ADVERTISEMENT

LSU: Who Do You Think Of?

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Who is the 1st person that comes to your mind when you see:
lsu_tigers_2014-pres.png

I don’t know why but it is, and has always been, Gerry Dinardo for me. Maybe I’m just grateful we beat them in Death Valley under his watch? Les Miles, Joe Burrow, Pete Maravich definitely right there. But I always see LSU and think of very talented underachieving teams from the 90’s. How does he come to mind with so many legends in those programs? I don’t know...
297999.jpg.jpg

Dinardo - that guy seemed to be in over his head from day one. Memory a little cloudy from back then.

Les Miles is the best at doing the least with the most.

Reactions: Carolina4
Not sure about who but I do have a lot of memories of insane amounts Liquor, hot Co-Ed’s , and a MASSIVE hangover the next morning . That Baton Rouge in a Nutshell for me .

Reactions: SCexpat38
The guy that came running up to us when we got out of the car at LSU and started yelling Tiger Bait Tiger Bait.

Coach O..... and if I remember correctly he wasn’t LSUs first choice before they hired/promoted him to HC. Who was it they were after first? Wasn't it that Herman guy who coaches for Texas now? He wanted to much money or something and LSU said screw it and just kept O. Ian’s now they have a national championship!
Something that is out of touch for as long as Tired Tanner and our crappy bot is in charge

Last edited:
I'm thinking Leonard Fournette or that monster qb they had. Can't recall his name. I think he got drafted by Oakland Raiders and never really amounted to anything in the NFL.

Yep. JaMarcus Russell. He made almost 40 million though.

#1 overall pick...and perhaps the biggest draft bust ever. Well, at least in the NFL. Sam Bowie and Greg Oden also come to mind, particularly when considering who was drafted right after them.

Reactions: Bad seed
I don’t know why but it is, and has always been, Gerry Dinardo for me. Maybe I’m just grateful we beat them in Death Valley under his watch? Les Miles, Joe Burrow, Pete Maravich definitely right there. But I always see LSU and think of very talented underachieving teams from the 90’s. How does he come to mind with so many legends in those programs? I don’t know...
297999.jpg.jpg
We beat them in the rain under Curley Hallman's watch in 1994.

Was there.

Go Cocks!

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Kind of a strange Post on this board, but I'm going with Joe Burrow. Disclaimer..My son goes there.

Shaq!! Never forget him in 92 when LSU pummeled us at the Coliseum. He was humongous and dominant.

2002 when we beat them twice to advance to the championship game in Hoover. They had a great third baseman whose name escapes me, but he died tragically a few years later.

ADVERTISEMENT