ADVERTISEMENT

Malcolm Gaston

GreatestCock

Jun 19, 2020
Malcolm Gatson, top instate OL for 2026 had this to say about his recruitment:

“Still heavy with Clemson, but with FSU coming in, it’s really a battle between FSU and Clemson right now,” Gaston said. “I haven’t heard too much from Georgia mainly because they are in fall camp. I haven’t heard a word from South Carolina (since camp)."

What are we doing here? He's been offered by our two biggest rivals. What do they see that we don't?

Not sure you're going to find your answer on a message board, there could be many different reasons we're not hot after him, just like he said he hasn't heard from UGa. because they are in camp. Like maybe they got wind he was not enamored with us and he would choose the upstate school all day every day, why waste you're resources on someone that's not going to commit to you. And that could be said about a lot of these kids that we chase hard and lose. They either want to be here or they don't and I think/know Beamer can sense that!

Reactions: GreatestCock
Not sure you're going to find your answer on a message board, there could be many different reasons we're not hot after him, just like he said he hasn't heard from UGa. because they are in camp. Like maybe they got wind he was not enamored with us and he would choose the upstate school all day every day, why waste you're resources on someone that's not going to commit to you. And that could be said about a lot of these kids that we chase hard and lose. They either want to be here or they don't and I think/know Beamer can sense that!
Good analysis. I would add that perhaps the young man is seeking an NIL deal worth much more than we are able to pay. The top football schools will always be able to offer much more $$ than we can. Sadly it’s what college football and basketball have become.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Good analysis. I would add that perhaps the young man is seeking an NIL deal worth much more than we are able to pay. The top football schools will always be able to offer much more $$ than we can. Sadly it’s what college football and basketball have become.
Absolutely, that's the chase hard and lose part and it will happen plenty of more times, but you have to sense that is going to happen with a kid early and gauge whether the kid is worth getting in a bidding war or not! Look at OL that just committed to Tenn., tell me money wasn't a factor there!

Last edited:
Reactions: hahnenkampf
Malcolm Gatson, top instate OL for 2026 had this to say about his recruitment:

What are we doing here? He's been offered by our two biggest rivals. What do they see that we don't?

The article says he's waiting on a Clemson offer. So, they haven't offered yet.

I heard Phil's show last week. He mentioned some kid- might have been this one- and said he was a Clemson lean. Maybe it was this kid. I don't know. I didn't hear the kid's name because I really don't pay attention to recruiting that much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT