ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Rudolph playing lights out, OkieSt is rolling...

We did not, thought he was talented enough
Always pull for a S. C. kid unless he opposes us. This question about his recruitment has been answered about 15 times previously on the board. IMO. the biggest error made by a USC coaching staff was passing on Joe Hamilton, a SC kid, who took GT to a lot of wins. Instead of Hamilton, fatso brought in his choice at qb. A kid from Fl., who never played a down for us at qb.

Always pull for a S. C. kid unless he opposes us. This question about his recruitment has been answered about 15 times previously on the board. IMO. the biggest error made by a USC coaching staff was passing on Joe Hamilton, a SC kid, who took GT to a lot of wins. Instead of Hamilton, fatso brought in his choice at qb. A kid from Fl., who never played a down for us at qb.

Jason Pomar is the guy you're thinking of, turned out to be a good closer for the baseball team, nOT qb though as you eluded to. I agree with your thoughts on Joe Hamilton 100%. If you're recruiting a position and two players are close in talent , always, always , go with the instate guy. Because we passed on Hamilton , we had no shot with his cousin , Courtney Love , the #1 player coming out of HS the next year. It also cost us Harvey Middleton. The only upside for us is that if Brad Scott had signed Joe Hamilton , he would have coached at USC another 5 yrs. and we most certainly would had to suffer through another video, Great Scott ll

Hope Tom Herman loses here on out. He prostituted himself for every open job knowing he'd take the UT job when it came open.

Not true according to Jim Baxter. Our staff told his coaches he would never start for a D1 school. Where did you get your info from, Rudolph would have been perfect for SOS's offense, he's athletic version of Danny Wuerffel.
And how would you know this how...considering he never played in a system other than the spread?

Rudolph is an excellent qb. You may see Oklahoma State in the final four and if so Rudolph would be a big reason. TCU stands in their way, but anything can happen in a conference championship game.
Rudolph is a solid PS QB that can scramble when he has to. He's a perfect fit for OkSt's offense. Then again, the Big 12 hasn't been a great defensive conference in some time to the benefit of MR & OSU.
I thought UT's defense did a great job today and is showing a lot of progress.

Joe Hamilton was from only a single "A" school.

Seeing he's doing so much better than Strong, how's that working for you ?

He is making a lot of improvements that we didn't see under Strong. Curiously, since Strong is known as a defensive coach and Herman an offensive one, it is the defense that has shown great improvement. Longhorns are frustrated the big offensive coach hasn't show more improvement there, but he is hampered by a freshman qb and a bad o-line. Even worse the 3 best players on the o-line have been seriously hurt and the backups suck. So we are pretty confident that things are on the mend, but may take a while.

But however he has turned out, good or bad, he always was upfront about wanting the Texas job. Other schools tried to court him while he was at Houston, some pushing hard, but he wanted Texas. So your prostituting remark makes little sense. He was fending off suitors, not looking for another job.

Rudolph is a solid PS QB that can scramble when he has to. He's a perfect fit for OkSt's offense. Then again, the Big 12 hasn't been a great defensive conference in some time to the benefit of MR & OSU.
I thought UT's defense did a great job today and is showing a lot of progress.

Which has us baffled. Herman has the big scoring and offense rep but can't score over 10 points on a not superstar Oklahoma State defense, yet has our defense playing lights out. We haven't seen a defense this good at Texas in a while, and a lot of them are still young. But Herman's failures on offense are inexplicable.

Which has us baffled. Herman has the big scoring and offense rep but can't score over 10 points on a not superstar Oklahoma State defense, yet has our defense playing lights out. We haven't seen a defense this good at Texas in a while, and a lot of them are still young. But Herman's failures on offense are inexplicable.
I think it bodes well for your team and is a sign of things to come. BTW, who is Herman's DC? (I know I could look it up, but...)
If they can keep the defense strong or build it stronger I am certain Herman will put together an offense that can score in the Big 12. IMO the future looks bright for you.

I think it bodes well for your team and is a sign of things to come. BTW, who is Herman's DC? (I know I could look it up, but...)
If they can keep the defense strong or build it stronger I am certain Herman will put together an offense that can score in the Big 12. IMO the future looks bright for you.

Todd Orlando is the defensive coordinator and he is getting most of the accolades in Austin. Texas fans are very worried he will get a HC job too soon. We know he will be lost eventually to that, but want another year or two with him. The offensive coordinator is Tim Beck and many think he is Herman's Kurt Roper. Roper and Beck may be Muschamp and Herman's demise, but both HC's are too loyal to fire or replace them.

Father of Texas WR Armanti Foreman Criticizes Tom Herman on Twitter

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...anti-foreman-criticizes-tom-herman-on-twitter

Yeah, he isn't helping his son very much. The family was very close to coach Strong and the dad is still chapped about Strong being fired. The answer to that is 6-6, 5-7, & 5-7 including a loss to pitiful Kansas. Anyone watching Texas can see the drastic improvements, especially on defense, but some pro-Strong players like Foreman haven't bought in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT