ADVERTISEMENT

Madness - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that Pelaton commercial.

It’s insane how people these days get offended over everything, and then try to destroy you because they don’t agree with you. Peleton stock dropped 10% because of this contrived controversy. I believe the mainstream media is responsible for this kind of crap. NBC news has reported it each night over the last 3 nights and spoken about it in a manner that was critical of Peleton. Since when did giving a woman a gift become a sexist thing? Next they will target the Jewelry store Jared’s accusing them of implying that women aren’t attractive unless they are wearing a new diamond necklace. It’s absurd.

Reactions: king ward
I saw it, like I`m sure most people did, before the made up "controversy" and thought nothing of it. What woman, or man, wouldn`t be happy(assuming they worked out) with a $2000 exercise machine for Christmas? The woman is in shape and that`s a negative??? I can see someone getting worked up if the woman was 25 lbs. overweight and the message was you need to lose weight. None of that. Honestly, you had to be looking for something to get something negative out of that commercial. And I have never used Pelaton, don`t use any exercise equipment. Are they going to complain about jewelry, clothes commercials too? Another example of pure liberal craziness.
I didn't like the ad because I thought it was just plain dumb and the woman had this annoying scared/confused/surprised look on her face the whole time. There was no sociopolitical, gender or class-based reason driving my opinion.

Reactions: okccock
I didn't really think anyone was offended- it was more the premise is just so stupid. "116 pound woman gets bike and drops to 113 pounds in just a year!"

hilarious and cring-inducing at the same time.

Reactions: okccock
I didn't really think anyone was offended- it was more the premise is just so stupid. "116 pound woman gets bike and drops to 113 pounds in just a year!"

hilarious and cring-inducing at the same time.

I don't think anyone was actually offended either, but they sure are pretending to be. People read WAY more into this commercial than is there.

A husband buys an exercise bike for his wife and she likes it. That's about it.

Some people are "outraged" b/c the girl is already skinny. As one commentator noted, would it have been received better if the wife in the commercial had been fat?

In case anyone has failed to notice, the people who are most into exercise and exercise equipment are people who are in shape and exercise.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Nothing wrong with the gift. Kinda tacky, I think
a bike would be preferable, or bikes for the family, but still. Kinda like I got YOU an exercise bike for Christmas surprise! But anyway, I don’t think she being forced to get up at 6 every morning to ride. My wife has always kept her weight since I’ve known her, and diligence in eating and exercise (for the most part) is why. I think she was thinking Peloton....hmm. I’m planning on bikes for the whole family after the Christmas madness because my only problem with a stationary bike, is it’s nothing like this real hill near my house. OTOH, no drivers to worry about.

I saw it, like I`m sure most people did, before the made up "controversy" and thought nothing of it. What woman, or man, wouldn`t be happy(assuming they worked out) with a $2000 exercise machine for Christmas? The woman is in shape and that`s a negative??? I can see someone getting worked up if the woman was 25 lbs. overweight and the message was you need to lose weight. None of that. Honestly, you had to be looking for something to get something negative out of that commercial. And I have never used Pelaton, don`t use any exercise equipment. Are they going to complain about jewelry, clothes commercials too? Another example of pure liberal craziness.

Buy the NordicTrack instead. Its cheaper and just as good.

lol, certainly not every liberal is in the "woke" crowd. You do not seem to fit that mold, and maybe fit into the ever-shrinking category of "open-minded liberal." However, I can pretty much assure you that 100% of people offended by this commercial would identify as liberals.

I can live with that estimate. We live in strange times and a lot of folks on both extremea tend to get wound up over the weirdest stuff.

Still, it probably beats the alternative of being dead.

Why does everyone assume that exercise is only for weight loss. Exercise is for your health, and weight loss can be an additional benefit if needed. I’m offended by those offended by this commercial because they imply that I exercise therefore I must be fat.

Reactions: rojas and vacock#
Why does everyone assume that exercise is only for weight loss. Exercise is for your health, and weight loss can be an additional benefit if needed. I’m offended by those offended by this commercial because they imply that I exercise therefore I must be fat.
Because they are projecting their own issues onto a commercial, and thereby, everyone else in society that likes to exercise.

The skinniest person I know is in terrible shape. He's a scrawny bag of bones. Probably couldn't run a quarter mile.

To make everyone happy the lady working out should be eating something loaded with cheese and gravy. Problem solved. Everyone happy

I approve of this statement!

It’s insane how people these days get offended over everything, and then try to destroy you because they don’t agree with you. Peleton stock dropped 10% because of this contrived controversy. I believe the mainstream media is responsible for this kind of crap. NBC news has reported it each night over the last 3 nights and spoken about it in a manner that was critical of Peleton. Since when did giving a woman a gift become a sexist thing? Next they will target the Jewelry store Jared’s accusing them of implying that women aren’t attractive unless they are wearing a new diamond necklace. It’s absurd.

I know my wife got offended when the Dr said I had to lose weight and I said I could lose 140 pounds in a month. He said there isn't any way I could do that I said I disagree, I could get a divorce and viola 140pounds lost just like that!! That's when the fight started!

I know my wife got offended when the Dr said I had to lose weight and I said I could lose 140 pounds in a month. He said there isn't any way I could do that I said I disagree, I could get a divorce and viola 140pounds lost just like that!! That's when the fight started!
I wonder what the critics would say about me buying my ex-wife a vacuum for Christmas? Now that I think about it, maybe that’s why she’s my ex.

99.9% of the offended are products of wanting attention. They see an opportunity to stand out. And the notoriety is more important than the subject matter!

Reactions: SoutternFriedCock
The real problem? Do I have to say it? They were a well-off non-diverse married couple.....

Twitter makes things seem like a big deal when there is hardly anyone "outraged". It is quite stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT