ADVERTISEMENT

LSU QB in the portal (had career game against us)

Cocky 45

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2019
Columbia, SC
6'6 QB TJ Finley has hit the portal, he looked like Cam Newton when he played us, but apparently wasn't as successful against other teams

Reactions: vipercock
Also the Brennan kid who got hurt is an absolute stud . His numbers were actually better than Burrows thru the first couple of games until he was injured . LSU just couldn’t stop anybody which is so weird . My buddy is a big LSU booster and he said they are stacked this year if Brennan is 100% .

If we aren't begging this kid to come here...then what are we even doing? We need all able D1 bodies who are proven they can play on the D1 level.

If we aren't begging this kid to come here...then what are we even doing? We need all able D1 bodies who are proven they can play on the D1 level.

Only if he can play against us. His completion percentage in games against opponents not named USC was 51%.

Previous coaching staff is the answer to that question.
Exactly. I’m 49 years old and have never played quarterback in any football game other than backyard. That being said, I feel sure I could have thrown touchdown passes against last year’s defense.

Also the Brennan kid who got hurt is an absolute stud . His numbers were actually better than Burrows thru the first couple of games until he was injured . LSU just couldn’t stop anybody which is so weird . My buddy is a big LSU booster and he said they are stacked this year if Brennan is 100% .
Not hard to understand once you realize who the DC was and compare that to who he replaced.

Why dont yall just jump off a bridge and end it all. Yall fell for the tater tot OP.

qsusuatwscx.jpeg

I guess my point is that lack of talent in the secondary was not the reason you haven't won more than 6 games.
For sure. But you did say that they must've been coached up if they're getting drafted.

As many have pointed out, Muschamp's recruiting was really on par with Spurrier's overall. But he was absolutely clueless as to how to coach it and develop it. We've also had countless posts and threads about how hardly any player he recruited and signed got better under his staff's coaching.

For sure. But you did say that they must've been coached up if they're getting drafted.

As many have pointed out, Muschamp's recruiting was really on par with Spurrier's overall. But he was absolutely clueless as to how to coach it and develop it. We've also had countless posts and threads about how hardly any player he recruited and signed got better under his staff's coaching.
I think the CBs were trained well technically in coverage and that there are some misses at safety combined with what I believe to be some flaws in scheme that caused that. Skill vs strategy, if you will

Reactions: rogue cock
Point is...like Doc said...I think his 51% in the SEC proves he's worthy of a serious look if we're looking into D2,3 guys.
One of the reasons why you all are going on about how bad the defense was last year....was because we had D2,3 players out there mixed in with those future NFL bodies. SEC coaches find weaknesses on either side of the ball. You can bet OCs last year were enjoying watching the G-W transfer types getting snaps, starts and being relied upon by our coaches on an "SEC" defense. That shown weakness signals more weakness....because everyone knew we had nobody better to put on the field.

Kyler Murray has a great game against us in his first start in 2015 and transferred and ended up all right.

TJ Finley should be ok.

We tend to make most opposing QB's look like Heisman trophy contenders.
Remember Tee Martin in 98?

I was at the original Tally Ho. We had a band that day. I decided to stay until halftime and listen to the band. People started arriving back at the tailgate by the 2nd Quarter

I have a hard time believing Jaycee Horn didn't get better.

Reactions: rogue cock
Yes, that's one. Maybe Shi Smith is another. There may be a couple of others, but overall there's not much to point to if one wants to showcase Muschamp's development of players over a 5 year span.

Muschamp is just one in a long list of assistant coaches promoted above their level of ability. There is just some "drop of Saban" that good head coaches have. Somehow, even some great offensive and defensive coordinators never get that extra needed for head coaching.

Guess where he ended up? Auburn.

Wonder if Nix and Bobo have had conversations at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT