ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe SC and Clemson aren't so far apart

giphy.gif

Yeah let’s discount that whole head to head matchup where we were beaten like an old rug.
We were beaten like a team that had lost its four year starter senior QB in the first game of the season and was playing a true freshman QB that had been injured since the third game of the season.

Some of you guys could stand to scrote up a bit and stop being such ninnies.

Assuming you’re not a tater which if so, stfu.

We were beaten like a team that had lost its four year starter senior QB in the first game of the season and was playing a true freshman QB that had been injured since the third game of the season.

Sorry for telling the truth. We are nowhere near them.

Yeah, for real. It's so obvious the reason we lost is because we were playing an injured freshman QB who gave up 527 yards to Clemson's offense. Duh.

Pretty sure Bentley was a 3 year starter, coming into his senior season. You also can’t deny the fact that we haven’t competed with them the better half of the last decade. Anyone with eyes can see the speed, depth and athleticism as well as coaching and in-game adjustments are on the side of Clemson.

I don’t like it but I’m just being realistic. Sorry to offend anyone.

Wow I want't trying to start WW3, we all know Carolina underachieved and is nowhere near Clemson at this point. I was just pointing out that Clemson's SOS was really really bad.

Wow I want't trying to start WW3, we all know Carolina underachieved and is nowhere near Clemson at this point. I was just pointing out that Clemson's SOS was really really bad.
That was not your opening statement. You stated that the two programs "are not that far apart". Now on this post you state we are "nowhere near Clemson".
Surely you can see why fellow posters were giving serious pushback on your original post,

They beat UNC by 1, Bentley hits Shi Smith on the late overthrow for a TD, we win by 3, that is kind of similar too?. ;)

They beat Tex Am by 14, we lost by 27, hmmmm, Ok I I got nothing on that one:(

Last edited:
That was not your opening statement. You stated that the two programs "are not that far apart". Now on this post you state we are "nowhere near Clemson".
Surely you can see why fellow posters were giving serious pushback on your original post,
SOS was not far apart. Nowhere did I use the word "program".. try to stay with me here...…...

The good (or bad) thing is we dont have to speculate about whether we are closing the gap. We'll find out next November. We didnt close the gap last season.

Reactions: SOSUSC
For the record, based on Google Map.

Memorial Stadium and Williams Brice are 136 to 142 miles apart depending on what route you take.

Far for some, not so much for others

Just dropping some

InbornShockedGecko-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Judson1
Did Clemson lose to a team like App State?
Love how we slam App State. They only lost to 1 team, a pesky triple option team and quite frankly outmatched us physically. I am more mad about UNC and Tenn with an argument for Mizz. although they were playing their best ball at home in the early part of the season.

Reactions: wentzel25
Love how we slam App State. They only lost to 1 team, a pesky triple option team and quite frankly outmatched us physically. I am more mad about UNC and Tenn with an argument for Mizz. although they were playing their best ball at home in the early part of the season.
A Sun Belt team should never outmatch you physically. We beat UCF a few years back and were their only loss when they won the Orange Bowl. Or was it the Fiesta?

i am laughing. Clemson would beat us 10 out of 10 times by 3 plus touchdowns. Muschump can’t beat app state. That is an asinine statement.

SOS was not far apart. Nowhere did I use the word "program".. try to stay with me here...…...

Are you saying the strength of schedule is not far apart for USC and Clemson? If so, then where do you get that from? Clemson didn't play a team that finished ranked in the top 25 during the season. We played 5, 3 of which finished in the top 10.

Pretty sure Bentley was a 3 year starter, coming into his senior season. You also can’t deny the fact that we haven’t competed with them the better half of the last decade. Anyone with eyes can see the speed, depth and athleticism as well as coaching and in-game adjustments are on the side of Clemson.

I don’t like it but I’m just being realistic. Sorry to offend anyone.
And when Bentley started this year that made him a starter in... four years.

Didn’t say we were close to them; very few teams are. But to pretend we were beaten at anything resembling full strength is not....ah yes, “realistic.”

Ninnies. Afraid of Clemson.

#notaclue

Didn’t say we were close to them; very few teams are. But to pretend we were beaten at anything resembling full strength is not....ah yes, “realistic.”

#notaclue
Under the current regime we are rarely at full strength. That’s where depth comes in. And we don’t have it and they do.

#notaclue
I understood what you were trying to say. You have to be careful on this board, attempting to say anything remotely positive about a team you supposedly pull for will get you flamed.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Muschamp's first 5 recruiting classes and Swinney's first 5 classes have been remarkably similar. But Swinney has proven to be better at hiring assistants and has adjusted to the changing rules of college football whereas Muschamp has not. I hate to say that. Yet, it's true.

Muschamp's first 5 recruiting classes and Swinney's first 5 classes have been remarkably similar. But Swinney has proven to be better at hiring assistants and has adjusted to the changing rules of college football whereas Muschamp has not. I hate to say that. Yet, it's true.

Dabo knew he couldn't coach, knew his limitations, and got the school to pay top dollar for good assistant coaches.

Trying to massage us closer to respectability on a sports message board thread is as comedic an endeavor as I have ever witnessed. Glad I sat up late to see it.

Carolina and Clemson are pretty dang far apart. I know Clemson’s schedule isn’t as hard as an SEC schedule. But Clemson killed us..... we are still losing to jr. College teams. We didn’t even qualify for a bowl. They played in the national championship. They are better and it’s not even close :(

Reactions: griffgolf
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT