ADVERTISEMENT

Lou Holtz

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
Throws out Fuente's name very quick as the one he'd hire. Also, with his quotes, he pretty much insinuates no to Herman.

Grain of salt.....

d4959a9ee9cfe5260b8d430bda7c33b2.jpg

It would be nice to hire a coach where his age is not discussed. I'd like to see a young coach because in todays football you have to be able to relate to these 17-23 year old players. They gotta have the loud jam bumping etc. No fun = no wins.

Throws out Fuente's name very quick as the one he'd hire. Also, with his quotes, he pretty much insinuates no to Herman.

Grain of salt.....

Why no to Herman? Did he say? Herman is part of the Lou Holtz coaching tree, via Urban Meyer.

Why no to Herman? Did he say? Herman is part of the Lou Holtz coaching tree, via Urban Meyer.

He did not say "no" to Herman. He simply said that hiring a young coach based on Fuente's accomplishments (being there several years to build it up) is a better decision than hiring the hot young coach that's only done it 1 year. Pretty much looked like he was warning against Herman to me.

He did not say "no" to Herman. He simply said that hiring a young coach based on Fuente's accomplishments (being there several years to build it up) is a better decision than hiring the hot young coach that's only done it 1 year. Pretty much looked like he was warning against Herman to me.

Agreed! I think it was a FWIW statement but he makes a compelling point!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT