ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe the most shocking thing about Brian Kelly

Coq.de.Combat

Nov 6, 2015
While the move from ND was shocking, almost as shocking was what he was getting at $2.67 million annually from Notre Dame. And this maybe the most high pressure gig in college football.

Wasnt will Muschump making 4 million? He would be the second or third lowest paid coach in the SEC.

That’s not accurate. Don’t know where that number is being reported.
Except it is. He was allowed additional income opportunities with ND's approval, but $2.67 was his base salary.

Like I said in a previous post, my source is a lifelong ND fan who recently started a conversation with "What do you think about Shane Beamer making more than Brian Kelly?" I immediately called BS, and I was immediately proven wrong.

Just read the first few paragraphs.

Except it is. He was allowed additional income opportunities with ND's approval, but $2.67 was his base salary.

Like I said in a previous post, my source is a lifelong ND fan who recently started a conversation with "What do you think about Shane Beamer making more than Brian Kelly?" I immediately called BS, and I was immediately proven wrong.

I don't see what you're talking about in that article.

Reactions: will110

Kelly gets like 250-500k speaking fee when he goes to booster things. He also has free house, and many more perks. Dude was making 7+ million according to ND reporters.

That report isn’t even right about his LSU salary. He has a 10 year 9-10 million a year contract.

Reactions: rogue cock

I think there might be some confusion about “base salary”. Technically, Beamer’s “base salary” from the university is around $300,000 or so. The remainder of his income is supplied by the booster association and other sources. ND is a private school so I’m sure it works a little different but I imaging there is a certain amount covered by the school itself, and the rest is covered elsewhere. This might be where your figures are coming from. It’s extremely unlikely Kelly would have even gone to ND in the first place for that amount.

I think there might be some confusion about “base salary”. Technically, Beamer’s “base salary” from the university is around $300,000 or so. The remainder of his income is supplied by the booster association and other sources. ND is a private school so I’m sure it works a little different but I imaging there is a certain amount covered by the school itself, and the rest is covered elsewhere. This might be where your figures are coming from. It’s extremely unlikely Kelly would have even gone to ND in the first place for that amount.
Nor would he only be making that much after this long on the job.

Reactions: rogue cock
Nor would he only be making that much after this long on the job.
I mean multiple sites say the exact same thing if you can be bothered to look.

From 2020, but not much changed after that:

"Brian Kelly’s salary last fall was $1,665,020, placing him in the bottom half of the FBS at No. 75. Those ahead of him include No. 65 Dino Babers, possibly one more losing season from being fired at Syracuse; No. 61 Chris Ash, who was dumped by Rutgers; No. 55 Steve Addazio, who recently resurfaced at Colorado State after being fired at Boston College; and No. 43 Clay Helton, whose seat at USC is feeling toasty after a 13-12 mark over the past two seasons."

I’d say the key to all of this is, as another poster pointed out, that as a private school details of the contract are not made public. Those details not made public are likely not the $2.6M that is made public, but all the other $ associated with it to make is total income much higher.

For reference, Manny Diaz at Miami, another private school, has a $3.1M salary. That’s in line with what ND is paying Kelly as a base. But I am sure both made more, and Kelly probably made at least double his base.

Dave Clawson was in the news getting a shiny new contract from Wake Forest. But we don’t believe they locked him up with $2.1M annually do we?

Kelly would still rank low on the pay scale, because when the make those rankings they go on the data they have. His contract isn’t public info as public colle

Reactions: Dizzy01
Right here:

"As for Notre Dame's Brian Kelly? The coach who's produced 102 victories in 11 seasons for the Fighting Irish? While Kelly received a contract extension in September 2020, no new numbers were disclosed. His salary of record stands at about $1.8 million -- and that won't get you on this list. Here's who did make the cut."
Thank you for posting that, and it's not that I don't believe you, but I still don't see that part in the first link you posted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT