ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall make-up

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
I think we canceled Georgia Tech home and away in 2020/2021, could schedule Marshall home and away, be a pretty cool road trip. Make it happen Ray.

I think we canceled Georgia Tech home and away in 2020/2021, could schedule Marshall home and away, be a pretty cool road trip. Make it happen Ray.

Just for curiosity, why did we cancel the home and away games with GT?

Yall didnt want your Dlines knees broken. Smart move. Their Oline has perfected rolling up dlinemans legs.
If they actually do this, it is very poor sportsmanship, and if proven, should be penalized.

If they actually do this, it is very poor sportsmanship, and if proven, should be penalized.
It's known that teams running the triple option tend to utilize chop blocking methods. There have been new rules in place this year that should cut down on teams abilities to do that and will likely lead to less teams running that style of offense.

Some people don`t seem to realize that there are no sure wins on our schedule other than UTC. Vandy? Uh, how many points is Notre Dame favored by. Kentucky? Unless Florida is really bad, which I doubt, Wildcats are good. A&M? You saw it - perhaps a push-off or a pylon away from beating Clemson. Ole Miss? Do you think we would have scored 76 points on the team they played? Tennessee? Oh they`re no good...yeah...since win can we count UT as an automatic win. Not so easy. Missouri? If we haven`t learned by now what an excellent QB can do...don`t know what would help you. So...if we schedule another team, schedule a sure win. If we lose a make-up game that would be the most foolish thing I can think of.

Reactions: Judson1
I don’t see how GT fans can watch that offense. I don’t care if they do win 7-8 games a year it’s so freakin boring.

I don’t see how GT fans can watch that offense. I don’t care if they do win 7-8 games a year it’s so freakin boring.
It depends a lot on the QB's abilities. I used to love watching Syracuse run the triple option when Donovan McNabb was the QB. I also enjoyed watching Nebraska run it when Tommy Frazier was there.

ADVERTISEMENT