ADVERTISEMENT

Man builds model of Williams Brice out of legos

In before a Clemson fan makes some lame/hackneyed "where are all of the lego people leaving, taillights, etc, etc" joke.....

I wish the real one looked that good.
I know dude! Dang, Williams Brice could never look this good right?

563494829_750x422.jpg

About as necessary as sports in general. But to the issue at hand: our stadium is tired - tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrred. Not the excellent landscaping and streetscaping that has been done, but the stadium itself.

Okay! You are right. W-B looks tired in certain areas, particularly the metal lower decks in the south, north and west. However, the price tag to 'fix' the problem was within our financial means 30 years ago, or so. Today, that figure would be somewhere in the 'knock 'em dead' area. So, how do we do it, along with the costs of many recent projects we've completed in the past 10 years + those on the 'gonna do' list over the next 5-10 years?

Calling all 'deep pocket' alumni and supporters!

Okay! You are right. W-B looks tired in certain areas, particularly the metal lower decks in the south, north and west. However, the price tag to 'fix' the problem was within our financial means 30 years ago, or so. Today, that figure would be somewhere in the 'knock 'em dead' area. So, how do we do it, along with the costs of many recent projects we've completed in the past 10 years + those on the 'gonna do' list over the next 5-10 years?

We are still paying the price for having really dumb AD's back in the day.

Build colonial center: We should have stuck with the tradition of the classic Coliseum, wahhhh!!!!

Have historic football stadium: This thing is tired, I can’t imagine much that looks worse tbh

/FGF logic

Reactions: USCBatgirl21

Whatever it would cost to do it now, it will only be more later.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Whatever it would cost to do it now, it will only be more later.

"The stadium looks tired". Could you be specific as to what "improvements" YOU desire. This facility is used some 8-11 times for football per year. We have a great stadium and a great parking situation.

gave up on kids toys 30something years ago & video games shortly after that, because Women are vastly superior to both and worth more time and attention.

I am the one that built it, with my son. I have been posting pics of the progress for a few months on TIF. It was a fun activity to do with my son, who in a few years won't have time/desire to hang out with his dad. Glad someone noticed the flags....thought it was a cool touch. The South End Zone and the press box were my favorite parts. Thinking about Founders Park next, but I need to take a break for a bit. It was much more difficult and time consuming than I imagined. It has been fun to see the responses on social media. I was definitely surprised at the non-Carolina fans that said they liked it, even though they hated us :) Hope you all like it...like following Carolina sports, it was a labor of love. Go Cocks!

"The stadium looks tired". Could you be specific as to what "improvements" YOU desire. This facility is used some 8-11 times for football per year. We have a great stadium and a great parking situation.
We have a serviceable stadium and great parking. The North end zone needs to be redone. Take that monstrosity off the top of it; build an inside concourse that connects both sides of the stadium. Replace all seating with box seats. Lower the playing field to afford better viewing from the lower seats. And there's something wrong when your "great" stadium has porta-johns inside its confines, as we have a couple of places on the East side. Is that enough specificity for you?

I am the one that built it, with my son. I have been posting pics of the progress for a few months on TIF. It was a fun activity to do with my son, who in a few years won't have time/desire to hang out with his dad. Glad someone noticed the flags....thought it was a cool touch. The South End Zone and the press box were my favorite parts. Thinking about Founders Park next, but I need to take a break for a bit. It was much more difficult and time consuming than I imagined. It has been fun to see the responses on social media. I was definitely surprised at the non-Carolina fans that said they liked it, even though they hated us :) Hope you all like it...like following Carolina sports, it was a labor of love. Go Cocks!
Wow that’s truly awesome - you need to figure out a way to get it somewhere appropriate for public viewage - I wanna see it

We have a serviceable stadium and great parking. The North end zone needs to be redone. Take that monstrosity off the top of it; build an inside concourse that connects both sides of the stadium. Replace all seating with box seats. Lower the playing field to afford better viewing from the lower seats. And there's something wrong when your "great" stadium has porta-johns inside its confines, as we have a couple of places on the East side. Is that enough specificity for you?

North end zone "monstrosity"?

Inside concourse: This would only add additional unwanted crowding to the west side concourses.

Box Seats????????????????

There is no way to lower the field unless you lost maybe 15 -20 rows of end zone seats. The sideline areas, especially on the west side are already very limited. Lowering fields is a consideration for stadiums, Duke and U. of Wash. come to mind, where there are running tracks between the stands and field.

I totally agree that the upper east side concourse is terrible. I remember sitting in east club for a game some 6-8 yrs.ago. I went out to the concourse at halftime and you could hardly move.

North end zone "monstrosity"?

Inside concourse: This would only add additional unwanted crowding to the west side concourses.

Box Seats????????????????

There is no way to lower the field unless you lost maybe 15 -20 rows of end zone seats. The sideline areas, especially on the west side are already very limited. Lowering fields is a consideration for stadiums, Duke and U. of Wash. come to mind, where there are running tracks between the stands and field.

I totally agree that the upper east side concourse is terrible. I remember sitting in east club for a game some 6-8 yrs.ago. I went out to the concourse at halftime and you could hardly move.
Lowering the field won't cost you any seats. Ohio State did it and it didn't cost them any. And they took their track out when they did it. A new inside concourse in the north end-zone with concessions and restrooms would actually reduce crowding on our present concourses, plus people would still be able to enjoy being in the arena as the game goes on.

And why not box seats? Too many lard-asses?

Just for curiosity, what do you mean "the metal lower decks in the South, North, and West"?

Lowering the field won't cost you any seats. Ohio State did it and it didn't cost them any. And they took their track out when they did it. A new inside concourse in the north end-zone with concessions and restrooms would actually reduce crowding on our present concourses, plus people would still be able to enjoy being in the arena as the game goes on.

And why not box seats? Too many lard-asses?

Did you even read my reply concerning lower the playing field? I did not realize that there was a track at Williams Brice between the sidelines and the field that could be removed. .

Queenie, you have no filter, posting before thinking.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Did you even read my reply concerning lower the playing field? I did not realize that there was a track at Williams Brice between the sidelines and the field that could be removed. .

Queenie, you have no filter, posting before thinking.
I read your vapid screed. I never said there was such a track and it was not I who first mentioned the subject of tracks around any football field. That was you. And it was not I who introduced name-calling into the discussion, either. But when you mentioned "tracks", I referred to Ohio State, which had both lowered the field and removed a track to enhance the field area for football and to afford better viewing. Lowering the field is both doable and desirable, inasmuch as the bottom two or three rows of seats on three sides of our stadium provide worm's eye views of the action. There would be no loss of stadium floor area because I'm not talking about adding rows of seats at the bottom, but having the current bottom rows situated higher with relation to field level. I trust you can assimilate this.

I read your vapid screed. I never said there was such a track and it was not I who first mentioned the subject of tracks around any football field. That was you. And it was not I who introduced name-calling into the discussion, either. But when you mentioned "tracks", I referred to Ohio State, which had both lowered the field and removed a track to enhance the field area for football and to afford better viewing. Lowering the field is both doable and desirable, inasmuch as the bottom two or three rows of seats on three sides of our stadium provide worm's eye views of the action. There would be no loss of stadium floor area because I'm not talking about adding rows of seats at the bottom, but having the current bottom rows situated higher with relation to field level. I trust you can assimilate this.
Can we get your thoughts on Clemson stadium?

Just for curiosity, what do you mean "the metal lower decks in the South, North, and West"?

The East lower stands are metal - probably an alloy (steel) and are part of the ORIGINAL stadium that was built by the W.P.A. in 1934. The lower South stands are also metal and were added in 1948. The North stands enclosed the stadium and were (are) also metal-type and were added in 1958. All other stands in W-B are concrete.

Last edited:
Can we get your thoughts on Clemson stadium?
Nice setting. Beyond that, nothing at all special. Very pedestrian. The lowest seats are better than our lowest seats except for those on one side of our stadium. The top of the upper decks are a long, long way from the action. Concessions and restrooms are average. On the periphery, parking and traffic are terrible.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT