ADVERTISEMENT

Luka is insane ...

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Dude just put up a 30pt 20 Red 10 assist line today . 20 Boards for a point guard ?!? And he’s 21 years old ?!? I for one am very excited about the new group of young NBA players . Luka , Morant , Zion , Trae Young etc etc . Btw if you want to spew a political rant about not watching NBA or sports in general , just ignore this post . No one wants to hear it . Some great young talent in the league now .

Dude just put up a 30pt 20 Red 10 assist line today . 20 Boards for a point guard ?!? And he’s 21 years old ?!? I for one am very excited about the new group of young NBA players . Luka , Morant , Zion , Trae Young etc etc . Btw if you want to spew a political rant about not watching NBA or sports in general , just ignore this post . No one wants to hear it . Some great young talent in the league now .
You had me up to Zion.

You had me up to Zion.
What is wrong with Zion? He has played well as a rookie, seems like a really good kid too! His stamina is a bit lacking right now it seems but that is a big ole boy... Not surprising he gets winded at times!

Reactions: bdblack
That's me.

just sort of got away from it.

Jordan
bird
magic
Ewing

I used to love it.
when they retired I just lost interest

Actually I did too for a long time . I loved watching Kobe and Iverson but after they got old I kinda checked out . Just recently started rewatching and I’m digging it . Just watch one Mavericks or Bucks game to see Luka and Gannis and you might be a fan again . These kids are so skilled it’s insane .

Why ?? If your answer is political than don’t bother . But if not ... why . Just not a BBall fan??

Lost interest around the time Latrell Sprewell (Sp) choked PJ Carlesimo (sp) his damn coach. Allen Iverson refusing to practice. Owners like Mark Cuban. Among other things.

My political views and honoring the country that affords all of us to proper are secondary because I didn't watch it anyway. Sure as hell won't now.

Hope that answers your question

Lost interest around the time Latrell Sprewell (Sp) choked PJ Carlesimo (sp) his damn coach. Allen Iverson refusing to practice. Owners like Mark Cuban. Among other things.

My political views and honoring the country that affords all of us to proper are secondary because I didn't watch it anyway. Sure as hell won't now.

Hope that answers your question

Yeap

Justice, Peace, Equality, who has time for that? :0)
There was justice, peace, and equality before the NBA started advertising it. I’m a Black male who grew up after the Civil rights movement, and I’ve seen this country make tremendous gains in equality the last five decades. The liberal media and democratic politicians wanna push “victimhood” to the minority community because they can keep us upset. And this is nothing new, “if you believe the BS that (Black lives matter) is spewing, you are highly “deceived bro, these young Blacks today don’t know what discrimination is, they are privileged compared to what my generation and other generations before them went through. We fought for equality and got it, now a bunch of ignorant punks are spitting on it! Shameful.

There was justice, peace, and equality before the NBA started advertising it. I’m a Black male who grew up after the Civil rights movement, and I’ve seen this country make tremendous gains in equality the last five decades. The liberal media and democratic politicians wanna push “victimhood” to the minority community because they can keep us upset. And this is nothing new, “if you believe the BS that (Black lives matter) is spewing, you are highly “deceived bro, these young Blacks today don’t know what discrimination is, they are privileged compared to what my generation and other generations before them went through. We fought for equality and got it, now a bunch of ignorant punks are spitting on it! Shameful.

I mentioned in a thread the other day that as a 1st grader in 1963, I recall that The State Fair in Columbia had a white week and a Black week. A mere 45 years later this country elected a Black man President, TWICE! If that doesn't support your post, then nothing does!

We've come a LONG WAY. Younger Americans have no clue what RACISM is! The average Black American is middle class, and to some degree are 'living the American Dream'.

I appreciate your perspective on what has occurred in OUR lifetime.

The talent in the nba right now is really special. There are several players unlike anyone we have ever seen. Luca, Porzingis, Zion, Lebron, Durant. Just to name a few. Very different skill sets for these guys.

Good to see a serious NBA post around here. Luka and Kristaps have to get better at the end of games. Mavs would have probably been at least a 4th seed this year if they didn't blow so many 4th Quarter leads.
From your post, I'm a Black male that I believe is a little older than you. While this country has made progress, you will come to understand that there was a push and pull when it comes to race long before we got here and that push and pull will be here long after we leave. When you are outnumbered 6 to 1, you will always have to speak up about something or you will be forgotten about. No, we are not in reconstruction, we are not in Jim Crow, However, there are issues of vast disparity in criminal justice sentencing that has not been fixed even by Criminal Justice Reform. The big problem with any racial discussion is people tend to take it too personally. If White people lived in a country where they were outnumbered six to one by Black people, they would probably move or they would be bringing up issues too. So, it's part of the deal. What we have to get better at is respectfully disagreeing instead of yelling at one another.

Last edited:
Looks like you and I are the only ones bobbyb....

I guess no Suzanne Vega fans . Lol . I actually got in a argument with my wife because I thought it was Tori Amos !! It just sounds very Tori Amosy !! She was right I was wrong . They all sound the same to me .

I guess no Suzanne Vega fans . Lol . I actually got in a argument with my wife because I thought it was Tori Amos !! It just sounds very Tori Amosy !! She was right I was wrong . They all sound the same to me .
True, easy mistake

Good to see a serious NBA post around here. Luka and Kristaps have to get better at the end of games. Mavs would have probably been at least a 4th seed this year if they didn't blow so many 4th Quarter leads.

From your post, I'm a Black male that I believe is a little older than you. While this country has made progress, you will come to understand that there was a push and pull when it comes to race long before we got here and that push and pull will be here long after we leave. When you are outnumbered 6 to 1, you will always have to speak up about something or you will be forgotten about. No, we are not in reconstruction, we are not in Jim Crow, However, there are issues of vast disparity in criminal justice sentencing that has not been fixed even by Criminal Justice Reform. The big problem with any racial discussion is people tend to take it too personally. If White people lived in a country where they were outnumbered six to one by Black people, they would probably move or they would be bringing up issues too. So, it's part of the deal. What we have to get better at is respectfully disagreeing instead of yelling at one another.
I agree with you about the racial disparity in the court system. There’s still work to be done with that, and we still have everyday racism in America for sure, but I’m not rolling with this systemic racism crap the liberal media and black lives matter keep pushing. And I agree with you on the respect part, we need to all come to an understanding without things boiling over.

I agree with you about the racial disparity in the court system. There’s still work to be done with that, and we still have everyday racism in America for sure, but I’m not rolling with this systemic racism crap the liberal media and black lives matter keep pushing. And I agree with you on the respect part, we need to all come to an understanding without things boiling over.
Racial disparity in Sentencing for identical crimes is Systematic Racism. Sometimes, as Black people, we bend over backwards to not call something what it is so others won't say we are using the race card. Been there a thousand times. As a result, I usually gives someone 4 or 5 chances before I just call a racist act what it is.

Reactions: Gamekem
Racial disparity in Sentencing for identical crimes is Systematic Racism. Sometimes, as Black people, we bend over backwards to not call something what it is so others won't say we are using the race card. Been there a thousand times. As a result, I usually gives someone 4 or 5 chances before I just call a racist act what it is.
Yes but that is not society as a whole, and that’s what I’m speaking on. If you’re saying everything in America is like the court system you not being honest. When they tout systemic racism they try to place it on economics, education, environment, health, etc, and that’s not true in today’s America. Minorities are not being held down, there’s multiple opportunities out here for people to “succeed, no matter what race or religion they are. We’re not perfect and you gonna find some out there who’s racist or bigoted but that doesn’t mean the entire country is like that. And you know it’s not!

For purely basketball reasons I haven't personally found the NBA exciting since the 90s.
Same... But honestly there are more exciting players to watch in the NBA today than there has been at any time I am aware of since the 90s! James is who he is... Amazing player just not my personal favorite to watch and I cannot even explain why- but then you have guys like Curry, luka (and a handful of other really good European players), Anthony Davis, James Harden, Zion, the Gree freak (not even going to try his name)... The list goes on- Paul George, Russel Westbrook... Tons of talented players who are fun to watch! I have been tuning in more recently than I have since Jordan retired.

Reactions: Who Cares_Who Cares
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT