ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe I should start trashing Mark Kingston now...

You made my point...

We didn’t have great attendance and to say we were the top attendance since Richardson isn’t true all and @USCBatgirl21 was correct in her statement..

Oh crap man I give up. You want to go back to 1996 to explain why our fan base sucks at attendance. That’s 22 years. And again there was no commitment to winning.

Why don’t you and Batgirl riddle me this. Give me your list of college baseball programs that support baseball better than USC.

Oh crap man I give up. You want to go back to 1996 to explain why our fan base sucks at attendance. That’s 22 years. And again there was no commitment to winning.

Why don’t you and Batgirl riddle me this. Give me your list of college baseball programs that support baseball better than USC.
Short list.....LSU

It was fun when we had the "killer B's" and those late 90's teams that had some long ball hitters.
Yes, but people didn't follow it like they all of a sudden did on June 29, 2010. And those same people are the ones who have jumped ship now. For the last 8 years, the baseball fanbase has been full of bandwagonners.

That's not even close to being true.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Last time I checked, Winthrop was located in Rock Hill.

Personally, I don't expect to win every in-state game, but by this point in in the season, we ideally should have more such victories than we do.

Of course I wasn't speaking entirely literally.

Average attendance from 1977 to 2005 (29 years) was 2,036 per game. That is less than half capacity. I know what I saw with my own eyes, both when in the stands, and on the field for 4 years. It may have been a religion for those few of us who truly enjoy baseball, and prefer it to football. But not to Gamecock Nation as a whole. Most of Gamecock Nation is, at best, bandwagon baseball fans. They love football most of all and if given a choice, they will be at Williams-Brice, not the diamond.

To be brutally honest, the numbers of late are inflated because schools have gone to announcing paid attendance, instead of the actual gate attendance. Example - reported attendance for this past Tuesday was 6,104. There was NOT 6,104 there. Not even remotely close.

appreciate you batgirl....but 2000 back in 87-91 was pretty dang good....most schools only had a few parents in the stands.

we have supported baseball for 5-6 decades.

ADVERTISEMENT