ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville removing Papa Johns. Clemson?

Look I hate clemson as much as the next person but this is a complete over reaction of what he said. It’s been completely taken out of context. No wonder papa johns stock has risen in the last couple days. The one by my house had been busy as all get out.

That moment when Teddy realizes Pitchfork has been invited to dine at his table....
tillman_regrets.jpg

Look I hate clemson as much as the next person but this is a complete over reaction of what he said. It’s been completely taken out of context. No wonder papa johns stock has risen in the last couple days. The one by my house had been busy as all get out.

Stock has risen because Papa John stepped down.
Your spin-doctoring is hilarious.

I’ve always felt Papa Johns was the best of the chains (Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar’s, etc...). Always seemed to have better ingredients, better pizza, Papa Johns...I have had recent conversations and realized there is a pretty clear divide on folks who feel as I do and people that think it’s the worst pizza out there.

Either way, finding a good local NY Pizza place is best for me.

Crust is like cardboard...the pizza otherwise I think is good but come on, you gotta have decent crust. It's like a burger joint that has crappy fries.
It's like Jordan with no Pippen...or Shaggy with no Scooby...you get the point

Papa John's pizza.......

........................................most people i know don't like to eat shit

Reactions: Lakecock1
great its risen.... i will be shorting the stock tomorrow

The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms - greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge - has marked the upward surge of mankind, and greed - you mark my words - will not only save Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.

Wouldn’t the white supremicists stay away from Papa John’s (the business) for letting Papa John (the man) go?

Reactions: Out of Conference
All politics aside I think their pizza is terrible
Same. Papa Johns was that cheap ass pizza we found in the old Zipsheet when I went to USC. Nothing beat 3 pizzas for $8.99. Until you actually got the pizza and half was burned and/or overcooked. Don't get me started on that bowl debacle ...

Their stock rose because Schnatter resigned from the board.

Reactions: togood1

Whether his comments were taken out of context can be debated. With that said dropping the N word on a conference call with an outside marketing company is nothing short of staggering.

Clemson Board of Trustees member Ben Tillman's speech to the United States Senate-

"We of the South have never recognized the right of the Negro to govern white men, and we never will. We have never believed him to be the equal of the white man, and we will not submit to his gratifying his lust on our wives and daughters without lynching him."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Tillman

I found the story, which doesn't make much sense...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-for-using-the-n-word/?utm_term=.8be79acba647

Schnatter uttered the racial slur during a call between Papa John’s executives and the marketing agency Laundry Service, Forbes reported. The group was undergoing a role-playing exercise meant to prepare for public relations challenges, and Schnatter was asked how he would separate himself from racist groups online. He responded by “downplaying the significance of his NFL statement,” Forbes reported.

“Colonel Sanders called blacks n—–s,” Schnatter reportedly said.

If he used the N-word, wouldn't it have been better to say the "N-word" rather than the slang word of "n—–s" knowing what the N-word means???

There is N-word, the C-word and P-word...

I guess John Schnatter missed his calling and should have been a white rapper like M&M and can say the word "n—–s"...

Last edited:
Clemson Board of Trustees member Ben Tillman's speech to the United States Senate-

"We of the South have never recognized the right of the Negro to govern white men, and we never will. We have never believed him to be the equal of the white man, and we will not submit to his gratifying his lust on our wives and daughters without lynching him."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Tillman

Latin America (Portuguese and Spanish) In Spanish, negro (feminine negra) is most commonly used for the color black, but it can also be used to describe people with dark-colored skin.

Like any other word, it's been highjacked by the slang word society...

zsaajAiGO2Tk3yekJF8eQuwsx1hVObgP5NCNSaOoj0kJSjUn9rT_-6SXpDH-2ZryF_cgruABXJ-geg_taYo_hbwzMcnJi6iHNMP6Gq72Codc=s0-d

This whole thing is getting out of hand . Since the whole Yeti / NRA dust up I have 7 or 8 customers a week who say they will never buy a Yeti Product because they went against the NRA . On the flip side I have 7 or 8 customers a week come in my shop that buy Yeti stuff “ONLY” because they don’t support the NRA . To me it’s idiotic . As a business .... why not just SHUT UP and don’t get wrapped up in politics and opinions and then you get Everyone’s business . I could careless about your politics , religion , personal beliefs etc etc etc .... everyone’s $$$$ looks the same to me . So stupid .

That is all well and good. My question is how long can Clemson University continue to honor the most splenetic racist to ever be elected to the United States Senate?

Very good question, however until the national media locks down on this issue nothing will be done. The seed must be planted on the Clemson campus by its student body. I don't think they have the guts or the will to defy the Clemson BOT, alumni or supporters on this matter.

Reactions: RashCock
I would rather try teaching my retriever to juggle chainsaws than to attempt to explain this to you.

That is all well and good. My question is how long can Clemson University continue to honor the most splenetic racist to ever be elected to the United States Senate?

As a Clemson fan with a mixed family(White,Black, Native American) I can tell you that my entire family couldn't care less about the name on a building. Those names are in no way hurting or helping anyone when it comes to their ability to receive a quality education. Its a very slippery slope we are standing on the edge of. If you start removing the most ardent racist from buildings where do you draw the line? Do you remove the founding fathers next because they owned slaves? Do we remove Strom Thurmonds name from everything all over the state? What about J Marion Sims? Do we remove his statue from the state house grounds and ignore all the advances he made in medical science because he used slaves for his research? Do we start to judge different levels of racism in the past and decide what is acceptable and who makes that determination?

Very good question, however until the national media locks down on this issue nothing will be done. The seed must be planted on the Clemson campus by its student body. I don't think they have the guts or the will to defy the Clemson BOT, alumni or supporters on this matter.
Guts has nothing to do with it. At the moment its against the law to change the name of the building. Until thats changed the BOTs hands are tied either way so it does no good for students to demand a change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT