ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe old news but it feels like they are pulling away......

I know who you have and they aren't as good as who you had. Especially @ QB, TE, RB, and WR. You lost the 1st WR that will be taken in the draft and the 2nd or 3rd QB. Your running game depends on a mobile QB to make it function properly and Hunter Johnson does not have running in his skill set.
Tee Higgins, Cornell Powell, Diondre Overton, TJ Chase, Deon Cain, Hunter Renfrow, Ray Ray Mcloud, Trevion Thompson, Amari Rodgers....I don't think CLEMSON is hurting for receivers to replace Mike Williams and Artavis Scott. Hunter Johnson may well be a better runner than Deshaun, we'll see. Kelly Bryant is an excellent runner but a very average thrower of the football at this point. Haven't seen Zerrick Cooper yet but they say he has a cannon. If CJ Fuller does a decent job blocking he's already proven to be a decent runner and pass catcher out of the backfield. Feaster has no where to go but up at this point. The whole oline is back minus the center with depth across the board. Clemson D will be loaded across the front seven and can match production they had this past year or may be better. Clemson's success will continue for years to come.

Reactions: griffgolf
I was in the upstate last week and they are already announcing on
WCCP that true Freshman Hunter
Johnson will be the starter next year and his only returning receiver with significant offensive production is Deon McCain. The drop off @ QB and WR will be dramatic next season but the worst part is they have to depend on Feaster @ R B and it is common knowledge he is afraid of contact and that is why he failed to develop and play more in 2016. They essentially burned his red shirt against SC State.

Our offense will be exposive in 2017. Jake Bentley was supposed to be in high school last season and came in early, took over the starting job, and produced passing yards and touchdowns equivalent to Deshaun Watson's Freshman stats minus the star power @ WR. His star power @ the skilled positions increase greatly next season because of experience gained. We should be able to outscore most teams we face in 2017.
Man, I hope you sober up by time for church...

Tee Higgins, Cornell Powell, Diondre Overton, TJ Chase, Deon Cain, Hunter Renfrow, Ray Ray Mcloud, Trevion Thompson, Amari Rodgers....I don't think CLEMSON is hurting for receivers to replace Mike Williams and Artavis Scott. Hunter Johnson may well be a better runner than Deshaun, we'll see. Kelly Bryant is an excellent runner but a very average thrower of the football at this point. Haven't seen Zerrick Cooper yet but they say he has a cannon. If CJ Fuller does a decent job blocking he's already proven to be a decent runner and pass catcher out of the backfield. Feaster has no where to go but up at this point. The whole oline is back minus the center with depth across the board. Clemson D will be loaded across the front seven and can match production they had this past year or may be better. Clemson's success will continue for years to come.
Kinda goes along with what I've heard....and the fact that with few schollies to give, y'all chose to take a RB in this class. Feaster is a track guy, doesn't like contact, and despite his size, doesn't run well between the tackles. Fast, but can't break the first tackle, doesn't block well and is iffy catching the ball out of the back field. Heard that he always tries to take it to the outside and outrun everyone like in HS...that doesn't work so well in college.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Too bad for them they couldn't edit the butthole plunges by boulware and friends
Maybe they are proud of the groping as some perverse form of Clemson masculinity, and see it as an expression of Tiger pride, i.e. Tiger paws on some guy's private area.

Kinda goes along with what I've heard....and the fact that with few schollies to give, y'all chose to take a RB in this class. Feaster is a track guy, doesn't like contact, and despite his size, doesn't run well between the tackles. Fast, but can't break the first tackle, doesn't block well and is iffy catching the ball out of the back field. Heard that he always tries to take it to the outside and outrun everyone like in HS...that doesn't work so well in college.
Actually Feaster has the best hands of the the running backs and played his junior and senior year of high school with a torn labrum that was misdiagnosed.they are expecting big things out of him next year

I have noticed an uptick in discussion of...Ken Hatfield (of all people) on this site! Didn't he coach like 25-30 years ago? Yes, I remember him but I doubt the majority of Clemson fans today are "the same rednecks". Most fans back then didn't like him primarily because he wasn't Danny Ford, plain and simple. Whoever followed Danny after the way he was forced out would have been treated likewise regardless of who it was.
Well yeah, 90% of clem fans became clem fans in the past 2 years.

Feaster is going to be a good RB, he has speed and size.

You would think a player that was a 5 star recruit and Clemson un-retired CJ Spillers number for would have contributed more in the 2016 season. I expected him to be like other 5 star recruits that played the same position that became 1,000 yard rushers in their true Freshmen seasons like Marcus Lattimore, Todd Gurley, and Nick Chubb. His is not anywhere close to what they produce in their 1st season of college football.

Add his disappointment with the expectation of starting a true Freshman QB in 2017 as WCCP expects, Clemson will have a limited, mistake prone offense next season.

200w.gif
You would think a player that was a 5 star recruit and Clemson un-retired CJ Spillers number for would have contributed more in the 2016 season. I expected him to be like other 5 star recruits that played the same position that became 1,000 yard rushers in their true Freshmen seasons like Marcus Lattimore, Todd Gurley, and Nick Chubb. His is not anywhere close to what they produce in their 1st season of college football.

Add his disappointment with the expectation of starting a true Freshman QB in 2017 as WCCP expects, Clemson will have a limited, mistake prone offense next season.

Actually Feaster has the best hands of the the running backs and played his junior and senior year of high school with a torn labrum that was misdiagnosed.they are expecting big things out of him next year
I just know what people who have seen him practice say...those reports aren't nearly as rosy as yours.

As an alum I am proud that we have competitive teams in all sports (more or less); as a fan I would take the trade off in being terrible to average in all other sports (see BAMA) if the reward was a dominant football program.
As an alum myself, I'm glad we're competing with Stanford and Vandy for graduation rates of our players - and for the Dodie that is clearly a shining gem in all of college sports for helping athletes who otherwise wouldn't give a rip about being a student first.

I know graduation rates down win NCs, but I still think education is the biggest thing these kids get.

sounds like you are engaged in wishful thinking. there's no evidence that he won't be a good RB.
Except reports from people who have watched him practice while at Clemson....and comments from some Shrine Bowl coaches last year. Kid doesn't like contact...Gallman needed relief in games this year, Feaster should have been able to provide that, but didn't....and it wasn't just blocking.

Except reports from people who have watched him practice while at Clemson....and comments from some Shrine Bowl coaches last year. Kid doesn't like contact...Gallman needed relief in games this year, Feaster should have been able to provide that, but didn't....and it wasn't just blocking.

if kid doesn't like contact, why is he playing football at all. lol

Fuller was 2nd on the depth chart last year. you don't know what you are talking about.

if kid doesn't like contact, why is he playing football at all. lol
Good question...he was a track guy. Besides there are quite a few players (RBs) who don't like contact, who go down too easy. It's not that unusual. D. Williams has the same problem...size and speed, but can't run between the tackles and wants to bounce everything to the outside. Works in HS, but not nearly as well in college.

We can start with producing better quality 30 second spots which air during televised sporting events. Clem does this well too and it supports their recruiting message, both for athletes and regular students. Ours aren't horrible, but seem unpolished and wouldn't grab a casual viewer's attention.
If there Marketing people are that good how in the world did the best player in the country not win the Heisman

Not saying we will be as good kon offense but Renfrow and Cain both caught almost 100 yards worth of passes against Alabama.Hunter Johnson ran a 4.71 laser timed 40 time at the under armor game which was the fastest time of any quarterback there though no one really sees him as a true freshman being our quarterback this year.if we have recruited well then the replacements won't be far off from what we had. The last two years defensively we've replaced between seven and nine players with just a little fall off. I guess time will tell.
Don't care if he ran a 4.5 time will tell if he's gping to throw those darts like Watson. Go back and look at the starting lineups from 2011 and now and Watson is the main reason for for the difference

Don't care if he ran a 4.5 time will tell if he's gping to throw those darts like Watson. Go back and look at the starting lineups from 2011 and now and Watson is the main reason for for the difference
Don't think anybody expects us to be as good on offense next year but I think most Clemson fans expect us to be better defensively.On offense we have all our linemen iin the two deep back except one ,we have proven receivers back,we have decent running back's, of course how far will go on offense Will depend on in a large part on the quality of our quarterback play but no one up there thinks it's going to be a true freshman.I think the one thing you are overlooking is we have a much better roster around the quarterback then we had in 2011both on offense and defensively. I think we prove it last year sub staining eight or nine starters lost off the defensive side and still be good defensively

Don't think anybody expects us to be as good on offense next year but I think most Clemson fans expect us to be better defensively.On offense we have all our linemen iin the two deep back except one ,we have proven receivers back,we have decent running back's, of course how far will go on offense Will depend on in a large part on the quality of our quarterback play but no one up there thinks it's going to be a true freshman.I think the one thing you are overlooking is we have a much better roster around the quarterback then we had in 2011both on offense and defensively. I think we prove it last year sub staining eight or nine starters lost off the defensive side and still be good defensively

Is "sub staining" what one does to the underside of a deck?

If there Marketing people are that good how in the world did the best player in the country not win the Heisman

Too many interceptions. Plus they are marketing to recruits and other prospective students, not Heisman voters who all get group think syndrome after listening to ESPN talking heads early in the season.

Do we have a chance with him?

He has visited a couple of times and is not committed. His recent visits were to Georgia and Alabama's playoff game in Atlanta. He also had an in home with Urban Meyer in December.

He is real close to his mother and our proximity to Laurinburg, NC should give us a chance with him IMO. His home town is also near Southern Pines, NC so Jaylin Dickerson can help recruit him.

If you watch Jaylin Dickerson's highlights, one of the plays is him running down and tackling the beast, Zamir White during a close game.

He has visited a couple of times and is not committed. His recent visits were to Georgia and Alabama's playoff game in Atlanta. He also had an in home with Urban Meyer in December.

He is real close to his mother and our proximity to Laurinburg, NC should give us a chance with him IMO. His home town is also near Southern Pines, NC so Jaylin Dickerson can help recruit him.

If you watch Jaylin Dickerson's highlights, one of the plays is him running down and tackling the beast, Zamir White during a close game.
Statistically SDSU has a chance too...

Yep. Primarily to question flawed logic like the theory that we concentrate on being good in only "one single sport". Yes, we're bad at basketball but...name another sport.

Football (obviously good), but also..Baseball - 2016 ACC Champs, Soccer - Top 5 the last 2 years, Golf - Perennial Top 20 team, Tennis - Perennial Top 20 team, etc. etc.

I do agree with the premise we are "pulling away" though :) ...

Nahh has more to do with the insecurities of your fanbase. Constantly seeking approval. You people are a therapist's dream.

if I was the USC AD, I would have hired an OC that coached teams that scored a lot of points and threw the ball a lot. you have at to have a fun offense in place to get the best players on offense.

going with a DC who couldn't get the offfense going at Florida for years was the worst move SC could make. SC cemented in recruits mind that SC is boring on offense.

whatever Bentley Samuel Dowdle Edwards Hurst etc say hello.

Nahh has more to do with the insecurities of your fanbase. Constantly seeking approval. You people are a therapist's dream.

Nope....Has more to do with the constant stalking and cult like behavior of your fan base. Pull for Clemson, go to Newspring, and hang out and constantly post on competing schools message boards. You're all cut from the same cookie dough with the same pattern. Obsesive, compulsive, psychotic behavior is an infectious virus in Clemson. Thankfully it is isolated to one breed of fan.

Yep. Primarily to question flawed logic like the theory that we concentrate on being good in only "one single sport". Yes, we're bad at basketball but...name another sport.

Football (obviously good), but also..Baseball - 2016 ACC Champs, Soccer - Top 5 the last 2 years, Golf - Perennial Top 20 team, Tennis - Perennial Top 20 team, etc. etc.

I do agree with the premise we are "pulling away" though :) ...
ACC tournament champs in baseball is a fluke since it's really a round robin series. You have never done anything in baseball and never will. Yes, 12 College World Series, but only 12 wins total to show. Carolina won 12 games in a row in the CWS and 22 in a row in post season games.

They were good in 11 thru 13 how that work out

Well, Let’s see.

2011 – First ACC championship in 20 years and first 11 win season since 1981, that was good. Got punked by WV in the Orange Bowl, that was bad. Hired Brent Venables as DC, that was good.

2012: 11 win season and a win over LSU in the Bowl game. That’s good.

2013: 11 win season and a win over Ohio State in the Orange Bowl. That’s good.

So those were VERY successful seasons. Sure, we lost to USC all 3 years, but USC was one hell of a football team during that stretch. That USC was capable of beating any team in the country. Unfortunately, they “Clemsoned” their way to zero SEC Conference titles and not even an SEC East win during their absolute best 3 year run in history.

Most importantly, Clemson used those 3 years to continue building the program, addressing the weaknesses and continuing to build on our strengths. Two years later we were playing for a national title. Three years later Clemson wins it all.

USC? Well, not so much...

I’d say it worked out pretty well…

giphy.gif

Well, Let’s see.

2011 – First ACC championship in 20 years and first 11 win season since 1981, that was good. Got punked by WV in the Orange Bowl, that was bad. Hired Brent Venables as DC, that was good.

2012: 11 win season and a win over LSU in the Bowl game. That’s good.

2013: 11 win season and a win over Ohio State in the Orange Bowl. That’s good.

So those were VERY successful seasons. Sure, we lost to USC all 3 years, but USC was one hell of a football team during that stretch. That USC was capable of beating any team in the country. Unfortunately, they “Clemsoned” their way to zero SEC Conference titles and not even an SEC East win during their absolute best 3 year run in history.

Most importantly, Clemson used those 3 years to continue building the program, addressing the weaknesses and continuing to build on our strengths. Two years later we were playing for a national title. Three years later Clemson wins it all.

USC? Well, not so much...

I’d say it worked out pretty well…

Nope....Has more to do with the constant stalking and cult like behavior of your fan base. Pull for Clemson, go to Newspring, and hang out and constantly post on competing schools message boards. You're all cut from the same cookie dough with the same pattern. Obsesive, compulsive, psychotic behavior is an infectious virus in Clemson. Thankfully it is isolated to one breed of fan.

My fan base? I was talking about them coming over here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT