ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Lattimore

The Pacific Northwest is absolutely beautiful . Portland is a fantastic city to live in before the freaking Walking Dead episode that is 2020 happened . He’s got money so maybe he just loves the area . As much as Marcus did for USC he can do whatever the heck he wants as far as I’m concerned .

The Pacific Northwest is absolutely beautiful . Portland is a fantastic city to live in before the freaking self imposed by their own leadership Walking Dead episode that is 2020 happened . He’s got money so maybe he just loves the area . As much as Marcus did for USC he can do whatever the heck he wants as far as I’m concerned .

FIFY

Just seems like a guy with his skill, character, morals would be of more value to a coaching staff. People like Jay Graham are making triple as a running backs coach. I don’t see what would make Jay any more qualified than Marcus. That’s the root of the questions of why. At least for me.
But knowing Marcus he probably isn’t interested in getting into the 365/recruiting, long hours responsibilities of a full time coach. Just give him enough to live on and let him help others. I wish him the best regardless.

Some guys just need to get out of state. His wife worked for a marketing company downtown. I just got the impression from her they needed a change of scenery. I left SC for 16 years and went to New York. Came back later in life after establishing a career. Marcus had a brief stint in San Fran but outside of that not for very long. The guy gave his legs to SC this is a place he will always be able to come back too. When he's ready.

Some guys just need to get out of state. His wife worked for a marketing company downtown. I just got the impression from her they needed a change of scenery. I left SC for 16 years and went to New York. Came back later in life after establishing a career. Marcus had a brief stint in San Fran but outside of that not for very long. The guy gave his legs to SC this is a place he will always be able to come back too. When he's ready.
I hope this the case, I love ML and wish him the best.

Reactions: nikolas22
The Pacific Northwest is absolutely beautiful . Portland is a fantastic city to live in before the freaking Walking Dead episode that is 2020 happened . He’s got money so maybe he just loves the area . As much as Marcus did for USC he can do whatever the heck he wants as far as I’m concerned .
I've been up there and it is absolutely stunning. If it wasn't for family being in the southeast, I would probably move to the Pacific Northwest, really don't care where. I could do North Cal, Oregon, or Washington.

My next purchase will be in the Pacific Northwest. I've been up and down the west coast. I don't care so much for California. My preference is Seattle metro. Inside the Seattle metro, my fav is Tacoma. I keep watching real estate in the area. I love the Stadium district for those of you who know Tacoma. The theater district is a cool area also. In the last 5 years, real estate has seemed to almost double in Tacoma.

The people of Tacoma are not as posh as they are in Seattle (Ballard, Upper Queen Anne).

My next purchase will be in the Pacific Northwest. I've been up and down the west coast. I don't care so much for California. My preference is Seattle metro. Inside the Seattle metro, my fav is Tacoma. I keep watching real estate in the area. I love the Stadium district for those of you who know Tacoma. The theater district is a cool area also. In the last 5 years, real estate has seemed to almost double in Tacoma.

The people of Tacoma are not as posh as they are in Seattle (Ballard, Upper Queen Anne).
I spent a month in Puyallup in the summer of '18. The whole SEATAC area is a traffic nightmare and there is a substantial migration out of that area. You have to check all the boxes....taxes, etc. I'd do a staycay in that area before I bought any property.

So, he' the RB coach in addition to life coach ... I guess that makes more sense to me if he wants to coach on the field but not have the pressure of earning $500K+/year doing it.

Not too sure how I'd feel about him as the position coach here because of the business end in getting fired due to staff turnover.

Notable alumni include Monica Lewinsky, current Governor of Oregon, Kate Brown, and the Minister of State of the UAE.

Perhaps this proves poetic for Marcus and Miranda. I hope they win a lot of ball games and Marcus completes his graduate studies in the process. Looks like they offer programs right inside his wheelhouse.

Last edited:
With the West Coast's governing structure, there won't be much left in years to come.

I know. I mean, they're having a tough time of it out there. Of course those three states comprise about 18.6% of the US GDP (equal to that of NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, AR, TN and MO combined), but they can't do anything right out there (except prop up states with a "successful" governing structure I suppose).

I know. I mean, they're having a tough time of it out there. Of course those three states comprise about 18.6% of the US GDP (equal to that of NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, AR, TN and MO combined), but they can't do anything right out there (except prop up states with a "successful" governing structure I suppose).
Right. They ought to welcome the opportunity to be on their own. I know I would love it for them.

Marcus can do whatever he wants. He is a grown man. But Marcus had it made in SC. Even the Clemson folks liked him which is a high bar to leap over for a player from USC. Personally, Marcus kind lost he luster in my mind when he decided to go full social justice warrior a few months ago. I guess he is probably trying to find his identity as football fades further into the rear view mirror for him. So be it. But considering

Marcus can do whatever he wants. He is a grown man. But Marcus had it made in SC. Even the Clemson folks liked him which is a high bar to leap over for a player from USC. Personally, Marcus kind lost he luster in my mind when he decided to go full social justice warrior a few months ago. I guess he is probably trying to find his identity as football fades further into the rear view mirror for him. So be it. But considering
This is my favorite thing recently with Lattimore and this board. In March of 2020 when he discusses his experience with the police he’s an innocent victim and the police should be fired for racially profiling Marcus and his wife. In May of 2020 he discusses the same types of things happening to other people and he’s a “social justice warrior that should stick to football”.

Just seems like a guy with his skill, character, morals would be of more value to a coaching staff. People like Jay Graham are making triple as a running backs coach. I don’t see what would make Jay any more qualified than Marcus. That’s the root of the questions of why. At least for me.
But knowing Marcus he probably isn’t interested in getting into the 365/recruiting, long hours responsibilities of a full time coach. Just give him enough to live on and let him help others. I wish him the best regardless.

I think you are on to something re: the 365/recruiting, long hours responsibilities of a full time coach.
It's my understanding that Eddie Fogler did not like recruiting, but enjoyed teaching. And I posted to threads stating that EF may have done well at a D-III school, where there's no recruiting and no athletic scholarships granted.

If the Lattimores have the $$$, he wishes to teach and have that positive impact on college students all while not under the South Carolina spotlite, sounds like a great gig.

I suppose comparisons with Kaepernick would be in order, using that rationale.

Reactions: howard13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT