ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Vandy just got another 5 star top10 recruit

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
They beat out Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana and Duke for this top 10 5 star guard...No doubt their new HBC is buying ball players....I salute him for understanding whats demanded of HBCs that want to win consistently and big

They beat out Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana and Duke for this top 10 5 star guard...No doubt their new HBC is buying ball players....I salute him for understanding whats demanded of HBCs that want to win consistently and big
That's insane. I still don't understand how they pulled the SF from Porter Gaud

Vanderbilt is a great academic school. Some kids still look for that quality. Duke is as well obviously, but Duke won’t get them all in spite of tradition. Sometimes location and relationships trump all. If you are a great basketball player, it’s diff than FB. FB is an 85 man roster that requires most of those players to be really good to compete at highest level. In basketball, you are talking about 11-13 important players at most, and the top 7-8 is clincher. If a coach at a great academic school can convince 2-4 of those types (great players that favor a great Academic school) to come together than he will have found and sold his advantage to the group of players in that pool.

Reactions: king ward
They made the SEC. And NCAA tourney, the lost in Rnd of 64, but let's not focus on that.

but that is enough for them, that's all Bryce Drew seems to need.

Maybe some day we will have some Momentum to buld off of and improve our recruiting.

I can hope right?

Vanderbilt is a great academic school. Some kids still look for that quality. Duke is as well obviously, but Duke won’t get them all in spite of tradition. Sometimes location and relationships trump all. If you are a great basketball player, it’s diff than FB. FB is an 85 man roster that requires most of those players to be really good to compete at highest level. In basketball, you are talking about 11-13 important players at most, and the top 7-8 is clincher. If a coach at a great academic school can convince 2-4 of those types (great players that favor a great Academic school) to come together than he will have found and sold his advantage to the group of players in that pool.

Yeah, It's got to be the quality education and tradition, cause they've routinely landed multiple 5-star players on a yearly basis and compare so well to Duke in both education and tradition. We all know cheating doesn't happen in NCAA basketball. Come'on this smells fishy as hell, and in light recent developments, I'm going to assume when unusual crap like this happens someone is getting paid. I don't you're as naive as I was preUNC NCAA ruling, and looking back I was as naive as a 50 year old can be

I thought stars didn’t matter?

Amazing we make a final four run and still struggle at signing great talent

Hmmmm . . . and they're doing all this while existing in the shadow of the 'Big Blue'? I agree. Something ain't right at 'The Commodore's' school.

I guess knowing they will never dominate in football in the SEC (aka the NFLjr), the powers-that-be in Nashville have decided to follow the example of their first cousins in Durham - get it done in basketball! Fewer athletes to recruit and keep track of and, besides, in college basketball damn near EVERYBODY cheats!

Reactions: lawcalcock
Yeah, It's got to be the quality education and tradition, cause they've routinely landed multiple 5-star players on a yearly basis and compare so well to Duke in both education and tradition. We all know cheating doesn't happen in NCAA basketball. Come'on this smells fishy as hell, and in light recent developments, I'm going to assume when unusual crap like this happens someone is getting paid. I don't you're as naive as I was preUNC NCAA ruling, and looking back I was as naive as a 50 year old can be

Has Vanderbilt ever been involved in any type of recruiting shenanigans? In any sport? I’m asking, I don’t know, but certainly from my memory they have not ever been associated with such. Maybe I have missed it, but they seem to not place winning at all costs above playing by the rules. If they are cheating now, it would seem to be a brand new approach by a university that has not, to my knowledge, gone that route before in spite of decades of having to play uphill in athletics in SEC sports. Don’t mention baseball scholarships, that is legal. Don’t mention the off field FB troubles with players doing illegal things, that has no bearing on recruiting legally. I think I need to see where ANDY has cheated in recruiting before I believe it. Fire away.

Hmmmm . . . and they're doing all this while existing in the shadow of the 'Big Blue'? I agree. Something ain't right at 'The Commodore's' school.

I guess knowing they will never dominate in football in the SEC (aka the NFLjr), the powers-that-be in Nashville have decided to follow the example of their first cousins in Durham - get it done in basketball! Fewer athletes to recruit and keep track of and, besides, in college basketball damn near EVERYBODY cheats!

everybody except South Carolina

Reactions: 67gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT