones and Android's didn't even exist.

As 'Carolina's financial fortunes improve Clemson's are getting weaker, and while their influx of 'new' rooters may be good for a 'Way ta' GO!' (directed towards a TV screen) the weight of those uneducated, underemployed 'fans' will for a while be just a sea-anchor, but eventually bust loose into dropped chain and fixed-hold ... and when it does it ain't gonna be pretty.

Clemson NEEDS a 'National Championship' - that alone would help 'cure' the recurring cash-flow spread differential for at least ONE year ... but what about 'next year' ... and the year after that?

Nope - it ain't 'even'. It's not even CLOSE. We may be 'neighbors' ... with many of the same interests and friends TODAY ... but 'Carolina's children are all in school and working towards their future rewards, 'Carolina has money saved and a plan for tomorrow. Clemson?

They have a yard-full of cousins that Chevy Chase might call "Eddie" ... good people, YES!!! - but good people who dump their sewers into street-drains nonetheless.

THIS is a GREAT TIME to be a GAMECOCK!!!

what facilities are better than SC's?.....bingo night at the barn?....plz inform us of what facilities your athletic teams play in are better.....granted, clemson has a beautiful campus head and shoulders above sc's, but as far as athletic facilities youre dreaming, if you think clemsons are better $$$$$$$$

You obviously haven't walked into Sikes Hall. If that is nice, I would hate to see bad in Clemson.

I would say football, soccer, golf (the clubhouse and practice facility....... Since neither school has a golf course that's actually owned and used by their golf teams) and heck..... I would say breaking .500 in front of 6,000 fans in a 10,000 seat arena beats playing at .500 in front of 6,000 fans in a 18,000 seat arena all day long. I don't care how nice the facility is. If I were attending a women's basketball game, I would concede it was better.

You obviously haven't walked into Sikes Hall. If that is nice, I would hate to see bad in Clemson.
no pun intended right......."sike/psych"...all their barns look alike......oh by the way, dont dis the mellow mushroom they have some decent pizza, you should try it and they even have barngo

Newsflash... independent farming was eliminated years ago. Farming is completely controlled by conglomerates. Most independent farmers in this country haven't claimed a profit in years, and only remain in farming for the subsidies.

Farming is hardly independent anymore. US agriculture is completely controlled by conglomerates.

You need to take an exit off I-95 some time, and not just to fill up for gas. The farmers along that strip are multi-millionaires. Trust me, when you own over 3,000,000 in farming equipment and another 3-4 million in real estate.......... You're NOT living off government subsidies. Seriously, take an exit......these people are in the top 1% of income earners.

I would say football, soccer, golf (the clubhouse and practice facility....... Since neither school has a golf course that's actually owned and used by their golf teams) and heck..... I would say breaking .500 in front of 6,000 fans in a 10,000 seat arena beats playing at .500 in front of 6,000 fans in a 18,000 seat arena all day long. I don't care how nice the facility is. If I were attending a women's basketball game, I would concede it was better.
what does that have to do with how nice the facilities are, i was talkn about who has the nicer facilities.....i can give u a wash on the football stadium, , but to even mention ure soccer stadium is absurd, ive been there.....stonehenge isnt that old....probably 60% of most high school football stadiums in this state are nicer....u can pitch a 10 man tent on those bleachers....there is no facility that clemson has that is better than SC's, so get used to it, cuz its gonna stay that way for a while....its all about the money and clemson cant keep up.....why do u think trump is the front runner.....oh yeah, cuz hes good at politics

Clemson 'nicer' than 'Carolina? .... HA!!! S7 is right on point with his comment.

Arguable the 'hub' of Clemson - Sikes Hall looks like a small town, county-built WPA-funded all-grade 1-12 multi-purpose school constructed at 'some point' between WWI and WWII ... Clemson has attractive LANDSCAPING but few, if ANY 'historical' buildings possessing much style or architectural-interest.

The building below - Copyright 2003 Clemson University is on the National Register of Historic Places:

sheepbarn.jpg

It's Clemson's 'historic' SHEEP BARN ... 'notable' for its over-sized doors, undersized cupola's, questionable diamond-patterned eve-vent and well-kept yard of swept dirt.

All that thing needs is a couple of used inverted truck-tire planters out by the driveway with cut-rubber points topped with individual egg-shaped styrofoam pockets to resemble tulips and that baby would REALLY scream 'rural'.

They might also hang some colored glass bottles in those magnificent live oaks (excuse me, wrong campus) to ward off evil spirits.

USC has its beautiful and historic 'Horseshoe' - and block after block of wonderful architecture ...while the 'pace' of construction at 'Carolina continues everywhere. Clemson counts among its most attractive structures the old 'laundry'.

Clemson IS adjacent to an extremely attractive lake. So what did they do? Cris-crossed it with bridges that don't clear the water but a few feet so you can't enjoy it. True ENGINEERING marvels!

Those roadway bridges ARE very 'well-built' ... and very poorly conceived. But what should we expect from a university that requires symbols painted on its roadways to assist prospective students how to even locate the place ... many of whom (apparently) can't READ road signs and thus, require 'pictures'

Clemson ... it's not 'old' it's not 'new' - it's akin to a GI Bill 3BR-1Bath 1200 SF w/ a carport FHA 'rancher' that you see set back off back roads all over the South.

Actually, it's a collage of them. More 'attractive' than 'Carolina? In your dreams.

Unfortunately, you're wrong. USC was 36th in MBB attendance last season at 11,520 (women led the country in attendance) and Clemson was 60th at 7,635. This season I bet our women will lead the country again and the men will be in the top 25. How many will you draw in the arena formerly known as the Bi-lo Bonus Card Center?

Reactions: spinrbait
Clemson 'nicer' than 'Carolina? .... HA!!! S7 is right on point with his comment.

Arguable the 'hub' of Clemson - Sikes Hall looks like a small town, county-built WPA-funded all-grade 1-12 multi-purpose school constructed at 'some point' between WWI and WWII ... Clemson has attractive LANDSCAPING but few, if ANY 'historical' buildings possessing much style or architectural-interest.

The building below - Copyright 2003 Clemson University is on the National Register of Historic Places:

sheepbarn.jpg

It's Clemson's 'historic' SHEEP BARN ... 'notable' for its over-sized doors, undersized cupola's, questionable diamond-patterned eve-vent and well-kept yard of swept dirt.

All that thing needs is a couple of used inverted truck-tire planters out by the driveway with cut-rubber points topped with individual egg-shaped styrofoam pockets to resemble tulips and that baby would REALLY scream 'rural'.

They might also hang some colored glass bottles in those magnificent live oaks (excuse me, wrong campus) to ward off evil spirits.

USC has its beautiful and historic 'Horseshoe' - and block after block of wonderful architecture ...while the 'pace' of construction at 'Carolina continues everywhere. Clemson counts among its most attractive structures the old 'laundry'.

Clemson IS adjacent to an extremely attractive lake. So what did they do? Cris-crossed it with bridges that don't clear the water but a few feet so you can't enjoy it. True ENGINEERING marvels!

Those roadway bridges ARE very 'well-built' ... and very poorly conceived. But what should we expect from a university that requires symbols painted on its roadways to assist prospective students how to even locate the place ... many of whom (apparently) can't READ road signs and thus, require 'pictures'

Clemson ... it's not 'old' it's not 'new' - it's akin to a GI Bill 3BR-1Bath 1200 SF w/ a carport FHA 'rancher' that you see set back off back roads all over the South.

Actually, it's a collage of them. More 'attractive' than 'Carolina? In your dreams.

The only thing on CU-east's campus as remotely appealing as the Horseshoe is John C. Calhoun's erstwhile home and yard. The problem is that those people think it's Monticello. It's not and never will be. Meanwhile, we will continue to build state of the art facilities for athletics and make improvements on our campus that they can only dream about. Yes, it's all about money and we will always have more.

what does that have to do with how nice the facilities are, i was talkn about who has the nicer facilities.....i can give u a wash on the football stadium, , but to even mention ure soccer stadium is absurd, ive been there.....stonehenge isnt that old....probably 60% of most high school football stadiums in this state are nicer....u can pitch a 10 man tent on those bleachers....there is no facility that clemson has that is better than SC's, so get used to it, cuz its gonna stay that way for a while....its all about the money and clemson cant keep up.....why do u think trump is the front runner.....oh yeah, cuz hes good at politics

Were you even aware that the soccer facilities were renovated in 2013? or that it was resurfaced two months ago??

I used to be a ball boy for Gamecock soccer games back when Doug Allison was in charge of them. Back when Dreher high school has a better venue for soccer than the Gamecocks. The stadium has come a LONNNNNNG way for sure, but I'd take Riggs over the Graveyard all day long.

Unfortunately, you're wrong. USC was 36th in MBB attendance last season at 11,520 (women led the country in attendance) and Clemson was 60th at 7,635. This season I bet our women will lead the country again and the men will be in the top 25. How many will you draw in the arena formerly known as the Bi-lo Bonus Card Center?

OH..... you wanted to count tickets distributed. I thought we were talking about actual butts in the seats.

Were you even aware that the soccer facilities were renovated in 2013? or that it was resurfaced two months ago??

I used to be a ball boy for Gamecock soccer games back when Doug Allison was in charge of them. Back when Dreher high school has a better venue for soccer than the Gamecocks. The stadium has come a LONNNNNNG way for sure, but I'd take Riggs over the Graveyard all day long.
i havent seen any difference on the home side.....they did renovate the visiting teams side

My answer to the Tater scolding our guy for joking about the sodbusters of Clemson, the biggest subsidized industry in American History have been the farmers, how many years did they pocket tax payers money for not even working, soil bank being a great example. If all the Clemson farmers quit farming we have enough Carolina farmers (probably as many or more than Tillman) to get along just fine. I am now retired but was a businessman all my life and would love to have been offered the deals the farmers got.
As for facilities , Carolina has more of them and much better venues than Clemson and the gap is fixing to really get wider. No way an ACC program like Clemson can match a program on the rise in all sports and facilities like USC. No matter how hard they try, the Sheep Humpers will always play second fiddle to us as time marches on.
We can look forward to starting our new victory string over the hapless Taters at Willy B this year , then we have the pleasure of watching Dawn Staley and Frank Martins basketball teams totally destroy them followed by continued domination in baseball played in the number one college baseball stadium in the USA.

It's great to be a Gamecock and nothing sucks like a big Orange.

Reactions: BigTomE
My answer to the Tater scolding our guy for joking about the sodbusters of Clemson, the biggest subsidized industry in American History have been the farmers, how many years did they pocket tax payers money for not even working, soil bank being a great example. If all the Clemson farmers quit farming we have enough Carolina farmers (probably as many or more than Tillman) to get along just fine. I am now retired but was a businessman all my life and would love to have been offered the deals the farmers got.
As for facilities , Carolina has more of them and much better venues than Clemson and the gap is fixing to really get wider. No way an ACC program like Clemson can match a program on the rise in all sports and facilities like USC. No matter how hard they try, the Sheep Humpers will always play second fiddle to us as time marches on.
We can look forward to starting our new victory string over the hapless Taters at Willy B this year , then we have the pleasure of watching Dawn Staley and Frank Martins basketball teams totally destroy them followed by continued domination in baseball played in the number one college baseball stadium in the USA.

It's great to be a Gamecock and nothing sucks like a big Orange.

For now, I would focus on beating the Tarholes who actually had a defense ranked worse than yours last year. Then start thinking about starting another streak.

Reactions: jblanken64
Not to mention that Clemson's athletic department turned a 9.7 million dollar profit last year. I suspect we will be fine, despite Sweet's contention to the contrary. When S.car pays off the debt load it has carried for 20 years, then we can talk.

Reactions: jblanken64
HA! Hey, legal-eagle ... you need to read the footnotes!!!

#1 - the (paper) 'profit' was $9.2MM not $9.7

#2 - $4.4MM of your 'reported' '13-'14 Athletic Department revenue (closing June 30, 2014) was DIRECT INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT - i.e., LOAN TRANSFERS from the university to prop up your non-cash flowing sports programs across all venues while waiting for the 'check's in the mail' ... which, wasn't charged against 'expenses' ... thus will need to be 'restated' in the '14-'15 report once (when/IF) your struggling sports program pays it back.

#3 - Athlete 'expenses' for ALL sports was a tad over $13 million - that's what you spent on PLAYERS (a few hundred of them)

#4 -COACHES SALARIES & BENEFITS were a tad over $15 (FIFTEEN!!!) million - about 'two dozen' of them.

Your crazy program spent more on a few COACHES than you did on EVERY student/athlete FOR EVERY SPORT at the entire university. GOOD GRIEF!!!

Did they send a 'memo' to all the "I Pay TWENTY a Year" IPTAY members to inform them it takes 15,000 of those $20-buck contributions to pay the $300,000 salary for the IPTAY 'Director'? GOOD GRIEF!!!

Clemson is in loony land, and you're playing in the same garden with them if you think clemson even came CLOSE to netting $10 mil last year ... when the university 'co-mingles' it's cash accounts and 'advances' cash to the sports programs without securing 'debt instruments' accounting practices PERMIT the exclusion of listing those amounts as 'debt'.

It's like loaning your son the car for his date AND giving him $30-bucks to buy the pizza AND pay for the movies. MAYBE he'll 'cut the grass' to pay you back ... MAYBE he WON'T.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
OH..... you wanted to count tickets distributed. I thought we were talking about actual butts in the seats.

So I guess you're suggesting the concrete at the Graveyard for the home stands is of higher quality?? lol...... Obviously this is just an opinion and there's no right or wrong answer. A big part of Clemson's facilities for me that makes it different is the fact that they are right there on campus, surrounded by daily campus activity. As you know the back of the Riggs field comes up against the fraternity quad. I think fraternity houses at USC are awesome in their own right, but I just don't get a sense of "campus" whatsoever. I know the Graveyards is close to Bates West (I think that's the one?), but it's not really in the heart of campus, neither is the football stadium, neither is the baseball stadium. I wouldn't think you would value this kind of thing the way Clemson folks do. It kind of like...... if you've never had, then you don't really know what you're missing, so you don't value it.

HA! Hey, legal-eagle ... you need to read the footnotes!!!

#1 - the (paper) 'profit' was $9.2MM not $9.7

#2 - $4.4MM of your 'reported' '13-'14 Athletic Department revenue (closing June 30, 2014) was DIRECT INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT - i.e., LOAN TRANSFERS from the university to prop up your non-cash flowing sports programs across all venues while waiting for the 'check's in the mail' ... which, wasn't charged against 'expenses' ... thus will need to be 'restated' in the '14-'15 report once (when/IF) your struggling sports program pays it back.

#3 - Athlete 'expenses' for ALL sports was a tad over $13 million - that's what you spent on PLAYERS (a few hundred of them)

#4 -COACHES SALARIES & BENEFITS were a tad over $15 (FIFTEEN!!!) million - about 'two dozen' of them.

Your crazy program spent more on a few COACHES than you did on EVERY student/athlete FOR EVERY SPORT at the entire university. GOOD GRIEF!!!

Did they send a 'memo' to all the "I Pay TWENTY a Year" IPTAY members to inform them it takes 15,000 of those $20-buck contributions to pay the $300,000 salary for the IPTAY 'Director'? GOOD GRIEF!!!

Clemson is in loony land, and you're playing in the same garden with them if you think clemson even came CLOSE to netting $10 mil last year ... when the university 'co-mingles' it's cash accounts and 'advances' cash to the sports programs without securing 'debt instruments' accounting practices PERMIT the exclusion of listing those amounts as 'debt'.

It's like loaning your son the car for his date AND giving him $30-bucks to buy the pizza AND pay for the movies. MAYBE he'll 'cut the grass' to pay you back ... MAYBE he WON'T.

You are a lot of fun. Since we are talking apples to apples:

Profit was $9.325MM not $9.2MM

S.Car's Revenue included $3MM in Direct Institutional Support, that can be many things other than loan transfers. I assume there are "debt instruments" for that $3MM?

Using your definition of "Athlete Expenses for All Sports": S.Car's was $12.4MM

COACHES SALARIES & BENEFITS: S.Car's was $18.2MM GOOD GRIEF INDEED!!!

Any idea what comprises "Other Operating Revenues" at S.Car?

Davis Babb makes $250,000/yr (unless he got a raise this year). Is $69K Patrick McFarland's total compensation as Exec Director of the G'cock Club? If so, after 7 years on the job and raising almost $14MM this year, that guy deserves a raise!

Interesting stuff...

You are a lot of fun. Since we are talking apples to apples:

Profit was $9.325MM not $9.2MM

S.Car's Revenue included $3MM in Direct Institutional Support, that can be many things other than loan transfers. I assume there are "debt instruments" for that $3MM?

Using your definition of "Athlete Expenses for All Sports": S.Car's was $12.4MM

COACHES SALARIES & BENEFITS: S.Car's was $18.2MM GOOD GRIEF INDEED!!!

Any idea what comprises "Other Operating Revenues" at S.Car?

Davis Babb makes $250,000/yr (unless he got a raise this year). Is $69K Patrick McFarland's total compensation as Exec Director of the G'cock Club? If so, after 7 years on the job and raising almost $14MM this year, that guy deserves a raise!

Interesting stuff...

" ... You are a lot of fun."

That's what SHE said!

And you're either an old codger or an out of work barrister.

If you're still working and 'qualified' in the 4th Circuit the next time you're in Richmond sneak over to the 'Pasture' on E. Grace for lunch - it appears to be rising in favor with some of the Judges likely to be saying grace over your arguments.

Ain't nothing wrong with a little 'ex parte' if it's entirely by 'accident'. Pasture's pimento cheese is exceptional.

Interesting that after LegalTiger wrote the school by school monetary breakdowns that SportsSuites just decided to insult him rather than address the facts just stated.

Interesting that after LegalTiger wrote the school by school monetary breakdowns that SportsSuites just decided to insult him rather than address the facts just stated.

Where's the insult?
I gave him a 'tip' that could win him a wad if he gets lucky ... you came off the bench for that? What 'fact(s)' are you alluding to? That 'Carolina's' Gamecock director draws $69k while your guy is paid $300K to do less? Is that the 'fact' you're talking about?

Well, here are some FACTS after shifting through all the BS 'accounting' and non-reporting as researched by USA Today from figures provided by Clemson to the federal government and the NCAA:

Clemson reported total athletic revenues of $74,793,322 in 2014, the 39th highest figure among the 230 NCAA Division I schools included in the USA TODAY compilation. It is the highest figure reported for Clemson through the last 10 years and approximately $4.8 million more than the previous high set in 2012.

Clemson reported total expenses of $73.5 million, including $29.96 million on coaches and staff and $13 million on scholarships.

Clemson enjoyed $19.3 million in contributions, a $5.3 million increase from the previous year. Neff attributed that surge to IPTAY. Clemson received more than $15 million in contributions in only one of the previous nine years.

Does THAT look like a nearly $10 million 'profit' to you? More like $1 million - BARELY.

In the same story clemson's student body PRESIDENT stated tiger student's were ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to ANY initiation of a 'student athletic fee' .. in effect REFUSING to 'support' tiger-teams with MONEY. Carolina students pay $104 annually - but also get 12,000 FREE tickets to football games.

Clemson students have to BUY TICKETS ... which is a HUGE PART of clemson's 'revenue stream'. 'Carolina leaves $3+ million 'net' 'on the table' and GIVES IT back to its students as free admission.

You DO NOT WANT to 'compare' clemson's $74 million RECORD REVENUE with SC's $106 million projected 2015 revenue (SEC members will get an extra $7.5MM EACH from the conference this year).

DROP two in a row AT HOME to Notre Dame and GA Tech and see what 'happens' to those 'loyal' fans.
'Carolina fans are HERE thick and thin. We still squeaked out a BETTER YEAR than clemson when we were 0-11 way back in '99!!!

You barely break even, even when 'setting' revenue records. You're the 3rd, 4th or 5th best football program in a BASKETBALL conference.

We'll be somewhere between 8th and 10th place in SEC conference member revenues and STILL BEAT clemson by $30+ million bucks!!! IF clemson played in the SEC you'd have to leave on Wednesday in BUSSES and then SLEEP on 'em to play Texas A&M on a Saturday!!!

Po-Dunk is po!!! Live with it.

Reactions: BigTomE
Where's the insult? I gave him a 'tip' that could win him a wad if he gets lucky ... you came off the bench for that? What 'fact(s)' are you alluding to? That 'Carolina's' Gamecock director draws $69k while your guy is paid $300K to do less? Is that the 'fact' you're talking about?

Well, here are some FACTS after shifting through all the BS 'accounting' and non-reporting as researched by USA Today from figures provided by Clemson to the federal government and the NCAA:

Clemson reported total athletic revenues of $74,793,322 in 2014, the 39th highest figure among the 230 NCAA Division I schools included in the USA TODAY compilation. It is the highest figure reported for Clemson through the last 10 years and approximately $4.8 million more than the previous high set in 2012.

Clemson reported total expenses of $73.5 million, including $29.96 million on coaches and staff and $13 million on scholarships.

Clemson enjoyed $19.3 million in contributions, a $5.3 million increase from the previous year. Neff attributed that surge to IPTAY. Clemson received more than $15 million in contributions in only one of the previous nine years.

Does THAT look like a nearly $10 million 'profit' to you? More like $1 million - BARELY.

In the same story clemson's student body PRESIDENT stated tiger student's were ADAMANTLY OPPOSED to ANY initiation of a 'student athletic fee' .. in effect REFUSING to 'support' tiger-teams with MONEY. Carolina students pay $104 annually - but also get 12,000 FREE tickets to football games.

Clemson students have to BUY TICKETS ... which is a HUGE PART of clemson's 'revenue stream'. 'Carolina leaves $3+ million 'net' 'on the table' and GIVES IT back to its students as free admission.

You DO NOT WANT to 'compare' clemson's $74 million RECORD REVENUE with SC's $106 million projected 2015 revenue (SEC members will get an extra $7.5MM EACH from the conference this year).

DROP two in a row AT HOME to Notre Dame and GA Tech and see what 'happens' to those 'loyal' fans.
'Carolina fans are HERE thick and thin. We still squeaked out a BETTER YEAR than clemson when we were 0-11 way back in '99!!!

You barely break even, even when 'setting' revenue records. You're the 3rd, 4th or 5th best football program in a BASKETBALL conference.

We'll be somewhere between 8th and 10th place in SEC conference member revenues and STILL BEAT clemson by $30+ million bucks!!! IF clemson played in the SEC you'd have to leave on Wednesday in BUSSES and then SLEEP on 'em to play Texas A&M on a Saturday!!!

Po-Dunk is po!!! Live with it.
There is so much false info here it actually gave me a headache.

Reactions: Dustabus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT