ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville WBB team has not played any good teams thus far, no wonder they are undefeated.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I think they are suppose to play NCSU tonight, we'll see how well they perform and get a good idea of what the competition is going to be going forward, as in the NCAA Tournament.

I think they are suppose to play NCSU tonight, we'll see how well they perform and get a good idea of what the competition is going to be going forward, as in the NCAA Tournament.
They have played #20 DePaul and a Syracuse team that was ranked at the time. DePaul Also had a very weak noncon and I feel should not be in the top 25. So yeah it has been a lame schedule BUT they do have talent,
The big question is will Cunane be able to play tonight for NCSU

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
They have played #20 DePaul and a Syracuse team that was ranked at the time. DePaul Also had a very weak noncon and I feel should not be in the top 25. So yeah it has been a lame schedule BUT they do have talent,
The big question is will Cunane be able to play tonight for NCSU

Thanks for the information.

So next Monday assuming nothing crazy happens we should be the #1 team followed by NC State, but of course UConn is going to get preferential treatment as #2 team instead.

So next Monday assuming nothing crazy happens we should be the #1 team followed by NC State, but of course UConn is going to get preferential treatment as #2 team instead.

Yeah, if we hold off Auburn we should be # 1 and, I also think we have enough in he tank to hold off uconn

Beal defend Westbrook, Henny or Zia on Becukers. Odada can't handle Boston she proved that last year. I still wonder how she was drafted so high out of high school

I'm not sweating our ranking. It's all about getting ready for the NCAA tournament. We are currently #1 in strength of schedule and we finish with 4 ranked teams, including two in the top 10. That doesn't include the SEC tournament. We should be ready.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Yeah, if we hold off Auburn we should be # 1 and, I also think we have enough in he tank to hold off uconn

Beal defend Westbrook, Henny or Zia on Becukers. Odada can't handle Boston she proved that last year. I still wonder how she was drafted so high out of high school
UCONN poses some matchup difficulties for us. They have one big and essentially 4 guards who are all 6’0”. My prediction is
Boston- Ododa-Nelson
Saxton- Griffith or Maukarat if she is healthy
Beal- Williams
Henderson- Bueckers
Cooke- Westbrook

Henderson and Cooke will be at a height disadvantage but their speed and strength will hopefully offset. I also would not be surprised to see some zone thrown in as a change of pace.

Where UCONN has got to be worried is on the boards. Boston is superior to Ododa-Nelson, and they got NOBODY that can keep up with Saxton.
We win with Boards and D

UCONN poses some matchup difficulties for us. They have one big and essentially 4 guards who are all 6’0”. My prediction is
Boston- Ododa-Nelson
Saxton- Griffith or Maukarat if she is healthy
Beal- Williams
Henderson- Bueckers
Cooke- Westbrook

Henderson and Cooke will be at a height disadvantage but their speed and strength will hopefully offset. I also would not be surprised to see some zone thrown in as a change of pace.

Where UCONN has got to be worried is on the boards. Boston is superior to Ododa-Nelson, and they got NOBODY that can keep up with Saxton.
We win with Boards and D

Yeah, we got the boards for sure. Cooke - Westbrook would be brutal to watch due to the size like you said. I wish Littleton or Russell was ready for the challenge. We'll see how it all shakes out

Great stat I heard from the ESPN announcer: Arkansas made 13 3's against UCONN; Arkansas only attempted 13 3's against USC.

I hear the "Arkansas can get hot and beat anyone" take quite a bit, but if they can't even get the 3 point shot off, then no they can't. We'll need that kind of defensive effort against UCONN. They are excellent on offense.

Offensively, I think we'll have plenty of open looks. We face better defensive teams in the SEC. But we have to make the shots. And layups! No missed bunnies.

Reactions: gamecockblack

why? NC State has one loss and wins over S Carolina and Lou. What is S Carolina’s best win?

so head to head doesn’t matter? State has beaten two #1 teams on their court. Their only loss is in OT without Cunane.
I do agree here...I think NCSU will be the opponent Carolina has to go thru to win the National Championship....NCSU would beat UCONN, Stanford....It will come down to NCSU and Carolina. imo

But in my heart of hearts, I hope it comes down to Carolina and UT playing for all the marbles...

why? NC State has one loss and wins over S Carolina and Lou. What is S Carolina’s best win?
I do think NC state has a good case for #1 considering their loss was without their best player and they have beaten two #1 teams. But they also lost to an unranked team, although VT is better than their record indicates, it still not a good loss for a top 5 team.
Now look at our schedule, we have dominated so far in the best conference in the country and and did well with a strong out of conference schedule. NC State has the bigger marquee wins but we have the better overall resume. You ask who has the best win, I ask you who has the worst loss and how recent was the loss?

so head to head doesn’t matter? State has beaten two #1 teams on their court. Their only loss is in OT without Cunane.

Real Time RPI still has Louisville ranked ahead of NC State, even after the loss last night. State played a pathetic non-conference schedule outside of their game with us. They probably caught a break when UVA quit. They were on the schedule twice and would have driven down State's SOS even more.

I suspect the committee would rank State ahead of UofL due to Cunane's injury. But it doesn't really matter right now, IMO.

I do think NC state has a good case for #1 considering their loss was without their best player and they have beaten two #1 teams. But they also lost to an unranked team, although VT is better than their record indicates, it still not a good loss for a top 5 team.
Now look at our schedule, we have dominated so far in the best conference in the country and and did well with a strong out of conference schedule. NC State has the bigger marquee wins but we have the better overall resume. You ask who has the best win, I ask you who has the worst loss and how recent was the loss?

fair point, I just would give it to State given the head to head result. Pack has to beat the Heels on Sunday for it to even be an argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT