ADVERTISEMENT

Losing Interest

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
in the baseball season because I can't watch them on TV. Yeah, I know, I could just add SEC+ to my package and see more games but it comes to the place where you just get fed up with having to keep spending more and more money for somethings you simply can live without. Been a Gamecock Scholarship donor since the 60's and a loyal Gamecock all my life. Seems us fans deserve better than we are getting. Best baseball rivalry in the country wasn't ever televised. If all I have is seeing one minute highlites on local sports shows, it tends to cause me to lose interest. Anyone else feel the same way?

I’ve lost interest in all college sports. But, it’s because I am simply busier with my work and family life.

I forgot we even had a baseball game on last night. I was busy with a family dinner.

I can watch on the Watch ESPN app when I feel like it, which is not often.

^^^
It's all about personal priorities. Sure I enjoy the diversion that sports provide from everyday life, but family, friends and work (in that order) take priority over everything else.

Reactions: legalsizecock
in the baseball season because I can't watch them on TV. Yeah, I know, I could just add SEC+ to my package and see more games but it comes to the place where you just get fed up with having to keep spending more and more money for somethings you simply can live without. Been a Gamecock Scholarship donor since the 60's and a loyal Gamecock all my life. Seems us fans deserve better than we are getting. Best baseball rivalry in the country wasn't ever televised. If all I have is seeing one minute highlites on local sports shows, it tends to cause me to lose interest. Anyone else feel the same way?
I agree, but interest will pick back up against the SEC teams.

Normally if you have the SEC Network, you can stream SEC+ and watch ESPN for no additional charge.

This rant doesn’t make sense to me. We are living in the best time ever for being able to watch Gamecock sports. Even obscure sports are streamed. Just because you can’t pick it up on your antenna, doesn’t mean it is not available. Time to learn how to stream in 2018 man.

If money is the problem for you, cut the cord and pay $25 a month for SlingTV. You’ll get everything Gamecock fan could ever want. I just moved to YouTube TV for $35 after 3 years with Sling bc it offers a few more channels and seems to have a better interface.

Streaming aside, I don't recall there ever being any games on TV as long as basketball season is still in progress.
That said, a smart phone with watchespn and a $35 Chromecast to the TV gives me awesome picture. From here on out though, the neutral site USC/CU game must be bid to include a stream. No excuse not to have access to that game.

Normally if you have the SEC Network, you can stream SEC+ and watch ESPN for no additional charge.

This rant doesn’t make sense to me. We are living in the best time ever for being able to watch Gamecock sports. Even obscure sports are streamed. Just because you can’t pick it up on your antenna, doesn’t mean it is not available. Time to learn how to stream in 2018 man.

If money is the problem for you, cut the cord and pay $25 a month for SlingTV. You’ll get everything Gamecock fan could ever want. I just moved to YouTube TV for $35 after 3 years with Sling bc it offers a few more channels and seems to have a better interface.
With my other contributions, no ,money not the problem so much as all give and minimal receive.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
If you want to watch softball the SEC network has you covered. That's all they play these days.

So right! Every football game, every basketball game, and nearly every baseball game is televised either free or through regular cable/internet access.
I cut the cord 2 years ago. Now I just pay for internet/WiFi access and $27 for slingtv. Bought a hi-def antennae for $35 and am amazed at the picture it provides.
Seriously, it sounds like the OP is just looking for something to complain about. We can watch almost everything imaginable for next to nothing.

I’ve lost interest in all college sports. But, it’s because I am simply busier with my work and family life.

I forgot we even had a baseball game on last night. I was busy with a family dinner.

I can watch on the Watch ESPN app when I feel like it, which is not often.
I'm the same way Roller. I watched Marcus Lattimore blow his knee out against Tennessee and then an hour later at my tailgate I found out my Mom had terminal cancer. We all need a little perspective.

Thanks for sharing. NOT

well uknow what they say, next thing 2 go ain't yer eyesight

It’s a different time young man a different time.

I'm the same way Roller. I watched Marcus Lattimore blow his knee out against Tennessee and then an hour later at my tailgate I found out my Mom had terminal cancer. We all need a little perspective.

I respect you both and enjoy your being Human. In my case I can’t stand most TV in general but where a large portion of who I am is attributed to my university and my heart always being with the Gamecocks they are my favorite TV & live experience I’m willing to give time to.

I'll probably start looking for some baseball games once SEC play starts, but, dang, a man's gotta have a break from watching sports on TV sometimes. I've got some projects to finish around the house and a season ski pass that needs to pay for itself before I jump full-bore into baseball.

Reactions: mavcock
So right! Every football game, every basketball game, and nearly every baseball game is televised either free or through regular cable/internet access.
I cut the cord 2 years ago. Now I just pay for internet/WiFi access and $27 for slingtv. Bought a hi-def antennae for $35 and am amazed at the picture it provides.
Seriously, it sounds like the OP is just looking for something to complain about. We can watch almost everything imaginable for next to nothing.
There's no such thing as a "hi-def" antenna. That's a marketing ploy. Antennae work regardless of whether the tv signal is analogue or digital, sd or hd. Today's antennae for the most part are optimized for the frequency range UHF channels 14-51, where most tv stations broadcast.

Agreed about the OP. If not a smart tv, get a streaming device of some sort. You'll have access to view more Gamecock sports than any time in history.

Could care less about college basketball and baseball games whether it be the Gamecocks or any other professionl team. There are just way too many games to keep track of. Don’t get me wrong. I will always root for the Gamecocks through thick and thin. But at my middle age, I have more other personal pursuits to tend to. Knowing your life clock is ticking fast makes one pay less attention to sports in general.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

You've been following the Gamecocks since the 60s and you're upset now because you're having trouble finding them on TV? They weren't even on the radio on a regular basis until the 21st century

https://www.google.com/search?q=tha...d=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=yYjywNXx5tEJaM:

As others have stated, and has been the case since the implementation of the SEC Network, if your provider carries SEC Network, and you can access the WatchESPN app with your provider login, SECN+ doesn't cost anything extra. SECN+ is not a new feature. This sounds more like complaining about something just to complain.

Have you tried going to a game and watching in real living color. It's fun to be at the ball park.

Could care less about college basketball and baseball games whether it be the Gamecocks or any other professionl team. There are just way too many games to keep track of. Don’t get me wrong. I will always root for the Gamecocks through thick and thin. But at my middle age, I have more other personal pursuits to tend to. Knowing your life clock is ticking fast makes one pay less attention to sports in general.
Well, many people care about basketball and baseball. I'm sorry you missed some very exciting College World Series National championships by the Gamecocks and the Final 4 by both teams last year in basketball. By the way the women won the National Championship. You better run along now and not waste your time on here.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs

I love the Mason Jar in Manhattan

Perhaps those national championship trophies in the sport referred to as our national pastime, are just glorified paper weights. They kinda felt relevant at the time, but maybe I was over reacting.
Don't mean to hurt your feelings, but they are. There's a reason why college baseball offers only partial scholarships. There's a reason college baseball stadiums are small when compared to football stadiums and basketball arenas. There's a reason college baseball coaches are paid peanuts when compared to football and basketball. This board represents the most rabid of the fanbase, and even here baseball is not nearly as popular football and basketball. That's just the way it is and always will be. Generally, the best baseball players go straight to the pros. College baseball is diluted. Who hops in their car and drives to a sports bar to watch a regular season college baseball game between 2 teams not from SC? Not many, if any. Tons of people do it for football and basketball all the time.

Reactions: Heyward1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT