ADVERTISEMENT

Masters Champ Reed was kicked out of UGA for.....

cisco#1

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
cheating playing golf and stealing from his teammates .... Ouch!
Surprised he didn't transfer to Clemson.

I had a feeling there was more to that story. He enrolled at Augusta U., which is not far from the Augusta National Course.

Wasn't Augusta U's golf team coached by a former Gamecock around the time Reed would have been attending school there?

Reed is by all accounts one of those loner types who carries a chip on his shoulder and doesn't make friends easily. You can blame his father for that. "Captain America" when it comes to international team play, otherwise a very good, but not elite, stroke play player that had some good breaks this week and gets to don the Green Jacket. Too bad Rickie wasted the first 7 holes, otherwise it could have been different.

Well played to Reed nonetheless. Stared down Rory 2x in "head to head" competition.

Reactions: bravecock
Reed is by all accounts one of those loner types who carries a chip on his shoulder and doesn't make friends easily. You can blame his father for that. "Captain America" when it comes to international team play, otherwise a very good, but not elite, stroke play player that had some good breaks this week and gets to don the Green Jacket. Too bad Rickie wasted the first 7 holes, otherwise it could have been different.

Well played to Reed nonetheless. Stared down Rory 2x in "head to head" competition.

Agree. He is not the most popular guy out there but he played clutch golf to win it. Good for him

Def not a cookie-cutter, but seems comfortable in his own skin. We all screw up. Hope he emerges to consistently challenge the current landscape. Be good for golf. The mods were already giving it to Spieth, (and Rory early). All Reed did was- lead the final round from start to finish, and hold off all the elites. Impressive, to say the least.

Last edited:
Dude can clearly play golf and has big talent. He also led Augusta State to back to back D-1 national titles. Beat out Oklahoma State and UGA. Unheard of for such a small school.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET

Rickie had 2 3-putt pars on Friday. If he could have putt on Friday, he would have won by 4. But that's golf.

Also no one in his family has anything to do with him just pull up info on him you wont be glad he won. his teammates didn't like him either.

Also no one in his family has anything to do with him just pull up info on him you wont be glad he won. his teammates didn't like him either.

Just read the story...pretty sad really. He sounds like a spoiled little brat. Not only did the UGA players not like him neither did his Augusta St. players. Apparently they were about to try to get him kicked off the team but his talent was just too good.

Reactions: PokerCock
With endorsements, exemptions, etc, it's worth way more than that.
And that is multiplied over a life time. Winning The Masters is a life changer. He also gets a lifetime exemption to play in the tournament, so every year he will have publicity as a former winner, no matter what he does in the future. That adds endorsement and advertising value to his name.

Sorry to hear this, but hopefully he learned a lesson. Everyone deserves a second chance. The Green jacket and the Master's trophy, CONGRATULATIONS!!

He's had about four second chances. It's all good though as it takes the title of "villain" away from Tiger.

No, he didn't. But he has been there congratulating the winner every single time he finished second...and not making excuses. Says a lot about his character. Hoping he breaks through and wins a major this year....been close too many times.
Sorry, I dont really care...... Close, hmmm..... Okay..

I think what's really going on in Reed's personal life is that his wife is a major league gold digger. She has created the conflict between Reed and his family. That way he won't give them any money.
That may be, but still wouldn't explain why he seems to have no friends on the tour....most of those guys seem to be good friends, except him. This seems to go back further than his wife, as he apparently had the same issues in college. How the heck can you not have any friends on a team with guys you played with for several years?

Well...then you miss a part of what makes the game special....along with Reed and Tiger. Arnie, Jack, Johnny and crew would shake their heads in disgust at that reaction.
I watch Golf to be entertained, Whether it Be Tiger, Rory, Reed, DJ or even Fowler.. I look towards my Pastor for Moral guidance.. I dont care what Tiger did to his wife, I dont care about Phil's gambling, I dont Care about Rahm's Hot head attitiude.. PERIOD..

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
No, he didn't. But he has been there congratulating the winner every single time he finished second...and not making excuses. Says a lot about his character. Hoping he breaks through and wins a major this year....been close too many times.
I hate orange.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Well...then you miss a part of what makes the game special....along with Reed and Tiger. Arnie, Jack, Johnny and crew would shake their heads in disgust at that reaction.
I still love you Rogue, IN A MANLY WAY..
giphy.gif

I watch Golf to be entertained, Whether it Be Tiger, Rory, Reed, DJ or even Fowler.. I look towards my Pastor for Moral guidance.. I dont care what Tiger did to his wife, I dont care about Phil's gambling, I dont Care about Rahm's Hot head attitiude.. PERIOD..

..So i'll take it and hope you don't mind Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the National Anthem..because if you did, you'd be a hypocrite

Reactions: winloseortie
All really good competitive golfers have to have confidence, but quite a few I've known over the years are way over on the cocky side, a-holes, actually, especially when they're young. (Even Bobby Jones ran hot when he was a kid.) I guess that's true in most sports,. This is a generalization, of course -- and most of the young jerks that I knew eventually grew up to be OK. But young guys with character to match their talent -- like Spieth and Fowler --are exceptions that prove the rule.

..So i'll take it and hope you don't mind Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the National Anthem..because if you did, you'd be a hypocrite
Oh that I mind, I would mind if Patrick Reed did it. But what he did in college doesnt bother me, nor does what Colon Craperknick does or did off the field bother me. But If I am PAYING to watch them play, While they are working for me, that is what matters.

All really good competitive golfers have to have confidence, but quite a few I've known over the years are way over on the cocky side, a-holes, actually, especially when they're young. (Even Bobby Jones ran hot when he was a kid.) I guess that's true in most sports,. This is a generalization, of course -- and most of the young jerks that I knew eventually grew up to be OK. But young guys with character to match their talent -- like Spieth and Fowler --are exceptions that prove the rule.
I have met many, and the one of the biggest Pricks out there is Justin Thomas, i am sure he will get better with age, but he was a little Spoiled brat, at least back a couple yeras ago..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT