ADVERTISEMENT

Masters: Best places to see the players up close....

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
# 1...Maybe along the fairway if a player hooks or pushes his tee shot. Around the green is not usually too crowed. Then just walk over to the 8th green/ and or 9th tee box which are good viewing spots.
# 5 Tee box. Don't walk this hole as the first 250 yards is uphill and there's not much to see. Plus you end up around # 6 tee box which is always crowded.
# 11 Tee Box is usually a good place to see players up close.
# 15 Tee Box is usually not too crowed.

Try to see holes 10-11-12-13-15 and 16 as they are the most beautiful.

Enjoy viewing the women. The place even smells great.

If you love golf or just being outside, it's just must be like heaven.

Masters you go to see Augusta National first, Gotta see AMEN Corner, got to get Pimento Cheese sandwich, but if you want to see Players close up, Drive up to Charlotte in a couple weeks Wells Fargo Championship..

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
# 1...Maybe along the fairway if a player hooks or pushes his tee shot. Around the green is not usually too crowed. Then just walk over to the 8th green/ and or 9th tee box which are good viewing spots.
# 5 Tee box. Don't walk this hole as the first 250 yards is uphill and there's not much to see. Plus you end up around # 6 tee box which is always crowded.
# 11 Tee Box is usually a good place to see players up close.
# 15 Tee Box is usually not too crowed.

Try to see holes 10-11-12-13-15 and 16 as they are the most beautiful.

Enjoy viewing the women. The place even smells great.

If you love golf or just being outside, it's just must be like heaven.
I've camped out alongside #14 before. It doesn't get a lot of buzz. So if you want to see players close up without a lot of obstruction or other people to bother you, set up at the landing area of the 14th fairway. Also, it's not too far from the concession area behind the 14th green near the 11th fairway. And you can see the putts on the green. It's a great place to watch golfers and golf, rather than strictly to view scenery.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I've camped out alongside #14 before. It doesn't get a lot of buzz. So if you want to see players close up without a lot of obstruction or other people to bother you, set up at the landing area of the 14th fairway. Also, it's not too far from the concession area behind the 14th green near the 11th fairway. And you can see the putts on the green. It's a great place to watch golfers and golf, rather than strictly to view scenery.

I have a buddy that hangs out on 14 green ever year. Can usually get pretty close there. Good spot.

Reactions: king ward
The far side on the tee box at 10 is good too. I was standing there one day when a lady next to me started yelling at Arnold Palmer just after his tee shot. I knew I was going to jail just because I was standing next to her. The next thing I know, he walks over and she gives him a cup of lemonade. His Driver falls down and lands on my foot. They have this discussion. It was his wife Winnie.

The Masters, by far, is the most well put together sporting event anywhere, professional or amateur, especially with regard to concessions and the treatment of guests.

I am going to disagree with you on this one. From a fan experience, I would put The Open over The Masters. That's no slight, but I went to both in 2015 and thought overall The Open was the better experience of the two.

I've been about three times, but not in the last couple of years, not since the front side changes. But for a regular tour stop, it is a first-rate event.
Man i got a gret Gig. i am a walking scorer for the Tournament. So awesome inside the ropes waliking with them.. You are not gonna believe this but Sergio is my Favorite.. Followed closely by Jason Day..

Reactions: king ward
The Masters, by far, is the most well put together sporting event anywhere, professional or amateur, especially with regard to concessions and the treatment of guests.
I agree. My concern is the caliber of the guests who is admitted through the secondary market. The only control the club has now is that, if anyone misbehaves, that badge can be yanked from the original patron. I hope that serves as a good deterrent.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Had the pleasure of spending 20 minutes with Mr Palmer at a tournament and found him to be very pleasant. Very down to earth. He lit up when asked about his grandkids and talked on like any proud Grandpa.

All you have to do is drive up to Spruce Pine, NC and get all that sand you want! And if you've got the balls to steal it while the tournament is going on, you've got the balls to lie about stealing it from the course! They don't let much get out of hand over there!

All you have to do is drive up to Spruce Pine, NC and get all that sand you want! And if you've got the balls to steal it while the tournament is going on, you've got the balls to lie about stealing it from the course! They don't let much get out of hand over there!
I'm certain that, had this man written the proper letter explaining his desire for the sand, they would have arranged some sand for him. He was just stupid.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I've been about three times, but not in the last couple of years, not since the front side changes. But for a regular tour stop, it is a first-rate event.
Man i got a gret Gig. i am a walking scorer for the Tournament. So awesome inside the ropes waliking with them.. You are not gonna believe this but Sergio is my Favorite.. Followed closely by Jason Day..

I’m a marshal on the first hole and this will be my third year. It’s a great gig, but I’d love to do what you do. That or the guy who walks around with the sign with the players and their scores (can’t remember what it’s called).

I’m a marshal on the first hole and this will be my third year. It’s a great gig, but I’d love to do what you do. That or the guy who walks around with the sign with the players and their scores (can’t remember what it’s called).
standard bearer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT