ADVERTISEMENT

LSU's baseball field looks cheap

Rollerdude123

Apr 8, 2011
or something

grass doesn't loo good - pitching mound looks like me and my kids raked it ourselves

Do they have fake grass or fake dirt on their field? it has a funny look to it - fake looking.

and I hate the billboards all over the place.

or something

grass doesn't loo good - pitching mound looks like me and my kids raked it ourselves

Do they have fake grass or fake dirt on their field? it has a funny look to it - fake looking.

and I hate the billboards all over the place.

I feel the same way..

Cheap shot.

Place is awesome and HUGE by college standards ... they AVERAGE over 11,000/game at home and out-draw us by 150,000+ annually in baseball with a MSA population that's 5,000 LESS than Columbia ... 805,000 to 810,000.

The 'signs' on the walls do give it a minor-league park look/feel - but the reason they do it is because they're 'effective' ... far fewer i-phones in the stands at Baton Rouge, people aren't 'texting' they're WATCHING.

Reactions: Out of Conference
I don't care how big the crowd is. Their stadium looks like dog crap on TV. It looks like a nice 6,000 seat stadium that they added 6,000 aluminum bleachers to over the years. If they're really bringing in 150,000 more people through the gates every year than we are then that's pathetic. At $10-$15 per ticket plus parking and concessions their baseball program should be making $3-$5 million more per year than ours is and that's without advertisements on every single square inch of the park.

Reactions: USCRBCOCK
In 2015 polled sportswriters and announcers who cover college baseball voted Founders Park the best venue in college baseball. LSU's ballpark was 2nd.
Sevierville, TN looks like Williamsburg County on TV but it's not. You TV critics need to get out more; your comments remind me of the difference between obtaining 'distance-learning' on-line degrees vs. attending actual classes, it ain't 'zackly the same thing.
Two CAUTIONS: You'll have to wear clothes and put on more than those track-lined Fruit of the Looms, and you'll have to put your beer in a cup.

[QUOTE="Two CAUTIONS: You'll have to wear clothes and put on more than those track-lined Fruit of the Looms, and you'll have to put your beer in a cup.[/QUOTE]

That's some prose!

I like it. What many may not realize is that almost all MLB teams used to have ads covering the walls back in the day. The "Monsta" was covered in them. Now I will say that the field looks bad on tv. I think it might have something to do with the lighting.

I didn't say it was small.

Put 11,000 fans into any college baseball stadium and sportswriters will gush about it regardless.

I said it didn't look good. The grass looked fake- and the hundred or so tacky billboards look cheesy. the pitching mound didn't look like it was maintained properly.

and the warm up pitching mounds are in foul territory in the outfield- looks like Fulton County Stadium back in the 1980s. That's not exactly safe for outfielders trying to shag foul balls.

Cheap shot.

Place is awesome and HUGE by college standards ... they AVERAGE over 11,000/game at home and out-draw us by 150,000+ annually in baseball with a MSA population that's 5,000 LESS than Columbia ... 805,000 to 810,000.

The 'signs' on the walls do give it a minor-league park look/feel - but the reason they do it is because they're 'effective' ... far fewer i-phones in the stands at Baton Rouge, people aren't 'texting' they're WATCHING.

I thought lighting too - but it looked like the infield grass was half way chewed up - big clumps of sod weren't in place. Just looked poorly maintained.

I like it. What many may not realize is that almost all MLB teams used to have ads covering the walls back in the day. The "Monsta" was covered in them. Now I will say that the field looks bad on tv. I think it might have something to do with the lighting.

[QUOTE="Two CAUTIONS: You'll have to wear clothes and put on more than those track-lined Fruit of the Looms, and you'll have to put your beer in a cup.

That's some prose![/QUOTE]

Thank you; but guys like Robert B. Parker writes clever, interesting prose - especially his 'Spenser' series.
My comments are the result of visualization and experience, having on occasion met a few such on-line critics at the ballpark during one of their infrequent visits. Without fail they always express amazement at how much different the surroundings are 'in-person' ... and they're usually well-along on the way to a world-class buzz.
Akin to playground critics who've never had kids they offer 'expert' opinions about which rides and slides 'ought be included or eliminated since they've 'seen' it all before - what with cable TV and all.

Paul Manieri himself said we built a classier stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT