ADVERTISEMENT

Man is the OC search front quiet !

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
absent of chatter means either

We will keep it in house

We have locked up a candidate that may have a Bowl game to do.

Hmmm! :(

Reactions: cockofdawn
The downside of being so quiet is that's how all the RichRod nonsense got started and our fan base almost did a Tennessee.
Well, that's our fanbase's fault for freaking out and being emotional wrecks about it. I never once thought he was a real candidate and definitely knew he was not offered the job, though I know I'm one the very small minority that had no issues with the head coaching search. Muschamp was always the guy I wanted.

Well, that's our fanbase's fault for freaking out and being emotional wrecks about it. I never once thought he was a real candidate and definitely knew he was not offered the job, though I know I'm one the very small minority that had no issues with the head coaching search. Muschamp was always the guy I wanted.
I just hated he was able to give us a black eye by lying about it.

I just hated he was able to give us a black eye by lying about it.
I hear you, but I don't think anybody in the industry who really matters cares about it and knew better, anyway. I believe Tanner is very respected by his peers.

Waiting until after the bowl shows me he wants BMac. Most of the high profile OCs will have jobs by the time now season is over. Muschamp said that BMac had an opportunity to get the job. I assume if the O plays well he will get it. I’m not a fan of giving someone 4 weeks to prepare for a test and letting that be the determining factor. Bowls are weird games sometimes and a good performance may not lead to future results.

Waiting until after the bowl shows me he wants BMac. Most of the high profile OCs will have jobs by the time now season is over. Muschamp said that BMac had an opportunity to get the job. I assume if the O plays well he will get it. I’m not a fan of giving someone 4 weeks to prepare for a test and letting that be the determining factor. Bowls are weird games sometimes and a good performance may not lead to future results.
Most high profile coordinators will wait until after bowl season. Memphis OC left early sure....but who do you really think was calling those plays...him or Norvell? Even if he was...no doubt that Norvell can as it is his offense.

The one plus is what better test than going up against a defense that statistically is better than Clemson and UGA. If our offense can move the ball on Michigan that's a very good sign. I just don't want us to look so predictable and inept anymore, that was my biggest complaint. I would like to see more formations, schemes the defense might not be ready for, just show me you're trying to be creative instead of running the same old junk over and over.

I would have thought there would be reports of interviews and contact with candidates. I hope i am wrong but still think it stays in house. That is taking a huge chance if it were to come to pass.

Maybe Ray has had some influence in how to do this without playing it out in the press. Anything at this point is just speculation.

We will keep it in house

I think the hope is that our interim OC does a good job to merit being made OC next season. If things go really bad at bowl time, expect search mode to turn up a few notches. Plenty out there, plenty of time.

I think they have specific targets, my guess is Bowl game distractions are being avioided, which is a good way to handle it..
Why doesn't anyone else have a problem hiring an OC or DC from a bowl team? Heck they are getting hired from playoff teams. Nothing wrong with hiring someone and letting them coach the bowl.

Reactions: Poultry King
@BCrawford247: ESPN's @ESPNRittenberg reporting Will Muschamp expected to chat with UCLA's Jedd Fisch and Toledo's Brian Wright about OC opening. (Wright's a name we gave out a week ago).

I'm not a fan of giving it to the co-oc of probably the worse offense in SC history either

Worst offense in S.C. history? How about ‘99 Lou’s first year
LOL...aghhh...thanks for that trip down memory lane! God bless Mr. Pinkins but that was truly dreadful. Looked like a D end playing QB.

It's quiet because Will was pissed the Roper firing leaked before he wanted it. So they have taken precautions to keep this quiet particularly given they did tell BMac he will have a shot. The only thing I know is that they have done some interviews. But this will be done quietly.

Reactions: lawcalcock
@BCrawford247: ESPN's @ESPNRittenberg reporting Will Muschamp expected to chat with UCLA's Jedd Fisch and Toledo's Brian Wright about OC opening. (Wright's a name we gave out a week ago).
I've done my homework and I think both of these are subpar hires... I think McClendon has a lot more upside than these guys.

We will keep it in house

If Muschamp and Tanner don't have a verbal agreement with their guy by now we are in serious trouble...The reason it's quiet should be that a deal in done...Hopefully it will be announced right after the bowl game

I've done my homework and I think both of these are subpar hires... I think McClendon has a lot more upside than these guys.

We are all appreciative of McClendon being on our staff...I hope he is here for a long time...But if he has so much upside as an OC, why wasn't he more help to Roper??

We are all appreciative of McClendon being on our staff...I hope he is here for a long time...But if he has so much upside as an OC, why wasn't he more help to Roper??
Since the word on the street is that Roper was fired for ignoring Muschamp's explicit requests for things to emphasize on Offense, I'm going out on a limb and guessing McClendon didn't really have much influence either. He is known for a high-speed, push push offense... I haven't seen that so I'm guessing he wasn't calling plays.

Reactions: cockyferg
Since the word on the street is that Roper was fired for ignoring Muschamp's explicit requests for things to emphasize on Offense, I'm going out on a limb and guessing McClendon didn't really have much influence either. He is known for a high-speed, push push offense... I haven't seen that so I'm guessing he wasn't calling plays.

If BMac is the guy, i hope what you are hearing is true...Watching Roper's playcalling and the lack of execution made me want to pull my hair out

LOL...aghhh...thanks for that trip down memory lane! God bless Mr. Pinkins but that was truly dreadful. Looked like a D end playing QB.
Phil Petty was QB in '99. When he wasn't injured and dragged off after the 7th or 8th jailbreak sack of a game. I think Goodman was his unfortunate backup that year.

I'm gonna have to see to believe we haven't been trying to run the Indy 500 in a UPS delivery van. Maybe it was Roper. Maybe not.

This has Whammy promotion written all over it.

We averaged less than 10 pts a game. The only bright side was the defense played well and kept us from getting blown out. Pinkins however was not the qb, it was a combination of Petty, Goodman, Sides and maybe even one more

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT