ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Kingston is a great hire period

I'm happy to be trying something different, I think their is reason for optimism and have broken it down with some different analysis in another post.

At the same time i wont bash anyone that disagrees, and is proceeding with caution and is not dancing in the streets. I get that to.

get-along.gif

Montee Lee didn't come from a power 5 school. He was at the College of Charleston.
Wasn't O Sullivan an assistant at CU when UF hired him?

Does anyone know whether or not he is bringing his pitching coach frim USF or not

He deserves a fair chance and that's what we are giving him. This is a big job, we are the Alabama of college baseball. With that comes very high expectations that we expect to be met. He's getting paid very handsomely and inherited a program most would dream of having the opportunity to coach. I'm not ready to name any streets or buildings after him, but I do plan on supporting him and giving him a chance until he proves me otherwise.

His reputation is the brightest young HBC in the business,,,Some of our silly fans need to grow up...Lurking taters nees to shut up

I can't find anything bad about him. A Gator fan from Tampa said that if sully left, this is who they would hire in a heartbeat. He has coached on national championship teams, been recruiting coordinator in southeast, won 40+ games at schools that have no history of such.

Plus, Mike Morgan, Aaron Fitt, and Kendall Rogers applaud the hire. About as up on college baseball as anyone.

I would not be surprised for us to make a super regional next year.

He deserves a fair chance and that's what we are giving him. This is a big job, we are the Alabama of college baseball. With that comes very high expectations that we expect to be met. He's getting paid very handsomely and inherited a program most would dream of having the opportunity to coach. I'm not ready to name any streets or buildings after him, but I do plan on supporting him and giving him a chance until he proves me otherwise.
hear hear

We are a really good program, but I wouldn't go as far as saying we are the Alabama of college baseball. I'd say LSU is the AL of college baseball. Perhaps when we've won 7-8 NC's like they have, and haven't missed the tourney in a gazillion years, we can say that, but I get what you're saying.

And Bama would not have considered Willie Taggert if Saban retired

I can't find anything bad about him. A Gator fan from Tampa said that if sully left, this is who they would hire in a heartbeat. He has coached on national championship teams, been recruiting coordinator in southeast, won 40+ games at schools that have no history of such.

Plus, Mike Morgan, Aaron Fitt, and Kendall Rogers applaud the hire. About as up on college baseball as anyone.

Aren't those the same accolades Chad had?

We are a really good program, but I wouldn't go as far as saying we are the Alabama of college baseball. I'd say LSU is the AL of college baseball. Perhaps when we've won 7-8 NC's like they have, and haven't missed the tourney in a gazillion years, we can say that, but I get what you're saying.
Historically, LSU, Texas, and Cal State Fullerton would all be considered the "Alabama of College Baseball" before we would. We're probably more like the "Ohio State of College Baseball,"

Aren't those the same accolades Chad had?

If you can't tell the difference between Kingston and Chad, you are blind.

And no, I never heard these pundits call chad a "can't miss" ACC SEC coach. I remember the day he was hired and there were people in the baseball world who were big fans but concerned about whether he was ready for this big of a show.

This guy is bringing in his formula, not trying to run the previous coach's.

Nothing similar about the 2 aside they played for UnCarolina.

Reactions: rogue cock
If you can't tell the difference between Kingston and Chad, you are blind.

And no, I never heard these pundits call chad a "can't miss" ACC SEC coach. I remember the day he was hired and there were people in the baseball world who were big fans but concerned about whether he was ready for this big of a show.

This guy is bringing in his formula, not trying to run the previous coach's.

Nothing similar about the 2 aside they played for UnCarolina.
Maybe he does well

BIG JUMP from S Illinois st and USF to the sec and 2x NC dugout

And Bama would not have considered Willie Taggert if Saban retired
That's why I asked in another post if Ray had an obsession with USF coaches or something. Seems like that's the first place he goes to interview a coach.haha

Watching the press conference:

Poised
Professional
Speaks very well
No difficulty or hesitation in answering the questions
Disciplined
When asked about his offensive philosophy, he said "Speed" and "Power Hitting."
He will certainly represent the University very well.
Lets hope he can help us recover quickly from the last five years.

If you don't mind... I like to take a wait and see with Mark Kingston....

We all know Tanner knows baseball...But, with Chad... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on us....
If you don't mind... I like to take a wait and see with Mark Kingston....

We all know Tanner knows baseball...But, with Chad... Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on us....
chad was absolutely the right choice at the time...did it work out? no, at least not in the time frame our fans give

Reactions: atl-cock
chad was absolutely the right choice at the time...did it work out? no, at least not in the time frame our fans give

I agree that Chad was the right choice at the time, and I'm sorry that it didn't work out - sorry for Chad and his family, for our players, our administration and for us fans.

But I don't think the time frame 'our fans give' is fair or accurate. I'd say it didn't work out within the timeframe that a premier program such as ours dictates. You can't allow a 5-year downward trend to occur without making a change. You let something like that go on, and yes, maybe in another 5 years he turns it around. Maybe not. From what I saw, probably not. But this ain't no newbie coach training ground. This is the big time.

So Kingston may turn out to be our next Ray Tanner, or he may turn out to be our next Darrin Horne, or maybe something in between. Either way I'm excited about our future under Kingston and am throwing all of my support behind him.

Until he loses his first series to Clempson....then he's gotta go! ;)

Reactions: tigercock#

I was right there with you until the last sentence. I think we are lacking the talent to make it to a super next year (unless we have some Fr come in a'la Cortes). If CMK gets us into a super next year, I think that will prove he's a whale of a coach........and I hope he does it!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT