ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Tulsa game thread

That's awesome!!!!!!!!

I looked at box score and noticed something about Dozier. He started but played less minutes than Notice. He had less points (only 3) but had more rebounds and assists. That is pretty dang good for a freshman. Also noticed that Silva and Cobb did not play that much. The Lithuanians are really playing well and is nice that we have a couple freshman that DONT HAVE to play ALOT that much immediately. It has been a long time since we have been able to say that. We finally have legitimate starters at all positions with legitimate backups at all positions!

In five games Duane is averaging 24 minutes per game coming off the bench. 12.2 points 2 rebounds 2 assists. PJ is averaging 18 minutes has started all five games and is averaging 6.8 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists. PJ's height gives us a new dimension. I wish both of them could learn to FINISH on drives. Everything looks good until the ball is going up and then it just doesn't go in. PJ is getting more comfortable with his outside shot. I do not think PJ has quite caught up with the speed of the college game. PJ is a very good passer and looks for the open man. If it did not mean his demise at the hands of Frank I wish Notice would look to shoot more often and earlier in the clock.

You know what I hate? Allowing the other team to inbound the ball and let it roll to half-court before picking it up. Tulsa did that several times tonight. You have to force them to inbound in the backcourt, then fall back into your zone. Tulsa saved several seconds by doing it. In a closer game, could have been the difference between winning and losing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT