ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Robinson

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Anybody know why he didn't have better numbers when he played here? One of the biggest mistakes in my opinion that both woods and Scott made was not using this guy in the offense enough, he's probably the most underutilized player we've had at least since I've been watching Carolina football, I mean when we did throw him the ball, he was explosive, unless I'm mistaken, his last year he led the SEC in yards per catch, not to mention he did go on to have a solid 10-year career in the NFL including the Pro Bowl year when he played for the Bears. Just felt like they could have done a better job putting the ball in his hands especially with defenses having to concentrate on Staley running the ball, what was the deal was he just not a consistent player or something, just always been a mystery to me why he didn't really put up some numbers when he was here.

He was pretty good at SC. I’d say his issue at SC was the same as it’s been almost every year SC has struggled and that’s the OLines back in those days were pretty bad.

Zola Davis also ate up a lot of targets. He set Freshman records as SC in Robinson’s Junior season. Robinson was used more as a deep ball guy it seemed.

He also probably lost touches with Staley being in the backfield as you mentioned. But also having Troy Hambrick as well. Both of those guys were solid RBs.

But agree with your point. I think a coach like Spurrier would’ve found a way to target Robinson as often as possible.

I was a basketball gym rat in college. After football season, lots of football players came to the Blatt and played pick up ball. It was usually great competition playing with them, as they were bigger, stronger, and more athletic than the regular pick up player at Blatt.
Marcus Robinson was one of the best athletes on that team. Given his size, his quickness, and his leaping ability, he was definitely underutilized. He would put on these amazing, effortless dunking exhibitions between games. Athletically, he, Anthony Wright, and Chris Alford were the toughest to defend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT