ADVERTISEMENT

LUKA

He seemed a little slower today because of his ankle injury. No loss of determination. Monster game and great stats.

He seemed a little slower today because of his ankle injury. No loss of determination. Monster game and great stats.
His game is not really dependent on speed. His ball handling, strength and balance allow him to get to the spots on the floor that he wants. The odd thing is that his shooting is the shakiest part of his game because he hits big shots. However, his free throw shooting is in the mid 70's and he is a 32% three point shooter which is below average. He had 3 air ball threes yesterday. However, I knew he was going to hit that last shot as soon as Kawhi Leonard switched that final screen.

Last edited:
I might be in the minority but I think the NBA is in great shape for the future . Giannis , Luka , Lilliard , Morant , Zion , Trae Young, Donovan Mitchell etc etc . There’s a lot of very young talent doing some amazing things. I’ve really enjoyed watching the NBA this year
The one name I would question in your list right now is Zion. Zion has to get his weight under control or he will never get where he wants to go in the NBA. His conditioning looked as poor as I have ever seen it in the bubble and it was almost as if the Pelicans were providing cover by only playing him 4-5 minutes at the time. Zion has to be over 300 lbs right now. The last NBA player I've seen look like that in his jersey was Oliver Miller.

The one name I would question in your list right now is Zion. Zion has to get his weight under control or he will never get where he wants to go in the NBA. His conditioning looked as poor as I have ever seen it in the bubble and it was almost as if the Pelicans were providing cover by only playing him 4-5 minutes at the time. Zion has to be over 300 lbs right now. The last NBA player I've seen look like that in his jersey was Oliver Miller.

I don’t see him ever playing a full season if he doesn’t get under 280 lbs. His body has already shown that it can’t hold up when he’s too heavy.

You are right about Zion and his weight. He has to get to a muscular 240/250 imo to maximize his talent. Need a 15-17 foot jump shot too. But to mention the round-O man (Oliver) was totally unnecessary lol.

Yeah I agree but when he played he was still putting up 20 and 10 nightly . I do agree that he’s gotta get a trainer and get In better shape . Also he will learn quickly that they’re way bigger and stronger guys in the NBA . I watched a game this year and he tried to bully Valencinus from Toronto and Val threw him around like a rag doll all night . He definitely needs to develop his game . I said from the outset that Ja would be the better NBA player . What are your thought on Lamelo ?! Is he the real deal ?!? Apparently he grew a foot so he’s 6’7 now . Will be interested what team takes a chance on him.

A. Luka is something else...i cannot believe the Hawks gave him up. No dis to Trae as I do like him but just on different planets if you ask me.

B. LaMelo I think will be a solid player but I don't see him being a star

Yeah I agree but when he played he was still putting up 20 and 10 nightly . I do agree that he’s gotta get a trainer and get In better shape . Also he will learn quickly that they’re way bigger and stronger guys in the NBA . I watched a game this year and he tried to bully Valencinus from Toronto and Val threw him around like a rag doll all night . He definitely needs to develop his game . I said from the outset that Ja would be the better NBA player . What are your thought on Lamelo ?! Is he the real deal ?!? Apparently he grew a foot so he’s 6’7 now . Will be interested what team takes a chance on him.
My son is convinced that LaMelo is the real deal. However, he is a 10th grade high school player that gets caught up in the hype. LaMelo has talent. He has the same passing instincts as Lonzo and has a better shot. However, he can get very selfish and take bad shots. His competition level has been all over the place as well. So, he is hard to guage. I would pick Edwards and/or Wiseman ahead of him. However, as teenagers do, my son thinks I am crazy.

I don’t know man... He might not “look” like your normal NBA star out there but Zion puts up a point a minute even at this weight and if he keeps doing that... He will be a star for a long time to come.

I don’t know man... He might not “look” like your normal NBA star out there but Zion puts up a point a minute even at this weight and if he keeps doing that... He will be a star for a long time to come.
He can't stay healthy for 82 game seasons at that weight. The player I compare him to the most, Charles Barkley, realized that he had to get his weight under control in order to endure the long seasons you have to go through on the professional level. As skilled as Zion is, the Pelicans would only trust him to 4 or 5 minute stints. Even at that rate, you could see Zion's lack of conditioning on the defensive end. I don't know how much of the bubble games you watched, but Zion's looks like he has packed on another 25 lbs. from what he was at Duke. I am pulling for the guy as a S.C. native, however, I am really concerned.

I haven't watched any of the NBA since before China 19 shut it down, so I don't know what Zion looks like or how effective he's been. But if he got down to 240 - 250, would he be as effective and impactful a player than he would at say 280? Does that extra weight help him, even though it may mean a shorter career?

My son is convinced that LaMelo is the real deal. However, he is a 10th grade high school player that gets caught up in the hype. LaMelo has talent. He has the same passing instincts as Lonzo and has a better shot. However, he can get very selfish and take bad shots. His competition level has been all over the place as well. So, he is hard to guage. I would pick Edwards and/or Wiseman ahead of him. However, as teenagers do, my son thinks I am crazy.

Yeah I wasn’t that impressed with him initial but when you watch the film his court vision is incredible . The kid definitely has a very high BBall IQ . That kind of playmaking ability at 6’7 is pretty hard to pass up . I think the fact that Lavar is keeping his trap shut will probably help his case . I think Lavar pretty much destroyed any hope of a career for Lonzo .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT