ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall Game - Hurricane Florence

Is there anyway this thing could swing northeast, then veer hard west and sit on top of Davis, WV? Asking for a buddy up there who only has a landline and no TV or internet.

Thanks,
Proph

The 11 am update has the "cone of uncertainty" now covering SC. They basically don't know what it will do once it gets closer to the coast. It could possibly be pushed farther south.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/092646.shtml?cone#contents
IOW's, ya never know until ya know! Thing is, they're also expecting this storm to just stall right after it cruises onto land. Gonna be some flooding issues. Even if the damned thing centers over Raliegh, NC, still gonna be a lot of rain in SC!

My grandparents lived in Camden at the time, on Mt. Zion Road on the Cassatt side of town. Daddy had to literally cut his way to their house once he got off the interstate at exit 98. He said there were lots of folks out on the back roads with chainsaws trying to get to family. Thankfully we only lost one of the 4 oaks in the front yard, and it fell away from the house.

I'm in Camden in the same house not too far from Cassatt, and I'm not surprised. I'm terrified. I think with Hugo I had no idea what we were in for. So ignorance got me through. I know now what it sounds like: a plane sitting on top of my house for what felt like hours, hearing booms that were probably trees or power lines. Lost a car, 8 trees, fencing...Horrible.

GOCOCKS! BEATMARSHALL!

I'm in Camden in the same house not too far from Cassatt, and I'm not surprised. I'm terrified. I think with Hugo I had no idea what we were in for. So ignorance got me through. I know now what it sounds like: a plane sitting on top of my house for what felt like hours, hearing booms that were probably trees or power lines. Lost a car, 8 trees, fencing...Horrible.

GOCOCKS! BEATMARSHALL!
My mom sat thru the exact same sort of circumstances down in the lower part of Lancaster County. Camden not being but less than 20 miles from where she was at back then, then I assume you and she experienced the same!

Just sayin'.

Reactions: chick75

All these models are drunk at this point.

ZACTLY!!! They honestly have no idea in regards to what is actually going to occur - just a somewhat educated guess is about it in regards to that particular "model" of a report!!

we could wear swim suits this Saturday and introduce another uniform option ???
I got mine ready and am Praticing my Tailgate moves..

giphy.gif

I've been bummed out over the state of the program since last Saturday.

But I just looked at the path projections and this looks awful. Literally we have a good chance of getting more rain than the extreme rain event of a few years ago. For god's sakes some places are projected to get 25-30 inches. Then with the size of it, and its slow movement high winds are going to last a lot longer than the usual hurricane.

One model I saw had the storm landing between Myrtle Beach and Wilmington then tracking OVER Columbia, then Anderson.

That's going to change no doubt, but a football game just doesn't matter at this point, and is a total distraction.

And uh..., I've been a Debbie Downer lately, but we've been through this before. Would it surprise anyone to see a situation where most of the Midlands is without power for about a week, and it takes a couple of weeks to get everyone back up? With Law Enforcement being stretched to the limit for close to a month?

Even after the storm passes, I'm not so sure the next game is going to be played at Williams-Brice either. This much rain and so much has to be done to restore normal life. We've seen it all before.

Anyway, aside from the Georgia game fallout, this one just needs to be cancelled.

We're well aware of where Hugo hit. 29 years but like yesterday.

He's speaking as to the similar strength of the storms, not the path.

Oh, I remembered Hugo all too well...

I was living in Beaufort in 1989 (b.i.) and at the time Hugo was looking to come straight through Hilton Head and I was on the ER response at that time... Being new person on the block, I was 2nd to the last person to leave....

I stayed almost to the end and headed out with a car full of stuff and my little kitty... Talking about being scared... I was scared...

Between packing and heading out, I was looking for the surge of water around me and didn't see it. Hopped on I-95 and the made my way to Columbia. I was grateful for Carroll Campbell to open all lanes on I-26 from Charleston to Columbia...

b.i. (Before Internet)

Remember Lou's 1st game against NCstate? How much rain was that ?

I can't for the life of me figure out why SC has not cancelled this game. This is crazy guys. I want to be at the game but this is nuts. Im just shocked this hasn't been cancelled.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Well, my fear from last Saturday came true. But main thing is the safety of everyone in the path of the storm. Scary stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT