ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Pitcher Got What He Deserved - A Loss

Feel free to step off your high horse and take the class with him.
It's not being on a high horse to expect a kid on National TV to act like the worlds not watching him acting like he just left a honky tonk. Maybe it's you who needs a class of what is decent and respectable if you condone that kind of uncouth response from a kid who is looked up to by younger kids. It's Smith who needs to climb down from his high horse....no wait Vandy has already KNOCKED him off his.RollLaugh

Reactions: cockofdawn
The kid lost the elimination game and now his team is home watching the CWS from the couch. He’s got a year to think about it. What else is he supposed to do? Put soap in his mouth for a week straight or run stadium steps until he passes out? Vandy got the win and moved on. Doubt they’re discussing it as much as we are.
Matter of opinion if they are still discussing it but I don't think Louisville has heard the last of it. This is the CWS and no place to embarrass your team or family on national TV the players should act like they deserve the honor of playing. JMO

Last edited:
The kid lost the elimination game and now his team is home watching the CWS from the couch. He’s got a year to think about it. What else is he supposed to do? Put soap in his mouth for a week straight or run stadium steps until he passes out? Vandy got the win and moved on. Doubt they’re discussing it as much as we are.
That's because what have we got to talk about right now, baseball-wise?

I don't really have any problem with showboating a little (pitchers getting pumped up, bat flips as long as they aren't outrageous, watching home runs) but what the Louisville pitcher did and said is just uncalled for. I'd hope if he had to bat he would have gotten one in his earhole.

Reactions: luv2hear2001
I don't really have any problem with showboating a little (pitchers getting pumped up, bat flips as long as they aren't outrageous, watching home runs) but what the Louisville pitcher did and said is just uncalled for. I'd hope if he had to bat he would have gotten one in his earhole.
Trash talk from a trash school.

Would have no problem with an emotional release at that point. Happens all the time. Cussing the opposing players out is uncalled for. It might be one thing if the opposing player had been talking trash to him earlier in the game, but that's not the case. As noted above, I think the best way to celebrate is to act like it's no big deal.

I always thought it was far more cold-blooded for a pitcher to just immediately turn and walk off the mound after big K with no emotion his face.

Reactions: jimnasium
Would have no problem with an emotional release at that point. Happens all the time. Cussing the opposing players out is uncalled for. It might be one thing if the opposing player had been talking trash to him earlier in the game, but that's not the case. As noted above, I think the best way to celebrate is to act like it's no big deal.

I always thought it was far more cold-blooded for a pitcher to just immediately turn and walk off the mound after big K with no emotion his face.
100% agree a good pitcher should act like he's been there before.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT