ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Alstork announcing at 2:45 today

His Instagram says he's going live at 3pm....my goodness, I've become "that guy" following an athlete around on social media...

Reactions: 92Pony
Illinois

We'll be alright.
Surprising. Everything I have heard had him coming our way. He could have really helped us next year. Hopefully we pick-up the UNC Wilm. player. He's down to us and NC State. As most of you know, his coach left UNC Wilm. for NC State so most think he's heading to Raleigh. He would have to sit out next year.

We really won't be alright. Frank can't get big time guys here on a consistent enough basis. I keep saying he is a good but not great coach. That was a nice, fluke run to the Final 4, but we won't even make the tourney for the next couple of years. I'm sorry about it, and I have nothing against Frank personally, but it was a mistake to extend his contract. We should be doing all we can to get Gregg Marshall, but we won't. Just be happy with making the tourney every 5 or 6 years under Frank.

Sure gets old. We can forget the UNCW transfer. He will follow his old coach to State and play in the ACC.

We really won't be alright. Frank can't get big time guys here on a consistent enough basis. I keep saying he is a good but not great coach. That was a nice, fluke run to the Final 4, but we won't even make the tourney for the next couple of years. I'm sorry about it, and I have nothing against Frank personally, but it was a mistake to extend his contract. We should be doing all we can to get Gregg Marshall, but we won't. Just be happy with making the tourney every 5 or 6 years under Frank.
Idiot alert!!

Nope. I just don't do the sunshine goose step like the ignorant Gamecock gestapo that refuses to embrace the truth.

Reactions: drawplay000
jsuscMember
Nope. I just don't do the sunshine goose step like the ignorant Gamecock gestapo that refuses to embrace the truth.

20 8 minutes ago

That's not the "truth". That's your opinion of what will happen. We don't really know what the truth is.

Marshall's gone. We could've had him a couple of times previously but passed...some liked it, some didn't. But that's water under the bridge....it's my understanding that he's not coming here.

You want some of this?
86611f5f58cd1821f64274ffbdb7b07b

Please pay attention: not a fluke run. He out coached and out developed the Duke team. No way we should have competed with Duke without good coaching and player development. Look at the improvement the Lithuanians made after playing for Coach Resting Mad Face for four years. He is a keeper.

Nobody but bluebloods can replace good with good.
The chemistry of the 17-18 team is more of a concern than getting the prized transfer. Silva, Felder, and Gravette know the ropes, and are great examples of the work ehic required by FM.
Our horrible coach only goes after work ethic, talent, and kids with PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY.
We will still be good, just breaking in hardnosed freshmen.
Everything will be fun to watch, and I guarantee improvement week to week. Minaya and Haase will contribute early and often. Holden and Felder are studs.
One last point. We HAD 3 really good freshmen two years ago. They didn't do the right things. He gave them several chances. Our program took a hit, but their schoolies gave us players doing IT the right way.

Ah, the Frank-haters slinking back out now that a little time has passed since our FF appearance. I believe he could win it all and people on here would still say he can't coach and we need GM the savior.

Nobody but bluebloods can replace good with good.
The chemistry of the 17-18 team is more of a concern than getting the prized transfer. Silva, Felder, and Gravette know the ropes, and are great examples of the work ehic required by FM.
Our horrible coach only goes after work ethic, talent, and kids with PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY.
We will still be good, just breaking in hardnosed freshmen.
Everything will be fun to watch, and I guarantee improvement week to week. Minaya and Haase will contribute early and often. Holden and Felder are studs.
One last point. We HAD 3 really good freshmen two years ago. They didn't do the right things. He gave them several chances. Our program took a hit, but their schoolies gave us players doing IT the right way.

Silva, Felder, and Gravette know the ropes, and are great examples of the work ehic required by FM.

Absolutely!

Just face it guys, Frank can only recruit well to get us to the Final Four every five years. I mean maybe one day he gets lucky and makes it 2 or 3 times in five years. It's just something we have to accept.

I'll take a final four appearance every 5 years. Its not like we have been getting there regularly anyway.

nobait.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT