ADVERTISEMENT

LT Tolbert comments

Longer than many of our "fans" would like. They want immediate results, but that's very unrealistic. There is improvement, and there are still things that are being worked on.

I like you Batgirl, you seem kind and reasonable so please don’t take this the srong way- but losing 4 out of our last 5 games, two if which were to FCS schools... Does not feel like improvement. I do not see it. We can all have differing opinions and get along right? :)

Oh wait... I forgot I was on the internet for a second there.

I wouldn't say that, I'm satisfied b!*ching helped get Holbrook and Roper replaced sooner rather than later. I'm extremely happy with Holbrook's replacement and cautiously optimistic about Roper's.
This can't be overstated. There are some fans that think everyone should just shut up and accept the product as is. If we did that, nothing would ever change. There would be no incentive for coaches and ADs to do so.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I like you Batgirl, you seem kind and reasonable so please don’t take this the srong way- but losing 4 out of our last 5 games, two if which were to FCS schools... Does not feel like improvement. I do not see it. We can all have differing opinions and get along right? :)

Lifer, you seem like a level headed bloke. I get your point of view. I dont like the losses either. I see the improvements in the fundamentals. They are getting better, but yes we still have some work to do. In the comeback Friday and yesterday, even though a loss. Last year's team would not have done that. They would have lost Friday. There are glimpses of the mental toughness we enjoyed during our runs returning. But these guys have years of bad habits and slack fundamentals to overcome. CMK is working hard to correct that. I saw it a great deal at scrimmages, and see it in games now. I think too many expected that a new coaches immediately meant all problems are fixed. Not so. It will take time. CMK reminds me a great deal of CRT when he arrived in 1996.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
BUSH LEAGUE comments, a former player should keep his feelings "in house" and not in the public
...and I'm not taking up for Holbrooke's coaching ability... he failed at SC,

......like many coaches in all sports at SC

Reactions: jeff2001
Comparing years CofC went to one regional and one Super. Holbrook took us to two Super Regionals.
Head to Head Results
2013 1-1
2014 1-0
2015 2-1
2016-0-1

But that's ok. You carry on.

to bad you have to state the facts for someone who spews crap without research

Reactions: Silverspur02

I'm like BG21. I do see improvement in several things. The good habits being taught have not yet replaced the ingrained bad habits yet. But I can see the coaching, which I never saw under Holbrook. Appropriate wins won't come until the new habits are ingrained, which will have to happen first.

A lacking coach does not immediately ruin a team...nor does a good coach immediately turn a team around. It takes time to have whatever one brings to the table to saturate and show.

Hell even Ward had ranked defenses for a couple of years until he ran out of players that had been coached well before his promotion.

Carolina baseball shouldn't be where we are now.

Think about it. If USC's Admissions Dean had taken a 'rest' for 3 or so years and our enrollment fell off by 10-15% or more or if our fundraising V-P was out playing golf when deep pockets alum called in to inquire about endowment gifts - man heads would roll down Blossom Street.

We gotta get these academic guys to see the athletic/academic relationship, i.e. Success in ALL of the Major Sports @ a Deep South university like USC = better students + more alumni giving + LOTS of national recognition.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Yep, the hard swing. I played a lot of ball in my younger days because I wasn't big enough for football or tall enough for basketball. That's the beauty of baseball. If you can catch and hit, size doesn't matter. I never went to the plate looking to hit it hard. I always wanted to put the ball in play WHERE I WANTED IT IN PLAY. When interviewing Aja the other day after the game Saturday, they asked her and underneath scoring and Aja responded that "It's all bout the touch". In baseball, hitting is all about bat control.
dang, everybody should try that.....i wonder if coach has any idea

clemson fans getting to you? yall need some thicker skin
Not really, I do appreciate your concern though. I hate to see South Carolina lose in anything, so i will always get pissed about it. Now back to Baseball. This is a program that won back to Back National Titles, no way they should be 7-5 right now (Especially how they got there). Not with the support and the facilities they have.. So, again, to answer your question.. I have not heard from any taters, If you arent pissed about this, then you my friend have too THICK of a skin..
giphy.gif

I don't know about 'immediate results', but what I do expect is:
1. Year One improvement (from a play-standpoint...not necessarily record-wise)
2. Year Two improvement (both play and record)
3. Year Three-back near the top. We are a baseball destination. Players will want to come here. Recruiting should be able to get us back quickly.
I agree with this... my year one improvement would primarily be in game strategy and overall team preparedness for what arises. I echo your year 2 and 3 expectations. Year 4 should be a preseason ranking in the top 5. We are USC.

I don't know about 'immediate results', but what I do expect is:
1. Year One improvement (from a play-standpoint...not necessarily record-wise)
2. Year Two improvement (both play and record)
3. Year Three-back near the top. We are a baseball destination. Players will want to come here. Recruiting should be able to get us back quickly.
VERY reasonable.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT