ADVERTISEMENT

Loosing a good friend today

I'm sorry for your potential loss. Hope the Good Lord steps in. My cousin, in his fifties just tested positive yesterday but seems to be doing ok with it. My youngest daughter is sick and was tested yesterday but we haven't gotten the results yet. I was exposed a few weeks ago but tested negative. This thing is getting worse. Hope the vaccine is available soon and will stop it and have no bad side effects.

Sorry for your bad news.
So far I've had 2 real close friends who had to be hospitalized, one 5 days the other 10 days. Now my next door neighbor is in the hospital for his second time. Respiratory issues. Those are the worst cases, my step son tested positive last month, had fever and severe fatigue, but he's in his 30's so realtiverly young.

Hey everybody, stay safe out there, wear you mask and social distance. This is really serious stuff.

No rhyme or reason to this damn crap (COVID)??? One person gets it and has no clue they have it, next person gets it, and is on deaths door? Has to be some unknowns as to how this occurs?

OP, sorry for your loss. I posted Sunday about a friend of mine, 60 years old, good health, not overweight at all. Tested positive, worsened, hospitalized, moved to ICU/placed on a ventilator, passed away shortly after Thanksgiving...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news-- that a close friend of yours may be taken away by this pandemic. May God deliver us from this COVID-19 pestilence!
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence." (Psalm 91:1-3).

To covid19 unless god intervenes. The family is meeting doctors today to have life support turned off.
So very sorry to hear.

If you don’t mind me asking, we’re any forms of treatment offered or given? The reason I ask is that no one ever mentions this; I’ve posted twice on here now about my friend, severely overweight, to call him sedentary is an understatement, has been hospitalized in serious condition with blood infections and leg infections numerous times over the past 20-25 years, was on a ventilator back in August-September with covid for three weeks, they had told his wife to say goodbye. One of his doctors insisted on what they called “the Trump treatment”, antibodies and zinc, and he was released from the hospital three days later. He’s in physical therapy still, just getting to where he can walk, but he’s not in the ground. If there was anyone who fit the description of “high risk”, it was this guy.

Just curious, not trying to downplay. I keep seeing people on here say they have six people in their life that have died from it etc, and yet although I’m retired, my wife works as a director with a decent size school district with thousands of employees and since this whole thing started there has been ONE death attributed to covid among all these people, and that was an elderly husband of one of the employees back about six months ago. He remains the only one we personally know of, and I can count on one hand the number of people I know that have had it and showed symptoms, and two of those were my wife and I.

Again, not looking to quarrel; just curious.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
So very sorry to hear.

If you don’t mind me asking, we’re any forms of treatment offered or given? The reason I ask is that no one ever mentions this; I’ve posted twice on here now about my friend, severely overweight, to call him sedentary is an understatement, has been hospitalized in serious condition with blood infections and leg infections numerous times over the past 20-25 years, was on a ventilator back in August-September with covid for three weeks, they had told his wife to say goodbye. One of his doctors insisted on what they called “the Trump treatment”, antibodies and zinc, and he was released from the hospital three days later. He’s in physical therapy still, just getting to where he can walk, but he’s not in the ground. If there was anyone who fit the description of “high risk”, it was this guy.

Just curious, not trying to downplay. I keep seeing people on here say they have six people in their life that have died from it etc, and yet although I’m retired, my wife works as a director with a decent size school district with thousands of employees and since this whole thing started there has been ONE death attributed to covid among all these people, and that was an elderly husband of one of the employees back about six months ago. He remains the only one we personally know of, and I can count on one hand the number of people I know that have had it and showed symptoms, and two of those were my wife and I.

I know you aren’t trying to cause any issue but the fact you repeated that anxiety shows you know you shouldn’t be digging, the poster is hurting and is trying to reach out for support. Asking them to dig into the details is a pretty selfish inquiry and definitely not the time

So very sorry to hear.

You just asked a logical question; do not let anyone try make you feel bad.

So very sorry man, hopefully a miracle comes your way. Also lost my father in law to it in September, he was 84, but in overall good shape, still push-mowed his grass. Got pneumonia, then blood clots in his lungs from it.

Statistics.

So very sorry to hear.

So very sorry to hear.

I've wondered the same thing. As someone mentioned above this has been a pandemic unlike any this world has seen, at least in the last 100 years.

It makes no sense that 90 and 100 year old people can survive and much younger people die of Covid-19. Once this disease has left our planet we should have a world wide celebration.

So very sorry to hear.

He’s healthy he walks 18 holes a golf drinks cold beer maybe few pounds over weight. Works 10 hour days so that’s really all I know

So very sorry man, hopefully a miracle comes your way. Also lost my father in law to it in September, he was 84, but in overall good shape, still push-mowed his grass. Got pneumonia, then blood clots in his lungs from it.
Yep that’s what my friend has blood clots on his lungs now turned to pneumonia and kidneys shutting down

• Sad
Reactions: heelzfor2
It's an indiscriminate killer as my 87 year old relative with blood cancer somehow survived after 6 weeks in ICU.

It must depend on the viral load an individual receives.

Reactions: heelzfor2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT