ADVERTISEMENT

Masters Tickets

radcock

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Aug 2, 1998
applied for 20th straight year...expect same results.

I luck into tickets every 2-3 years and have since college.

I spent a good bit of money one year to rent a house, get badges for weds-sun, and have access to hospitality tent right across the street with open bar and catered food. Pretty expensive though, worth it once in a lifetime.

I have never been to the Super Bowl, but I suspect the Masters is better.

Reactions: kidrobinski

I spent a good bit of money one year to rent a house, get badges for weds-sun, and have access to hospitality tent right across the street with open bar and catered food. Pretty expensive though, worth it once in a lifetime.

Been to two Super Bowls and hated it both times. The game has no rhythm just a few plays and then a long pause for commercials. In the stadium when I went, you didn’t see the commercials. So it was this long pause. It must be hard for the players. The Masters is my favorite of all sporting events although the World Series I saw when the Braves were good were special. Nice those are played on home fields.

Been to two Super Bowls and hated it both times. The game has no rhythm just a few plays and then a long pause for commercials. In the stadium when I went, you didn’t see the commercials. So it was this long pause. It must be hard for the players. The Masters is my favorite of all sporting events although the World Series I saw when the Braves were good were special. Nice those are played on home fields.

I bought into a box in the Georgia Dome for our SEC championship beatdown and to watch the Falcon's get hammered...same year...partied like a rockstar but games sucked terribly.

Honestly, I enjoy Gamecock Park in Premium North and South better than anywhere in the world. We buy spots on The Grove and other road games....as bad as the team can be, we have it good here. Hope it continues, but afraid we are in for a rude awakening.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I’ve been blessed to be able to attend the Masters 6 times (family member has 2 badges). It’s just a different kind of experience compared to all the other sporting events I’ve attended. One thing that always strikes me is how many international folks are there. That and good food and drink at 80’s prices. Of course I bankrupt myself buying shirts etc every time.

I’ve been to The Masters 8 times in last 10 years. Usually go on Thursday, but last year went on Sunday.

I usually spend about $400 on shirts, jackets, hats, and a few other souvenirs. My favorite is my Masters umbrella and my duffel bag. My son told me today he couldn’t wait to get his 2020 cup. We have a cabinet full of them going back years.

My wife’s dad has had 4 badges since the mid 1960s. My kids have been 4-5 times. This year my Daughter is going with me for the first time. As of now, we plan to attend Saturday Nov 14th.

Reactions: king ward
Panthers/Pat's Super Bowl was better than any Masters i been too.

My dad’s friend let us use his Friday tickets back in 2015 (the first time I ever went) and I scored Monday practice round tickets in the lottery for last year. I l’m curious as to why we won’t find out if we got lucky for 2021 until September this year. Normally it’s been in July.

Live only minutes from the Masters...but in SC. Have only gotten practice tickets through the lottery one time. Really disappointed. A lot of folks have given up putting their names into the lottery. Seems like local people rarely get the lottery tickets. So it is tv for my family.

Live only minutes from the Masters...but in SC. Have only gotten practice tickets through the lottery one time. Really disappointed. A lot of folks have given up putting their names into the lottery. Seems like local people rarely get the lottery tickets. So it is tv for my family.
We lived in Augusta for 5 years and I concur about the no tickets for locals. I really believe they flag you if your address is local. They believe there are enough tickets on the local market.

We lived in Augusta for 5 years and I concur about the no tickets for locals. I really believe they flag you if your address is local. They believe there are enough tickets on the local market.

I think they feel they can get more money out of folks that live further away. (Housing, restaurants, etc). Since you lived in Augusta...the Masters just bought National Hills shopping center. They are going to eventually own most of Washington Rd near the golf course.

I think they feel they can get more money out of folks that live further away. (Housing, restaurants, etc). Since you lived in Augusta...the Masters just bought National Hills shopping center. They are going to eventually own most of Washington Rd near the golf course.
I know. It’s crazy. I was there when they basically bought up all the land on the other side of Berckmans Rd and then had the road moved so they could expand the lots.

Reactions: nikolas22
They need to get all the property they can. I don't think the cost of badges is tied to where you live - as far as the club is concerned. They get face value. Once badges hit the secondary market, it's whatever the market will bear. I've been to the tournament twice and practice rounds probably four times. Everyone who cares about sports would do well to attend at least one session. Augusta National is something you never forget.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I’ve been to The Masters 8 times in last 10 years. Usually go on Thursday, but last year went on Sunday.

I usually spend about $400 on shirts, jackets, hats, and a few other souvenirs. My favorite is my Masters umbrella and my duffel bag. My son told me today he couldn’t wait to get his 2020 cup. We have a cabinet full of them going back years.

My wife’s dad has had 4 badges since the mid 1960s. My kids have been 4-5 times. This year my Daughter is going with me for the first time. As of now, we plan to attend Saturday Nov 14th.
I'm talking Smalls to his first Masters for the Friday round. He can't wait.

My dad’s friend let us use his Friday tickets back in 2015 (the first time I ever went) and I scored Monday practice round tickets in the lottery for last year. I l’m curious as to why we won’t find out if we got lucky for 2021 until September this year. Normally it’s been in July.
Because the ticketing process opened later this year. Usually you can submit your request in early May.

“I don't think the cost of badges is tied to where you live - as far as the club is concerned. They get face value. Once badges hit the secondary market, it's whatever the market will bear.”

No, the cost of tickets is not tied to where you live...we think where you live has something to do with the allotment of tickets from the actual Masters itself. They want people from other states, foreigners, etc. They say not.

I'm talking Smalls to his first Masters for the Friday round. He can't wait.

It’s great.

if you have a child stand near a rope line as the golfers WALK OFF a hole toward the next Tee, a golfer or caddy might hand them a ball. That’s happened to my kids 3 times, including former winner Trevor Immelmann handing my son one.

but if you as an adult stand right beside them, the golfers and caddies will likely walk right past you so I always stand back about 15 feet and position my son where he is standing by himself. They aren’t as crazy about adults.

that’s during the tournament rounds. Practice rounds are easier to get balls and gloves but getting a ball during the tourney is really cool.

It’s great.

if you have a child stand near a rope line as the golfers WALK OFF a hole toward the next Tee, a golfer or caddy might hand them a ball. That’s happened to my kids 3 times, including former winner Trevor Immelmann handing my son one.

but if you as an adult stand right beside them, the golfers and caddies will likely walk right past you so I always stand back about 15 feet and position my son where he is standing by himself. They aren’t as crazy about adults.

that’s during the tournament rounds. Practice rounds are easier to get balls and gloves but getting a ball during the tourney is really cool.
Smalls always gets tons of stuff when he works The Heritage. Until last year, he was a standard bearer. He caddied in the pro-am last year, and was going to do so this year, along with working the range, but alas, he won't be able to because of the pandemic regulations.

I was able to attend the Masters every year from 1965 to 2008. My company had 24 tickets back in the 60's and I either used one of those with a customer or go with a supplier on Thursday or Friday. When the Japanese started playing along with other foreign players, the Masters kept reducing the number industry members received until we only received 4 tickets. Most of those thickets went to overseas attendees. My aunt also purchased two tickets and a parking space in 1938 and my wife went one day with her and she let me use the tickets and parking space on Sundays until she died in 1995. We send in the money several years while she was in a nursing home and used them - We paid for the tickets in 1985 but she died before the event and we did not receive the tickets - I understand they have a couple of people reading who died in the area and dropped their name. I was then able to use an uncle's tickets for about ten years. I attended the short course event on Tuesday or Wednesday and also practice rounds on those days. You can enjoy the event better on those days as players will stop and talk with you..

Reactions: Rollerdude123
I was able to attend the Masters every year from 1965 to 2008. My company had 24 tickets back in the 60's and I either used one of those with a customer or go with a supplier on Thursday or Friday. When the Japanese started playing along with other foreign players, the Masters kept reducing the number industry members received until we only received 4 tickets. Most of those thickets went to overseas attendees. My aunt also purchased two tickets and a parking space in 1938 and my wife went one day with her and she let me use the tickets and parking space on Sundays until she died in 1995. We send in the money several years while she was in a nursing home and used them - We paid for the tickets in 1985 but she died before the event and we did not receive the tickets - I understand they have a couple of people reading who died in the area and dropped their name. I was then able to use an uncle's tickets for about ten years. I attended the short course event on Tuesday or Wednesday and also practice rounds on those days. You can enjoy the event better on those days as players will stop and talk with you..

yep,

we will lose our tickets when my wife’s dad passes. But after 40+ years, we can’t complain.

I have been to the Masters several times and I'm amazed at the low cost of the sandwiches and beer. For anyone interested, I can get you in to play a round, but it will be after midnight and you have to be really, really quiet. Glow in the dark balls also help.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Like nccock, i was amazed at the concessions cost and quality. It is interesting that cups, napkins and sandwich wrappers are all green so the dont show up on the tv broadcast. That’s thinking ahead

Bettter hope rioters don’t cut down them pine trees

Reactions: cockofdawn

went to a Super Bowl in Miami, wow stayed the whole week prior. Had a BALL..... parties everywhere..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT