ADVERTISEMENT

LOST OL IN PRACTICE

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Saw it being reported that Cody Waldrop was lost today to a broken leg... Most likely for the season. What is going on in our practices where we have had two broken legs and a torn ACL in less than a week?

just saw that reported on WIS. hate it for cody. any ideas who moves up to backup slot?

Think the practices are being more physical. Some on here have complained we haven't been physical enough in practice. Think the coaches have ramped it up to make us a tougher football team. Think the offensive line has a chance to be one of the best if not the best in the Spurrier era. Played well Thursday night and helped us gain over 250 yards on the ground.

Hate to see that for Waldrop. The young man has had injury problems since he got here. Alan Knott played every snap against UNC...so maybe today at practice...the backups got most of the reps and he got hurt. I don't know. As long as we can keep the group we have fairly healthy the rest of the way...think we have a chance to only get better on the offensive side of the ball. Heard Pellage and Bailey have been very impressive freshmen. Go Cocks!!

Last edited:
Brock also had surgery and fell behind the rest of the group. I recall SOS saying in a post-practice interview that maybe Brock should look for a place where he can play because he was behind in his training and it would be difficult to catch up.

Thank goodness we took 5-6 OL the last several years. Being in Summerville, I can tell you Zach is in beast mode 24/7.
We can survive this.

Reactions: debordieu cock
Saw it being reported that Cody Waldrop was lost today to a broken leg... Most likely for the season. What is going on in our practices where we have had two broken legs and a torn ACL in less than a week?

It hurts but practice soft, play soft. I just hope our players don't ever take that extra oomph in a hit when it isn't necessary in practice.

Reactions: pepsicock
Think the practices are being more physical. Some on here have complained we haven't been physical enough in practice. Think the coaches have ramped it up to make us a tougher football team. Think the offensive line has a chance to be one of the best if not the best in the Spurrier era. Played well Thursday night and helped us gain over 250 yards on the ground.

Hate to see that for Waldrop. The young man has had injury problems since he got here. Alan Knott played every snap against UNC...so maybe today at practice...the backups got most of the reps and he got hurt. I don't know. As long as we can keep the group we have fairly healthy the rest of the way...think we have a chance to only get better on the offensive side of the ball. Heard Pellage and Bailey have been very impressive freshmen. Go Cocks!!
Saw the SEC Network review each school and they all have some physical practices, including tackling. I know it is a risk but so is being "whipped" physically. Thought the defense looked more physical than last year, for sure.

That is not good.....the most experienced backup. Who will be the backup center? Cody could ply both guard positions and center. Was the one guy guy I thought needed to stay health because of his versatility and the inevitability of line injuries.

I think we will be fine. It will be up to our QB and RBs to make life a little easier on them as the season progresses...

And injuries are a part of football. I'm pretty sure the coaches recruit every year for this specific eventuality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT